KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 hours ago, Adel said:

This is exactly the kind of reassuring information (wherever its source) that Kingsong should be publishing far and wide to keep potential shoppers from bailing out on the KS16X. 

To make it clear...there is Nothing to hide! As i have said KS wants todo the 16X as best as possible.

You will not find any Point on this list, that i havent discussed here lately or in the past….nonetheless it makes no sense to publish documents that are just short notes for Special receivers and not everyone knows the Background of These feedback. very often in These english lists there are parts where you have to ask back, because in Translation from engineer to only english speaking Person in KS who made this list something has gone wrong…. and so would only confuse or be wronginformation.

When Kuji Rolls did his first video with the 16X prototype, there was high density side LED lights. And now the preproduction has low density LED lights.  Now kingsong is making last minute changes, will they bring back the high density LED? I don’t  particularly like the preproduction lights, they look a little outdated compared to the Nikola. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think it would have been cool if KS used the front side "vents" for front wide low range white headlight. And had the long/mid range headlight where the headlight is now. 

Then using a red high placed break and rear red light. While using rear side vents for red road area possition/night highlight. 

But I am sure it will be great model despite not having my light wish. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think it would have been cool if KS used the front side "vents" for front wide low range white headlight. And had the long/mid range headlight where the headlight is now. 

Then using a red high placed break and rear red light. While using rear side vents for red road area possition/night highlight. 

But I am sure it will be great model despite not having my light wish. 

Hmm maybe on 3rd batch :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, Daniel-Son said:

When Kuji Rolls did his first video with the 16X prototype, there was high density side LED lights. And now the preproduction has low density LED lights.  Now kingsong is making last minute changes, will they bring back the high density LED? I don’t  particularly like the preproduction lights, they look a little outdated compared to the Nikola. 

I prefer the lights now compared to the ones seen in the first kuji rolls 16X video. That one just looks aweful, like a shoddy diy job. The latest design looks cleaner and more presentable. 

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have not seen any yet posting this. My apologies if I missed it and double post it. 

Interesting that he also complained about the flat pedals, and it looked like their wheel had even worse vibration issues. You have to wonder why KingSong didn't wait a little bit more so they could have sent better wheels out for pre-reviews :confused1:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

So have anyone heard anything more if KS have decided to make the seat or not, and if not how likely is it we will see 3party options for this? @Jason McNeil or @US69

I got an update on eta on my wheel as in early August (Europe) but no other major details that have not already been discussed here at forum earlier.

But apparently the high speed rocking back and forth should now have been fix, it should not be a motor issue but firmware related, plus ture change should provide better tide comfort. 

Edited by Unventor

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So have anyone heard anything more if KS have decided to make the seat or not, and if not how likely is it we will see 3party options for this? @Jason McNeil or @US69

I got an update on eta on my wheel as in early August (Europe) but no other major details that have not already been discussed here at forum earlier.

But apparently the high speed rocking back and forth should now have been fix, it should not be a motor issue but firmware related, plus ture change should provide better tide comfort. 

Has KingSong ever made a seat for their diagonal trolley handles? I wouldn't hold your breath. And historically seats have only been made for 18-inch and larger wheels. 

49 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well if you look back you will see it has been on the table and that both @Jason McNeil and @US69 have been pushing for it to happen.

Since KS16X has a different inner structure it could support this, where KS18L/XL didn't have the ability to transfer stress on top of case in the same way. The height of KS16X and KS18L/XL is the same which is about the same as MSX I think. 

Why I would like to have a seat? Because it is something I don't have yet and with the extra range it would make it possible for me with my bad knees to rest them a little on longer rides. 

idk its already teetering on the edge of an 18" classification, some websites even call it that.. the only thing from preventing that is the size of the rim but the actual tire and the bulk of the unit are as big or larger than most 18" eucs already.. from the looks of it that shell can easily handle a seat, looks pretty bulletproof especially if youve seen it disassembled, it would be the easiest thing in the world for them to make a foam seat like the MSX i cant understand what would possibly be holding them back, like whats it cost five dollars to produce a seat that you can sell for 100 lmao cmon already.. almost as bad as gotway charging 30 USD for a mudguard worth ten cents that should have been included with every wheel.. i mean the wheel isnt as dainty and has a flush handle, not like the 18L where its understandable not to have a seat since it would be 100% on a thin telescoping handle lol

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well if you look back you will see it has been on the table and that both @Jason McNeil and @US69 have been pushing for it to happen.

Since KS16X has a different inner structure it could support this, where KS18L/XL didn't have the ability to transfer stress on top of case in the same way. The height of KS16X and KS18L/XL is the same which is about the same as MSX I think. 

Why I would like to have a seat? Because it is something I don't have yet and with the extra range it would make it possible for me with my bad knees to rest them a little on longer rides. 

I remember someone dislike the power button on the front panel, instead of near the handle. I'm thinking if you are planning on having a seat, you would design it where you wouldn't be sitting on it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

I remember someone dislike the power button on the front panel, instead of near the handle. I'm thinking if you are planning on having a seat, you would design it where you wouldn't be sitting on it.

On some of the first rendered pictures, they had a display under the handle. It didn't make it to a live model. But might be why they also placed power button where it is. 11q1n8l.jpeg

Some of the early ideas are still there, but this is how it is with concept car design too. 

• Like 1

A quick question.... 

Is there anyone that have see the disign of out to take off the out shell of the KS16X? 

The hole point to this is how many pieces it consists of and how many parts to paint. 

44 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hmm I think the carbon was a mistake. Matte black would have looked better.

But the real culprit is the structure/pattern of the soft side pads. It ruins the entire look of an otherwise decent looking wheel:cry2: The 16X would look much better with better side pads.

I have to agree with you there, probably only looks great when you first pull it out of the box. Faux carbon looks bad once you get your first scuff on it.  I wouldn't be surprised if there would be matte black shells available for purchase in the future.

Edited by HarpMudd
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But the real culprit is the structure/pattern of the soft side pads. It ruins the entire look of an otherwise decent looking wheel:cry2: The 16X would look much better with better side pads.

Yeah I think those makes it look like a beetle

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Yeah I think those makes it look like a beetle

It just looks old and worn and crappy. Or maybe melted. Like something was on there and this is the residue after it was pulled off.

Hope it looks better in reality or gets replaced with something else.

• Upvote 1