KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

9 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

KS16X is in.  Took it for a 4 mile ride, very nice except for one thing.   THE DAMN ALARMS.  The beeps start at 14.5 mph, shortly followed by tilt back, and I'm locked out of the speed setting to adjust them till I break 200km. 

I can't say this strongly enough - FUCK YOU KING SONG, I don't need the baby sitting, and 120 miles at 14 mph is going to be painful to this advanced rider.  (At least they let me turn the voice off).

(Does anybody know how to get into the Alarm settings and adjust this prior to unlocking?) 

IMG_3805.jpg.thumb.jpg.8309e5b43fd2c791c53c62552a8bdce4.jpg

Most newer Kingsong (18L/XL) can unlock 40kmh after 10 or 5km.

Are sure you can't raise this after this limit? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

KS16X is in.  Took it for a 4 mile ride, very nice except for one thing.   THE DAMN ALARMS.  The beeps start at 14.5 mph, shortly followed by tilt back, and I'm locked out of the speed setting to adjust them till I break 200km. 

I can't say this strongly enough - FUCK YOU KING SONG, I don't need the baby sitting, and 120 miles at 14 mph is going to be painful to this advanced rider.  (At least they let me turn the voice off).

(Does anybody know how to get into the Alarm settings and adjust this prior to unlocking?) 

IMG_3805.jpg.thumb.jpg.8309e5b43fd2c791c53c62552a8bdce4.jpg

I agree. Mine tilts back at 10 mph. I’m not going to ride this stupid thing until I can turn that off.  Really can’t figure that out. In the past DarknessBot fixed that 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Guys, any word on the fast charger?  I assume Jason didn't open the boxes and stuff it in.

I believe it said on the webpage the fast charger would be a few weeks and shipped after.

Edited by Mike Paolini
remove photo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Most newer Kingsong (18L/XL) can unlock 40kmh after 10 or 5km.

Are sure you can't raise this after this limit? 

No way I could find, I guess I can get back on and give it another 6 miles to see if something happens.   

1 minute ago, Mike Paolini said:

No way I could find, I guess I can get back on and give it another 6 miles to see if something happens.   

You might need the KS app to do this. If you read the manual it might state the unlocks for different speeds. 

And yes when I did this a year back I did it wrong too... Need to se up highest speed as the last in the KS app and the go down from there. Screenshot_20190307-084628_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.318ff469a5cf2d369777722daa81dfff.jpg

16 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

4 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I agree. Mine tilts back at 10 mph. I’m not going to ride this stupid thing until I can turn that off.  Really can’t figure that out. In the past DarknessBot fixed that 

This is disappointing guys! Hopefully @Jason McNeil can shed some light on disabling the child proof speed limitations. 

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You might need the KS app to do this. If you read the manual it might state the unlocks for different speeds. 

And yes when I did this a year back I did it wrong too... Need to se up highest speed as the last in the KS app and the go down from there. Screenshot_20190307-084628_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.318ff469a5cf2d369777722daa81dfff.jpg

I'm using the King Song App - the problem is I'm locked out of the Speed Setting Page right now (it won't open as the other setting do), I assume because I haven't done the 100 KM unlock.  That's why I'm PISSED OFF at them.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wow that thing is bulky!

It reminds me of the (your) ACM. I love that wide,  well grounded stance. Isn’t the Nikola 1” wider? 

17 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I agree. Mine tilts back at 10 mph.

I think you guys definitely should try the official KingSong app. I haven't had any problems with it really. You should be able to set the all the alarms and the tiltback up to 25mph. At least that's how it was with the 18xl. And yeah, you have to set alarm1 < alarm2 < alarm3 < tiltback. Or you can turn some of the alarms completely off, if memory serves, by setting them to zero. 

There may have been a speed limit for the first few miles? I don't know, my 18xl was completely unlocked from day one. (I don't know how that happened.)

Edited by erk1024

3 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

I'm using the King Song App - the problem is I'm locked out of the Speed Setting Page right now (it won't open as the other setting do), I assume because I haven't done the 100 KM unlock.  That's why I'm PISSED OFF at them.

I actually got the code by giving them my cell phone number on the new KS app. I am able to go into the parameters but it still won’t let me change them. This sucks 

3 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

That is not how it used to work. I think this have to be app don't understand the wheel. Is it possible to do a firmware update? (don't do it just yet only check for it) 

1 minute ago, Patton250 said:

I actually got the code by giving them my cell phone number on the new KS app. I am able to go into the parameters but it still won’t let me change them. This sucks 

How far does the app report you have ridden yet? 

The petals feel fantastic. I’m going to go put it away now because I’m not going to drive 250 miles on this stupid thing at 12 mph in tilt back. When someone figures out how to let us put it in grown-up mode let me know please. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I'm so glad I'm not an early adopter.

Mine doesn't arrive until Tuesday! ;)

Well it is the same story every time. Especially if you never done it before. In most cases it is actually so simple it hurts, and that is why it is so easy to get it wrong. Happed to many on KS18L and repeated again on KS18XL. 

Just now, Patton250 said:

The petals feel fantastic. I’m going to go put it away now because I’m not going to drive 250 miles on this stupid thing at 12 mph in tilt back. When someone figures out how to let us put it in grown-up mode let me know please. 

You are not reading my replies here.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Well at least take some more pics or do a little vid of the lights etc 😁

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well it is the same story every time. Especially if you never done it before. In most cases it is actually so simple it hurts, and that is why it is so easy to get it wrong. Happed to many on KS18L and repeated again on KS18XL. 

You are not reading my replies here.... 

Of course I am I’ve done all that. It’s not working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Okay, here's a video of the App in action to answer all the what if questions:  

Yep. That looks broken. More teething issues... bummer. Hope it gets sorted out soon!

It will be my turn in a couple weeks with the Monster V3!  ;) 

Edited by erk1024

10 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Okay, here's a video of the App in action to answer all the what if questions:  

It seems broken at first hand... 

Now I can't do the thing here at my end, so please I am trying to help out the best way I can without details yet from KS and my own wheel as guinea-pig. 

I would try to turn off wheel first then close app and any other wheel apps on your phone. Deactivate Wi-Fi on you phone for now. 

Then turn back on the wheel, open KS app make sure you logged you in/signed in. 

Check speed settings menu again? Works, fine. If not... 

Ride 4mil more then do as above. On your video it said 3.xx mil. That is close to a 5km limit, but I don't recall if this was 10km. 

• Like 1