THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hard to say if grip was the issue.  Did your feet lifted off the pedals as you exited the holes?

Just don’t add spikes to your pedals like I did. Not a pleasant outcome.

Kinetic energy played a roll but if you went down the same path again with awareness and hit the holes straight on I’m sure you would exit with a perfect 10

Well, slip and losing touch on the pedals is sort of impossible to say as things happen so fast.

From the fall I just remember: wheel beeping 1'st alarm,  hitting the hole('s), shit, get controll, get controll, wobble wobble, oh oh I'm flying. 

From the marks in the gravel it looked as I wobbled 2 times of 50-70 cm side to side for about 2-3 meters after the holes. Then coming to a stop with the wheel digging into the gravel at nearly 90 degree angle into the ground (my lift off site?)

Hard to see that in the footage, maybe the camera flew before me. Maybe the wheel kept uppright and travelled itself.

I really don't know.

I live to ride another day soon (mostly unharmed), that's the important thing ?

My wife asked me if riding is really worth this when she came home in the evening.

We all know the answer to that, don't we ?

Edited by egiljo
Grammar edit
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, egiljo said:

My wife asked me if riding is really worth this when she came home in the evening.

Trust me when I say “You got off easy!”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, egiljo said:

Thanks,

Also been thinking about grippier shoes after you pointing out the slip in the video.

Skechers are very nice shoes, but not very grippy when wet.

In the other video a page back my feet slipped there also, and I had several ones after that.

Maybe this missing grip was the reason for not being able to make the save after the 2 hole ? So the wheel turned too much to hold my kinetic forward energy?

The grip is in "how well u clean/maintain the sanding paper pedals" more than what kinda shoe u wear ;-)

Leaves that fill upp the grit get slippery as hell when remoisted + fills up the grip gap between all those tiny pieces of sand making grip...ZERO

Oh... ? shit is no good either for grip... Nor anything else like attraction :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

The grip is in "how well u clean/maintain the sanding paper pedals" more than what kinda shoe u wear ;-)

Very true. My solution: 40-grit sanding sheet. The roughest I could find. Grips phenomenally, even with leaves, even some sand. The leaves I have on there now are well punctured throughout, still very grippy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Leaves that fill upp the grit get slippery as hell when remoisted + fills up the grip gap between all those tiny pieces of sand making grip...ZERO

Oh... ? shit is no good either for grip... Nor anything else like attraction :-)

Agree about wet griptape issues, but also want to add that the platic stripes on the pedals dont help either when its wet, as they elevate the shoes a bit from the griptape giving less grip at mid shoe (also dependent of type of shoe sole)

Been thinking of going full grip tape, and as @mrelwood says going for a coarcer type.

Edited by egiljo

No wheels here, but this excellent video explains why forest scenes shot on a fast-moving wheel are such a problem for YouTube/Facebook etc., and accounts for why 4k video (with its much higher bitrate) of said scenes looks so much better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Wheel Plug said:

That's a mobile app called Relive. It is very simple you just start it before you leave and it tracks in the background. Auto pauses when you stop too ?

You can also have it work with Garmin and Strava... Add Pictures and Video... I use for road and mountain biking...

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 8:28 AM, egiljo said:

Agree about wet griptape issues, but also want to add that the platic stripes on the pedals dont help either when its wet, as they elevate the shoes a bit from the griptape giving less grip at mid shoe (also dependent of type of shoe sole)

Been thinking of going full grip tape, and as @mrelwood says going for a coarcer type.

When i switch on the Tesla (full sand, but pretty fine grit, from factory) i will try a 60grit sanding paper for metal from work, it will NEVER wear out :-) It Might wear out the sneakers fast as hell though LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Hmmmm... Gotta try that with my Tesla. My guess is the Tesla goes on without any change (except beep..beep) until battery is totaly dead and it rolls over and dies :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Hmmmm... Gotta try that with my Tesla. My guess is the Tesla goes on without any change (except beep..beep) until battery is totaly dead and it rolls over and dies :-)

At very low battery, GW wheels will tilt back. It's not just beeps.

At least that's what my ACM does.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, tymerTHEcheezGUY said:

Thunderstorms from the plains of Kansas. No audio due to the 20+ mph wind, but had a lovely view!

Beautiful! So your riding an EUC in a thunderstorm while recording with a high quality camera/gimbal combo?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Beautiful! So your riding an EUC in a thunderstorm while recording with a high quality camera/gimbal combo?

Very cool Rehab, love it.

Ain't mother nature something else at times, when I lived in the north here I used to love just watching the Auroras, on a cold  ultra clear winter night it's just something breathtaking to experience when truly on and plasma lighting up all over the sky in the most fantastic colors. I even feel sorry for the southerners who never get to experience it or just seen on TV, not even close to the same thing at all, cameras still cannot capture the full experience not even close!

But on the other hand  I am jealous you get to see some magical lighting shows, storms that drop your jaw and amazing (if watched from a safe distance at least.)

Good stuff. :)

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice 360 footage! So did you decide on the Insta360?

Yes. Seems like the best affordable solution right now. I love the post-processing workflow, but I'm using an iPad Pro. It might be a lot slower if you have lesser hardware. The desktop software sucks in comparison.

Although much lower resolution than my Sony X3000, I love the better riding perspective. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Interesting that the wheel tilts forward. On the Gotway, KingSong, and Ninebot wheels, the pedals tilt-backward.

• Like 1