KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

30 minutes ago, Genghis said:

@DragonFZ OK, I'm slowly catching up to you now.  I went back out to a small deserted parking lot near my place and tried practicing again.  It started out similar to Day 1, hop on, lose control after only a few feet, jump off, and try to catch the wheel before it eats more pavement.  The parking lot is basically a small rectangular loop, with a slight incline/decline on the long  path.  So I decided to see if using gravity would help me get started going on the slight decline.  I could not control it at all.  I was really just all over the place.  A few feet here, a few yards there, but never with control.  Really just letting the wheel take me where it wanted to go before I had to jump off.  So I decided to try the opposite and go up the slight incline, maybe fighting gravity would help with the control.  It was a little harder getting started, but I was able to go a little bit further and felt like I had a little bit more control, but usually having to jump off when I would eventually lose control.  So doing this over and over, up and down the same straight path with little victories.  Eventually I attempted to turn at the end of the path, with marginal success.  Before this gets too long, I eventually was able to do the loop.  The ugliest damn loops you've ever seen.  Did about 20-30 loops with a few starts and stops along the way.  By the end, I was feeling more comfortable, but I still have marginal control of the wheel.  For now I still wouldn't ride around any other cars or pedestrians.  Not too bad for Day 2.  Me: weight about 162 lbs.  Tire pressure about 24 psi.  Legs pinching the wheel the entire time.  App says about 6.5 miles, but I'm not sure if that's accurate, doesn't feel like I've gone 6.5 miles.  Anyhow, it was a successful evening.  I hope your progress is going well also.

Dude! Have you heard of paragraphs?

Anyway, I did read that and it sounds like you're making excellent progress. It was some time before I felt slightly comfortable to ride in traffic. There's no need to rush that.

I believe the wheels show a few miles on the "odometer" when shipped, so don't the that 6.5 miles literally.

8 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Sorry.  Fixed it just now.  I was just typing my stream of thought.  I know if I didn't write something now, while still fresh, I wouldn't write anything later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon Stern said:
2 hours ago, Genghis said:

@DragonFZ OK, I'm slowly catching up to you now.  I went back out to a small deserted parking lot near my place and tried practicing again.  It started out similar to Day 1, hop on, lose control after only a few feet, jump off, and try to catch the wheel before it eats more pavement.  The parking lot is basically a small rectangular loop, with a slight incline/decline on the long  path.  So I decided to see if using gravity would help me get started going on the slight decline.  I could not control it at all.  I was really just all over the place.  A few feet here, a few yards there, but never with control.  Really just letting the wheel take me where it wanted to go before I had to jump off.  So I decided to try the opposite and go up the slight incline, maybe fighting gravity would help with the control.  It was a little harder getting started, but I was able to go a little bit further and felt like I had a little bit more control, but usually having to jump off when I would eventually lose control.  So doing this over and over, up and down the same straight path with little victories.  Eventually I attempted to turn at the end of the path, with marginal success.  Before this gets too long, I eventually was able to do the loop.  The ugliest damn loops you've ever seen.  Did about 20-30 loops with a few starts and stops along the way.  By the end, I was feeling more comfortable, but I still have marginal control of the wheel.  For now I still wouldn't ride around any other cars or pedestrians.  Not too bad for Day 2.  Me: weight about 162 lbs.  Tire pressure about 24 psi.  Legs pinching the wheel the entire time.  App says about 6.5 miles, but I'm not sure if that's accurate, doesn't feel like I've gone 6.5 miles.  Anyhow, it was a successful evening.  I hope your progress is going well also.

Anyway, I did read that and it sounds like you're making excellent progress. It was some time before I felt slightly comfortable to ride in traffic. There's no need to rush that.

I believe the wheels show a few miles on the "odometer" when shipped, so don't the that 6.5 miles literally.

:efee612b4b::efee612b4b::efee612b4b:

I'm the opposite. Outlook tells me every time that it has removed unnecessary line breaks. :roflmao:

Yesterday when I was riding my 16X I transitioned from asphalt to a narrow dirt path with curved sides. Every time I hit the sides the wheel would wander as it wants to stay perpendicular. So it started swinging left and right and I flowed along with it and started laughing. A few moments later I hit a rock which deflected the whole wheel (and me) 1cm to the right. Later in the evening I rode with my wife and ran into some funky leaning asphalt with cracks in it and the 16X tilted along on the lean while also trying to follow the cracks.

I have had my 16X for one week now / 495km. Half with 30 PSI and now the other half with ~24 PSI. My riding weight is 68 kg /150 lbs.

