THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Awesome, haven't done much snow riding, but I can't imagine it'd be super pleasant. Good luck!

It's a little unsettling at first, but once you get used to it its fine; I'd be much more nervous about some of those rocky mountain trails. Like most of us I think, the challenge of mastering a seemingly hard thing is where much of the enjoyment comes from.

Edited by winterwheel

1 hour ago, jfree13 said:

Did you talk to the late Terrance McKenna about this first?

I was really bummed on his passing. So wierd as I had been working on the video for a few days and the day the video was posted is when he died. 

9 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

Kinda reminds me of this crash I filmed 

It looks like exactly the same crash to me, including, interestingly, even the reaction of the rider as the wheel starts wobbling, i.e. arms flying up presumably in a reflex action to try and stabilize the wheel.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moltimondi said:

I am terrible at using the Insta 360 but I hope you can still enjoy

I wish I could have a nice daily commute like yours :thumbup:

Regarding the Insta360. You aren't using the phone/tablet app to edit this are you? For instance, when I process mine on an iPad, I get the Flow Optimization and the camera appears rock steady. You don't get this with the desktop app.

The Insta360 is really optimized for use with an iPad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I wish I could have a nice daily commute like yours :thumbup:

Regarding the Insta360. You aren't using the phone/tablet app to edit this are you? For instance, when I process mine on an iPad, I get the Flow Optimization and the camera appears rock steady. You don't get this with the desktop app. 

The Insta360 is really optimized for use with an iPad.

Thanks for the tip Marty, I do indeed use the PC Insta360 studio editing sw. I will try the iPad next time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kjon12 said:

@FrankFilmer What 360 cam are you using? Your footage going into Pike Place Market over the cobblestones was rock solid! I imagine you were bouncing up and down a lot while going thru there, yet I didn't see any shake at all.

I'm using a rylo 360. I like the camera but unless you have a current iPhone or an Android/ Google pixel phone you're out of luck because there's no desktop program available yet.

It's an American startup company headed up my ex Apple employees.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:46 PM, Marty Backe said:

This is essentially what happened to @Rehab1 during his injurious crash, although perhaps without the arm waving :whistling:

On 10/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, eddiemoy said:

He requested the video be taken down.  

On 10/8/2018 at 10:01 PM, Alien Rides said:

That's sad ? Both he and us could learn from it regardless of wheel or rider fault. Taking it down doesn't help anyone.

When EUC riders can view a crash and analyze the cause it benefits the entire community. I wish my accident was recorded so  others could benefit from my stupid mistake. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stephen said:

ordered with free selfie stick ??

Very interesting, looking forward to seeing what the footage look like. Does the snap in tossable accessary provide any means of protecting the lens? seems like a risky thing to throw unless the lens is easily replacable.

In keeping with the theme of the 360 videos, here's one I shot recently. Hopefully my next one will be on the z10!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

New Insta360 One X just released.  $399.  5.7K video 18MP pictures.  REMOVABLE BATTERY!  You can get a free selfie stick with this link!

https://store.insta360.com/product/one_x?insrc=INRNMCL

I have never had a 360 degree camera before.  Maybe I should get this one as my first 360 camera.  

By the way, you said that I would get a free selfie stick.  However, when I click on that link and go to the option of adding a selfie stick, the price went up to $415.95

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

13 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I have never had a 360 degree camera before.  Maybe I should get this one as my first 360 camera.  

By the way, you said that I would get a free selfie stick.  However, when I click on that link and go to the option of adding a selfie stick, the price went up to $415.95

Make sure you have a newer iPad for processing the videos. Anything else will suck.

23 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

it should be automatically be in your basket you don't need to add it...?

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Make sure you have a newer iPad for processing the videos. Anything else will suck.

i have a high powered android so hopefully that will do otherwise it's a new something else lol? it's nearly xmas though ?

• Like 1