KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I hate that KingSong requires you to remove padding to gain access to the wheel interior.

This point I fully agree upon. 

I see why they do it, I just think is is bad anyway. (it hides screws/holes, cover to be tiny bit more waterproof I guess). 

I must say, that looks like a nice seat. Wonder if @Jason McNeil will be carrying these?

He was one of those pushing for this in the early stages, so I can't imagine him not selling these. 

But it might be, it isn't shipped with first batch. My EU dealer doesn't get them until later shipment. 

Jason said it would be under 100$, someone posted a price yesterday for 70$, but he didn't post at what dealer/country. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This point I fully agree upon. 

I see why they do it, I just think is is bad anyway. (it hides screws/holes, cover to be tiny bit more waterproof I guess). 

yea its fantastic until its not lmao.. same with taking off the led covers my eyes roll into the back of my skull when i have to rip those things off with brute strength so annoying.. reminds me of the painful ninebot disassembly i hate popping off panels with force just use screws ffs

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

Just now, Rywokast said:

yea its fantastic until its not lmao.. same with taking off the led covers my eyes roll into the back of my skull when i have to rip those things off with brute strength so annoying.. the nikola looks to be one of the best wheels ever for disassembly.. just sucks that youll have to take the pedals off wish they had left a gap there

I think my Inmotion V8 was fairy easy to access wheel/tyre/tube or the internals. 

... Until I had a crash where the force of tumbling was so hard the trolley extended and took a hit that bend it. Then it was close to impossible to prey open. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I hate that KingSong requires you to remove padding to gain access to the wheel interior.

Good job gotway nikola was easy to open tbh with the board problems

Hopefully the ks16x won't need to be opened , but i know what you mean it would be nice to have a peek inside now and again to see if eveything is visually ok without have to remove pads

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Everything can look the "same" on paper but the 16X may not have the great balance of the Nikola. Or it could. My high praise of the Nikola isn't all about the power, it's how great it rides. The 16X has big shoes to fill.

I completely agree. I’m still pretty new at all this but I own a lot of wheels and by far the Nikola is the most comfortable ride I have.  It’s like a Cadillac. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

Yes!!! It’s almost in my hands

Yes I received the same notification at 2:10 am. Who works that late? @Jason McNeil needs to get some sleep. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, Unventor said:

They are using a different but still automatic system. It is a spring loaded mechanical system instead of a stress sensor. 

Someone wrote about this earlier in one of there threads of the KS16X. Even showed a picture. Maybe it was @US69 that reported it. I don’t recall the details only that I think it is a brilliant iteration of the KS18L lesson. 

Yes, exactly, it is learned lesson About first Batch 18L.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Avid EUCer said:

The only reason I didn't preorder the 16X is because I want to wait to see if they resolved the"issue"of the power throttling back after 50% battery use. I want this wheel, but I like to ride long distances.

18XL doesn't have this it's like 25%.. you heard different about 16X? thought it would be similar

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Avid EUCer said:

The only reason I didn't preorder the 16X is because I want to wait to see if they resolved the"issue"of the power throttling back after 50% battery use. I want this wheel, but I like to ride long distances.

Well if you want distance then you don't go full throttle anyway. I found my KS18L has a "sweet spot" around 25-30kmh due to body wind resistance. Going fast means less range.

So long story very short: distance is never great at full throttle no mater what wheel you have. 

So in my eyes it really does not matter if throttling happens at 50% or 25%, because I never ride that fast anyway. Most of the time it is 25-35kmh that I feel less stressed and most ride comfort. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Earl said:

They're getting closer

image.thumb.png.c8c76ea816b153f31dd544e89bcd6f53.png

Hehe do you follow this live? 

BTW @Rehab1I thought you wished for another week of delay, as that would mean you live 1 week longer.

(aka the time before your wife spots a new family member in the household) 😉

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

BTW @Rehab1I thought you wished for another week of delay, as that would mean you live 1 week longer.

(aka the time before your wife spots a new family member in the household) 😉

48375147587_a1f02ae4af_b.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

Why Alaska first? LOL 

I think they went for ice cream. Melts too fast in LA. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Yup. Just like NORAD tracks Santa. Truth be told, mine is destined for the cargo ship--I'm too cheap to pay the speed tax. If there was a way to track the ship in real-time, I'd definitely be glued to some screen 24x7.  Especially with that fierce looking @Rehab1 squall bearing down... :w00t2:

Edited by Jeff Earl
spelling error
  • Like 1