KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

24 minutes ago, Tom D said:

Quick question...Understand the quick chargers will come later, but is the 16X shipped with a regular charger?  If so, is it the standard KS charger e.g., the same that works with the 16S?

I doubt it if I recall correctly KS16s is 67V and different connector. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Going to look at the video, rest a bit and try to figure it out.  It's probably me (hopefully). 

You probably know this already, but wobbles are 98% and rider issue. Very few hw cases causing it. Like you say tired or just need some time with a new wheel to get accustom to it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Now that being said, here's a caution - I can't tell if I'm just tire / dehydrated or not, but I kept getting speed wobbles when I accelerated hard or breaked hard at the higher speeds (greater than say 15 mph).   Going to look at the video, rest a bit and try to figure it out.  It's probably me (hopefully). 

Ugh....I was hoping the wobble issue was fixed with the latest firmware update. Does the wheel wobble at a normal acceleration rate? 

14 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

I’m curious, how did you get yours today? I’m in Orlando and you’re in Tampa, mines arrive on Thursday. 

$

Hey so will the KS18XL fast charger with with the 16X?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Ugh....I was hoping the wobble issue was fixed with the latest firmware update. Does the wheel wobble at a normal acceleration rate? 

Well speed wobbles is one thing oscillation is something else. The oscillation issue @eddiemoy reported amongst others show be fixed according to @US69 but we see what other report on this.

As for tyre pressure @UniVehjemade a nice spreadsheet to input ture size and rider weight to get an idea of where to start with tyre pressure like if you get a new different wheel from what you had before. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

I’m curious, how did you get yours today? I’m in Orlando and you’re in Tampa, mines arrive on Thursday. 

There was an expensive overnight option. That is the only way I can see a wheel making it from Ca to Fl that quick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patton250 said:

$

Hey so will the KS18XL fast charger with with the 16X?

Depending on charger, but probably yes. 

I ordered a "fast smart charger" from an EU dealer that works for both KS16X and KS18L and KS18XL. Charging 300w building charge doctor feature. 

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Well speed wobbles is one thing oscillation is something else. The oscillation issue @eddiemoy reported amongst others show be fixed according to @US69 but we see what other report on this.

As for tyre pressure @UniVehjemade a nice spreadsheet to input ture size and rider weight to get an idea of where to start with tyre pressure like if you get a new different wheel from what you had before. 

Thanks! Tire pressures are so unique to each person and their riding styles. I’m sure when our wheels finally arrive everything will be dialed in so we’ll just need to ‘plug and play’.

Sorry for all the posts 😞 

Just trying to help out new rider of KS16X, and passing time until my wheel is in. And I hope to be better prepared for the unboxing myself. 

Sadly I have probably weeks before I get the smell of new tyre in my hallway 😢

Now one thing I have yet to see any comments on is how the shape of the wheel case feels and the sidepads.

Also there were a lot of haye/love about the carbon styling, but now in real life how does actually work/look?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I have gone 28 mph on mine and it doesn’t wobble. 

Nice!!!  :cheers: You must be the only one in the east to have received the production16X. I should have taken the Lear jet to Ca to pick mine up. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice!!!  :cheers: You must be the only one in the east to have received the production16X. I should have taken the Lear jet to Ca to pick mine up. ;)

Man you are loaded.. Just see you flying around like... 

image.jpg

The KS16X transport force 😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Next day air.  :)

I didn't realize the shipping options applied - figured our $175 airdrop fee was the fastest express method already.

Since I selected ground, guess this means I'm getting my wheel in 5-10 days?

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

No wobbles for me unless I'm hard breaking or hard accelerating at higher speeds.

I got a note that Kuji also got wobbles when pushing hard.  It appears this may still be a thing (though I'm sure it is also partly me).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, magicrobots said:

Has anybody had an issue where the app says the wheel has 100% battery whenever you boot up regardless of what the true battery level is? I'm having this problem with my KS16X. Thought I had 96%, went on a big ride, it died.

So now I'm charging it up with the included stock charger (2.5A?) and there are no lights on the physical wheel indicating what the actual charge level is.  Do I just have to wing it?

Thanks for your help!

Oh, and for those who are curious about the side pads, the one at the top center is a nice soft foam, and the ones on the bottom front/back look the same but are firmer plastic. Here's an image of me pushing with the same amount of force on each section to give you an idea.

Adam

IMG_2431.jpg

how about the voltage in the app, does it display correctly? you could roughly translate that to a battery level.. im sure there will be a firmware update very soon correcting this so the battery level always displays correctly.. youre using the official newest kingsong app yea?

Just now, Mike Paolini said:

The lights while it is on will idle at the battery level, 

I read that but when plugged in my lights don't illuminate. Is that normal? I can connect with the app, but of course can't monitor the level.

Hehehehe I guess I'll have to unplug, power up, check, and plug back in.:lol:

1 minute ago, magicrobots said:

I read that but when plugged in my lights don't illuminate. Is that normal? I can connect with the app, but of course can't monitor the level.

Hehehehe I guess I'll have to unplug, power up, check, and plug back in.:lol:

the lights should illuminate when you turn it on while charging.... they dont even when its on, just blank? im sure there will be new firmware any day there always are bugs on release