KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@Unventor...you have been heard! :thumbup:

@Marty Backe ...how much longer can you hold back? :popcorn:

awesome, i want my royalties thats exactly what i suggested a while back.. though the idea was admittedly stolen from gotway

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

Sweet :thumbup:

Now I have to upgrade my order once more..... I am sure my dealer loves this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Sweet :thumbup:

Now I have to upgrade my order once more..... I am sure my dealer loves this. 

Cool thing, even if I didn't order one, because I only drive offroad and no long distances on roads without potholes.
But I orderd some spare parts (2 tubes, 1 tire, handle and a complete foam set just in case) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This is great news, it's more than just a seat! Kingsong doing such stuff is how one gets Gotway off their asses and actually care about new features. We might get nice Gotway seats and all kinds of new stuff now. And Gotway constantly one-upping them is how you finally, finally get KS off their asses (just like with this, or with 1600Wh batteries).

1 hour ago, Blueblade said:

Alright so compared to the nikola, the 16X is going to:

Be ~2 lbs lighter, be ~1in thinner, have 4 speakers and a subwoofer instead of 2 "tinny" sounding ones, have a sturdy trolly handle you can easily grab instead of a scorpion style one and that extra thick carrying handle, padding on the sides for comfort, have longer, higher pedals, includes a mudflap, has a seat option, AND it's going to do all that while being $9 cheaper???

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-king-song-16x-1554wh-battery-2000w-motor-3-wide-tire/

Man i wish I had $2000 to blow!

@Marty Backe might have to revise his statement about the Nikola being the best EUC of 2019 soon! 😋

Possibly! The KS16X looks like it could be a very good wheel, and I sincerely hope it will be. Now, I don't want to be contrarian - or hmm wait, actually I love being contrarian! In this case probably though since this post has the air of an insincere TV commercial. Anyway, as I said I hope the KS16X will be an awesome wheel, but let the wheel prove itself first. If it's as good as I hope it will be then it will speak for itself. Also, the Nikola has "padding on the side for comfort" (as shipped the side pads sucks in my opinion, but still), and 9$ is hardly a weighty argument for anyone purchasing a 2000$ wheel.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

2 pounds lighter? 1" thinner? Nine bucks cheaper, okay, so you can buy an extra coffee at Starbucks. 

You are missing 2very vital points. 

You can sit and drink your warm coffee on the fly 😉

And you get a Kingsong instead of a Gotway. Yes I am that biased between these 2 brands. 

After all I am 2nd time 1st batch adopter of KS. 👌👍🥳. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

. I think what's going to determine if this is a great wheel or not is how it feels to ride it. Do your feet slip off? How is the braking? Does it make that high-pitched sound. Does the 2200 watt motor help? How fast is the acceleration? etc. @Kuji Rolls gave it thumbs up, so let's hope the production version is an awesome ride.

Yeah, time will tell... that's why I qualified my Marty comment with "might" and "soon".  On paper it looks pretty promising though... Lots of little details seem just a liitle bit better on the 16x (including, yes, that measly $9 saved!). I'm anxious to hear all those first batch purchasers' opinions/reviews in a couple weeks!  Hopefully no hot glued mosfet fiascos or anything! ;-)

Edited by Blueblade
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

Hopefully no hot glued mosfet fiascos or anything! ;-)

Well there are almost bound to be some quarks... 😏

But on the other hand I am now a 2nd time 1st batch adopter from KS. 1st time was KS18L.

So what can possibly go wrong? 🙄

Well first quark: delayed launch, missed my holiday. 

Fix: saved days for a 2nd holiday. 

• Like 1

(If you look at my signature, you'll see that I have an 18XL. I'm not a fanboy for any particular brand.)

I definitely want to see Kingsong make a competitive product. So what the are the unique selling points, or the major improvements? My list would look something like:

• Stronger 2200 watt motor
  • More portable and compact shell design
  • Better trolley handle (on a KS this is both a trolley handle and a handle)
  • Better handle (the Nikola handle is like 4 inches wide)
  • Better lift switch (the Nikola has exposed wires and it's a little weird to press)
  • Motor has silent operation (improvement)
  • There is a seat available
  • Better build quality / reliability (no glue on the Mosfets) 
Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well first quark: delayed launch, missed my holiday. 

Don’t feel bad. I’ll be gone on vacation when mine arrives. I thought about having it directly shipped to a FedEx office in Las Vegas but my wife would kill me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erk1024 said:

2 pounds lighter? 1" thinner? Nine bucks cheaper, okay, so you can buy an extra coffee at Starbucks. I think what's going to determine if this is a great wheel or not is how it feels to ride it. Do your feet slip off? How is the braking? Does it make that high-pitched sound. Does the 2200 watt motor help? How fast is the acceleration? etc. @Kuji Rolls gave it thumbs up, so let's hope the production version is an awesome ride.

yes, absolutely nothing else matters if the feel of the ride is not as good.. everyone says the nikola is very nippy for its size.. besides obviously the size, that is the one negative of every wheel over 16" is that they lack the torque of smaller wheels.... if the 16X is tuned properly to be as zippy as the nikola then its gonna be a very tough competition for the nikola as it has nothing on the 16X (not including of course the 100V versions and 2100 wh 84V nikolas) also about the kingsong padding.. if you have to open the wheel for any reason that nice padding will probably get torn up and youll have to replace adhesive.. the padding hides screws, as it has on other KS wheels to a lesser extent, i personally prefer very minimal padding only where absolutely needed as its very expensive to replace the factory stuff

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, buell47 said:

....and that's not a rumor!!! Where is the 16X thread with facts?

I must say, that looks like a nice seat. Wonder if @Jason McNeil will be carrying these?

5 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

One does not carry King Songs. Carrying is something you do with Gotways when the MOSFETS blow up (usually 6 miles up a trail).

😜🤣

what if you blow a fuse :P that would be tough though it would likely kick you off way before

• Like 1