KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I acturly think it doesn't look that bad, but real life might be different. end of the day looks is less important to ride sensation and performance.

One thing about looks though, happy it isn't glossy, as that is so impractical. I might however look into getiing cover painted in metallic red. We shall see.

I would like to get it in red metalic, but my summer budget tells me to wait I am affraid. Also get the bare rim painted too. I might change my mind once I get my unit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I acturly think it doesn't look that bad, but real life might be different. end of the day looks is less important to ride sensation and performance.

One thing about looks though, happy it isn't glossy, as that is so impractical. I might however look into getiing cover painted in metallic red. We shall see.

I would like to get it in red metalic, but my summer budget tells me to wait I am affraid. Also get the bare rim painted too. I might change my mind once I get my unit.

Wouldn't this be kind of moot point if you'll be getting a bodyguard from @The Fat Unicyclist?
As you'll not see the carbonfiber finish, or any body finish.

Now, if we could just get him to do metallic finish :w00t2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

But seriously, there are a number of things happening with the EUC Bodyguard just now - perhaps some new models, maybe new materials

I would love to see some neon or/and reflective Bodyguards. Heaven knows the 16X will need it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wheelr said:

I would love to see some neon or/and reflective Bodyguards. Heaven knows the 16X will need it

:barf: i mean.... safety first! :D

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Olav said:

Wouldn't this be kind of moot point if you'll be getting a bodyguard from @The Fat Unicyclist?
As you'll not see the carbonfiber finish, or any body finish.

Now, if we could just get him to do metallic finish :w00t2:

Fair point, but I don't dislike the carbon look as such. It is to get a red mettalic finish. Like this

2018-mazda-cx-5-rear-5ab1ff7c81a52.jpg

And not covering lights.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wheelr said:

lol Have some faith in @The Fat Unicyclist 's discretion, neon and reflectives can be done tastefully.

Thanks @wheelr...

The biggest problem with lighter / brighter colours is that they show up the dirt VERY quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:36 AM, Rywokast said:

idk its already teetering on the edge of an 18" classification, some websites even call it that.. the only thing from preventing that is the size of the rim but the actual tire and the bulk of the unit are as big or larger than most 18" eucs already..

Is there somewhere we can see a list of wheel circumferences? It doesn't really matter if a wheel is called 14/16/17/18/... what matters for riding is the actual circumference of the tire, since that will determine how well it will take road imperfections. How much smaller is this wheel compared to let's say a Z10 or an MSX, in outer circumference?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Is there somewhere we can see a list of wheel circumferences? It doesn't really matter if a wheel is called 14/16/17/18/... what matters for riding is the actual circumference of the tire, since that will determine how well it will take road imperfections. How much smaller is this wheel compared to let's say a Z10 or an MSX, in outer circumference?

Yes! I almost started a thread about this 2 days ago. We need a listing of the actual tire diameters for every type of tire size.

Maybe we can add it here:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@The Fat Unicyclist

On 7/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ah, you would be talking about our EUC BodyArmour - it is made from titanium plates riveted onto leather gussets!   ;)

But seriously, there are a number of things happening with the EUC Bodyguard just now - perhaps some new models, maybe new materials, possibly even customisation.

Perhaps I should post something in the advertising section...

Color me interested for the KS16x - I'd like to see what you come up with and perhaps order one for shipping to Texas :)

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Unventor said:

On some of the first rendered pictures, they had a display under the handle. It didn't make it to a live model. But might be why they also placed power button where it is. 11q1n8l.jpeg

Some of the early ideas are still there, but this is how it is with concept car design too. 

I would highly appreciate, if KS update final product with battery level indicator, under the handle... PLEASE! Learn something cool thing from Inmotion....i hope it is not too late.  :)

6 hours ago, tieborg said:

I would highly appreciate, if KS update final product with battery level indicator, under the handle... PLEASE! Learn something cool thing from Inmotion....i hope it is not too late.  :)

That is too late for now. 1st batch is already in production. 