The first time I tried riding the 16X on asphalt I almost had a heart attack. I was stuck somewhere between fear and anxiety. I was able to resolve it by squeezing the wheel. Squeezing the wheel was not the solution though as the ergonomics of the wheel and my body shape don't favour that position. So I learned to ride without squeezing and instead with my legs slightly grazing the sides while riding. I learned motorcycle leaning by hooking with one leg and then unlearned it and do my turning now just with my feet and legs. The 16X resists being turned by leaning the top of the wheel and turns better by shifting weight on the pedals.

Take your time and play with the cracks and the irregularities on the paths. See the behaviour as a feature rather than a bug. I'm sure it will grow on you with time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Take your time and play with the cracks and the irregularities on the paths. See the behaviour as a feature rather than a bug. I'm sure it will grow on you with time.

Thanks.  I will definitely be taking my time trying to learn this thing.  No rush.  From reading other people's thoughts, it's probably a good thing that I do not have any prior EUC experience.  This way I do not have the, "but the 16x doesn't do x, y, z like my other wheel."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The first time I tried riding the 16X on asphalt I almost had a heart attack. I was stuck somewhere between fear and anxiety.

When I think of asphalt I think of a nice smooth paved bike path or road which I would think is optimal for riding. At least that is how they are around me in Seattle, WA.  What kind of asphalt are you running into?

18 minutes ago, prasket said:

When I think of asphalt I think of a nice smooth paved bike path or road which I would think is optimal for riding. At least that is how they are around me in Seattle, WA.  What kind of asphalt are you running into?

I can tell you this much... it wasn't smooth.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, Genghis said:

@DragonFZ OK, I'm slowly catching up to you now.  I went back out to a small deserted parking lot near my place and tried practicing again.  It started out similar to Day 1, hop on, lose control after only a few feet, jump off, and try to catch the wheel before it eats more pavement. 

The parking lot is basically a small rectangular loop, with a slight incline/decline on the long  path.  So I decided to see if using gravity would help me get started going on the slight decline.  I could not control it at all.  I was really just all over the place.  A few feet here, a few yards there, but never with control.  Really just letting the wheel take me where it wanted to go before I had to jump off.  So I decided to try the opposite and go up the slight incline, maybe fighting gravity would help with the control.  It was a little harder getting started, but I was able to go a little bit further and felt like I had a little bit more control, but usually having to jump off when I would eventually lose control.  So doing this over and over, up and down the same straight path with little victories. 

Eventually I attempted to turn at the end of the path, with marginal success.  Before this gets too long, I eventually was able to do the loop.  The ugliest damn loops you've ever seen.  Did about 20-30 loops with a few starts and stops along the way.  By the end, I was feeling more comfortable, but I still have marginal control of the wheel.  For now I still wouldn't ride around any other cars or pedestrians.  Not too bad for Day 2. 

Me: weight about 162 lbs.  Tire pressure about 24 psi.  Legs pinching the wheel the entire time.  App says about 6.5 miles, but I'm not sure if that's accurate, doesn't feel like I've gone 6.5 miles.  Anyhow, it was a successful evening.  I hope your progress is going well also.

Good Job!!! Putting time into it is the only way.

I'm 195 lbs... Didn't check tire pressure. So, I'm good at the hallway, going forwards and backwards. I'm also good at going from hallway to kitchen to living room and back to hallway... BUT it's all left turns. Practice right turns yesterday and today. Once I get my right turns... I'll be practicing getting ON without the walls. BTW, I'm in Texas... it is freaking 100 degrees during the day and only dropped down to 85 degrees at 2 AM. I'm not going outside anytime soon.

What do you think of that?

74V are at 50% battery!!! That means the way back will be very very long. :eff04a58a6: 

Firmware Update 1.0.6

1. Add turning light function

2. Automatically adjust between high beam and low beam, including brightness

3. Can click power button to switch high beam or low beam

4. Add auto power off function, default 120 minutes(this function will be not activated during riding or playing music status)

5. Fan activated when controller temperature reach 45 centigrade with 50% power, 100% power when exceed 65 centigrade

6. Fix the bug that some voice report is still working when close voice speak switch

7. Add output power alarm, it will beep 4 times when over 88%

8. Low Voltage Speed Limit will be activated when the battery voltage is less than 74V, min speed limit 25km/h

9. Fix forward/backward shaking problems of some wheels

Then I can keep my Inmotion V8 with the 800 Watt motor. If the battery capacity exceeds 50 %, I'll be just as fast with it. :furious:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

I'm wondering if this is the random pedal tilt, or something else.

A new controller board is arriving at home today (I'm not there as I'm trying to get to LA - hopefully my replacement Alaska flight isn't canceled like the last one that I sat on for 2+ hours). I would prefer to not have to install it.

Slowly I think there is something wrong with the 16X (easy overlean, tilting, wobbling) and nobody has a plan what it is. To save us at least some physical suffering, a simple solution now comes in the form of an extreme throttling from 50% battery capacity to a phenomenal 25 km/h. :eff04a58a6: :furious:

Effectively it is then actually also rather an EUC with 1000 Wh battery. 

Edited by buell47

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Slowly I think there is something wrong with the 16X (easy overlean, tilting, wobbling) and nobody has a plan what it is. To save us at least some physical suffering, a simple solution now comes in the form of an extreme throttling from 50% battery capacity to a phenomenal 25 km/h. :eff04a58a6: :furious:

Effectively it is then actually also rather an EUC with 1000 Wh battery. 

I've had no issues going 45 kmh at 22% battery. Besides pedal dipping becoming much easier at low battery of course.

The KS16X does ease you into 35 kmh. You can read about that effect in my wheelogs.

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

What do you think of that?

74V are at 50% battery!!! That means the way back will be very very long. :eff04a58a6: 

Firmware Update 1.0.6

1. Add turning light function

2. Automatically adjust between high beam and low beam, including brightness

3. Can click power button to switch high beam or low beam

4. Add auto power off function, default 120 minutes(this function will be not activated during riding or playing music status)

5. Fan activated when controller temperature reach 45 centigrade with 50% power, 100% power when exceed 65 centigrade

6. Fix the bug that some voice report is still working when close voice speak switch

7. Add output power alarm, it will beep 4 times when over 88%

8. Low Voltage Speed Limit will be activated when the battery voltage is less than 74V, min speed limit 25km/h

Then I can keep my Inmotion V8 with the 800 Watt motor. If the battery capacity exceeds 50 %, I'll be just as fast with it. :furious:

It fixed number 9 for me 

• Like 2

That’s not how it works. The top speed limit will decrease incrementally. Meaning that at 49% battery the top speed will be about 49km/h, 40% = ~41km/h, 30% = ~33km/h, 15% and below = 25km/h.

Of course the actual decrease curve may differ, but that’s how it has worked so far on KingSongs, and at least on the 16S the reduction was linear.

• Like 3

Just came home from work and my wheel is on 72V, the speed limit is still 50kmh.

FB890AE4-CCCB-4F03-9F36-60DBB5EA976A.thumb.jpeg.c8104b3fddc3b4b05f6416ebbcc4c5fb.jpeg

Defenetly wont do a FW Update to 1.06. 

Really don’t understand why they want it to be throttling that early, the XL starts at 25% or no.

Edited by RoadRunner
  • Like 2

The real question we should be asking is why Kingsong released the update quietly, an approach very different from their previous firmware updates. 

Throttling of speed at certain percentages or voltages could mean something serious with software or the whole system.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

https://www.kingsong.com/show-28-38.html?sfns=mo

KS16XL????

Guess we don’t need sex when we have Kingsong to f*ck us all the time....

LOL. Is this a typo? They don't seem to show battery life on it. At least when im looking on mobile. And when I press download it shows the sheet for the X. 

6 minutes ago, seage said:

LOL. Is this a typo? They don't seem to show battery life on it. At least when im looking on mobile. And when I press download it shows the sheet for the X. 

I sure hope so. Under point #1 they still write the model as 16X. So hopefully it’s just a typo in the title. 

9 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I sure hope so. Under point #1 they still write the model as 16X. So hopefully it’s just a typo in the title. 

I just compared the website description with my 16X manual. It’s exactly the same. 

So most likely it’s an error in the title(as point 1 still states “KS16X”)

2 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

KS16XL????

Lol... Butt sore much?

That is a clear typo, but it will most likely happen eventually. Just as it did with the 18XL. And just as Gotway is doing pretty much every single month. Nothing new, surprising, or bum related in releasing new models.

2 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

KS16XL????

OMG yes! I'm so ready to pre-order, airdrop and overnight the 16XL right now.

The 16X platform is too comfortable, and I find myself cruising near max speed, and bam, I've run out of juice in less than 3 hours.

The 16XL with 150 mile range is a full day of leisurely riding! Double the range for only $300 more?! Sign me up!!!

Edited by chrisjunlee