7 minutes ago, tieborg said:

Hmmm.... then I have to wait this features. Maybe in KS16X+ or pro version 🙂

I doubt it since their battery indicators are in the side LEDs it would probably seem redundant and like a waste of money to them, even though yes it is more handy to be able to look down while riding and see,, but putting one in a telescoping trolley handle would be tricky, on the front like inmotion would make a lot more sense especially since trolley handles are the most common component to break lol

6 minutes ago, tieborg said:

Hmmm.... then I have to wait this features. Maybe in KS16X+ or pro version 🙂

KS should find  a smart wearable or magnetic accessory out, which show battery level and connect to unicycle via Bluetooth,automatically. Smart phone is not so practical for this function

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tieborg said:

KS should find  a smart wearable or magnetic accessory out, which show battery level and connect to unicycle via Bluetooth,automatically. Smart phone is not so practical for this function

That's why i love my Pebble watch so i can see the battery level😊

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, tieborg said:

I think you mean an Apple iWatch.  It would be really nice if their software forwarded to the iWatch, Future Motion does it for their OneWheel skateboards.   Darknessbot does it as well.  

A question about charging KS16X. @US69 are you able to get Kingsong to confirm that a 5A charger (300w) is "safe" to use with a KS16X, as in it is designed to handle this?

I seen a lot of debate on this on a Russian forum. @EcoDrift seem to strongly recommend not to do this. However @Jason McNeil provide 5A charges to pre-order buyers. I understand there is a risk by going higher amps when charging, but I already have 2 original KS18L chargers 1,5A (130w). Also 1radWerkstatt make high powered charges.

Earlier I have seen @tinawong stating 10A pr port were "safe" but might deplete battery charging cycles if going above 5A pr port, though this was on the KS18L/XL. I would expect the KS16X not to be inferior to the KS18L/XL in this regard. 

Basically I ordered this https://eunicycles.eu/en/chargers/85-smart-charger-300w-84v-for-ks-18l.html as it seems to have "charge doctor option"build-in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

A question about charging KS16X. @US69 are you able to get Kingsong to confirm that a 5A charger (300w) is "safe" to use with a KS16X, as in it is designed to handle this?

I seen a lot of debate on this on a Russian forum. @EcoDrift seem to strongly recommend not to do this. However @Jason McNeil provide 5A charges to pre-order buyers. I understand there is a risk by going higher amps when charging, but I already have 2 original KS18L chargers 1,5A (130w). Also 1radWerkstatt make high powered charges.

Earlier I have seen @tinawong stating 10A pr port were "safe" but might deplete battery charging cycles if going above 5A pr port, though this was on the KS18L/XL. I would expect the KS16X not to be inferior to the KS18L/XL in this regard. 

Basically I ordered this https://eunicycles.eu/en/chargers/85-smart-charger-300w-84v-for-ks-18l.html as it seems to have "charge doctor option"build-in. 

Haven’t this topic been settled? 

5A is no issue, even 10A isn’t fast charging  . It is safe for your batteries 

the only thing of concern is whether the wire can take 10amps of current without burning.

Along with memory effect of Nickel cadmium batteries, or having to charge a battery full first the first time you receive a product, people still are so worried about “fast charging”.

5A is NOT fast charging  

Edited by Garrie Lim
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

^^ this.. its no problems whatsoever of course the 16X can do 5A charging, you know how much money they would lose from including a charger that would blow up something in your wheel lol.. i wouldnt personally put 10A through the thin wiring, especially from 0-100% that might get too hot, but even that SHOULDNT be a problem

• Like 1

@Garrie Lim and @Rywokast the reason I ask is not according to batteries, it ts about control board and bms. On the Russian forum they say they had issues with these getting burned or component on these at least, that is why they strongly advise against 5A chargers or higher.

I rather ask than be sorry afterwards...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Garrie Lim and @Rywokast the reason I ask is not according to batteries, it ts about control board and bms. On the Russian forum they say they had issues with these getting burned or component on these at least, that is why they strongly advise against 5A chargers or higher.

I rather ask than be sorry afterwards...

really??? wtf, i hadnt heard of that.. never been on the russian forum, im thinking if thats the case thats probably some sort of pre production issue.. i mean the thing has two charge ports, surely they would have tested for at least 5A?? 18XL ive heard of 10A being used.. hard to believe they would put out something over a year later that that would burn up at 5.. the 14 and 16 also have no issues.. possible to link to the forum post?

Edited by Rywokast