THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I now know that 360's can't be viewed looking towards the Sun. Takes a little more forethought in the shot planning.

i really liked this video u did. course i’m partial to the z10 now. the insta 360 camera does nicely. i like hearing the wheel and the noises of the ride as opposed to music overlays, coming from the wheel would be ok.

how is the sound recorded?

i’d like to hear any updates from ur extended usage from ur z10 if ur falling more in love or out of love?

@Marty Backe, good to see you have upgraded your camera. Nice to see footage from a different perspective. You covered ground very quickly!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I now know that 360's can't be viewed looking towards the Sun. Takes a little more forethought in the shot planning.

360 cameras need to be designed knowing that the sun will be in the view whenever there's an unobscured daytime, clear sky.

I can tell you that a lot of engineering effort on the GoPro Fusion went in to managing this challenging situation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Insta360 is about as heavy as I'd want to go at the end of a 9-foot pole.

I can't believe you guys are riding with a 9 foot pole fully extended!! I had a 5' monopod and people were already giving me weird looks. a 9 foot pole would look like I am attempting one wheel jousting!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

360 cameras need to be designed knowing that the sun will be in the view whenever there's an unobscured daytime, clear sky.

I can tell you that a lot of engineering effort on the GoPro Fusion went in to managing this challenging situation.

I'm sure in 5-years will look back at 2018 and laugh.

I have zero doubt that the Fusion is a better camera. I have zero doubt that the Insta360 One has the best editing software. The reason I did not buy the Fusion is because of the inferior software - I didn't want to spend more time in front of the computer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

I can't believe you guys are riding with a 9 foot pole fully extended!! I had a 5' monopod and people were already giving me weird looks. a 9 foot pole would look like I am attempting one wheel jousting!

Exactly. It does look like I've going to be stabbing things :lol:  It takes some getting use to, but I really like the look that I get.

I'm looking for a 12-foot pole now :facepalm:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who helped me get into electric unicycles. I'm super pleased with my KS 14D (thanks @TrevoraNewell). Here are a few clips from my daily 7 mile commute to and from work. I went off roading for the first time yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a video of that out soon.

Is that downtown San Diego?  You are pretty good riding on the street.  I have not had the courage to ride on the street yet.  LOL.

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm sure in 5-years will look back at 2018 and laugh.

I have zero doubt that the Fusion is a better camera. I have zero doubt that the Insta360 One has the best editing software. The reason I did not buy the Fusion is because of the inferior software - I didn't want to spend more time in front of the computer.

Agreed.. I bought the Insta360 One because of the quick workflow.. I was able to edit videos in 20mims while with NYC crew in Toronto..still hoping to meet Marty when I get to Venice beach tomorrow ?

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 2

OMG look at this guy cut out on his Z10!!  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/1845854835512471/

Update: After pulling this into video editor, it is clear this is not a cut off, it is rider error causing highspeed wobbles.  The wheel didn't rotate forward like in a cut off.  There was violent side to side as in high speed wobbles that kicked his feet off the pedals.

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Yeah, I saw that. And he sustained major injuries (bone protruding through skin, etc). Once again, someone doing a 'demo' for a friend. Seems like so many accidents occur when people want to show off in front of other people. I'm guilty of that tendency myself, but at least I gear up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

No shoes and shorts, oh Deano seems pretty dumb. 

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I saw that. And he sustained major injuries (bone protruding through skin, etc). Once again, someone doing a 'demo' for a friend. Seems like so many accidents occur when people want to show off in front of other people. I'm guilty of that tendency myself, but at least I gear up.

Update: After pulling this into video editor, it is clear this is not a cut off, it is rider error causing highspeed wobbles.  The wheel didn't rotate forward like in a cut off.  There was violent side to side as in high speed wobbles that kicked his feet off the pedals.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I saw people make that comment, but for the life of me I couldn't see any wobbles.

When I had the pre-production Z10, I did one acceleration test against my two MSuper's. As I approached max speed (28-mph) I hit a small bump in the road and got the Death Wobbles. Scared the crap out of me. Somehow I was able to slow down enough for the wobbles to stop, but it took a few seconds (and I think I lost a couple of years from my lifespan during those few seconds, if you know what I mean). It had been almost 2-years since the last time I got Death Wobbles, during my EUC initiation period.

Post a slo-mo version of the video here, if you can.

Edited by Marty Backe

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I saw people make that comment, but for the life of me I couldn't see any wobbles.

When I had the pre-production Z10, I did one acceleration test against my two MSuper's. As I approached max speed (28-mph) I hit a small bump in the road and got the Death Wobbles. Scared the crap out of me. Somehow I was able to slow down enough for the wobbles to stop, but it took a few seconds (and I think I lost a couple of years from my lifespan during those few seconds, if you know what I mean). It had been almost 2-years since the last time I got Death Wobbles, during my EUC initiation period.

The z10 is fundamentally flawed. Simple

went on a group ride and it was the only wheel that couldn’t catch up and people never felt comfortable with it. It’s built quality can not be questioned, but someone will have to be bias to tell me this is better than the MSX, even a tesla is a better all round wheel.

The wheel dynamics is flawed and the tire, while it looks awesome, is not right for an EUC.

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

here you go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

OMG look at this guy cut out on his Z10!!  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/1845854835512471/

i don't have Facebook ?

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

it did look like it tilted a little bit forward at first that made me cringe on bare skin ??

if it tilted forward like a cutout, then it should continue to tilt forward because loss of gyro in a cut out.  but after what appears to be a tilt forward it stays up even after his feet are totally off the unit.  only then the at end of high speed wobbles does the unit hit the left pedal to the ground and cause it to tumble.  what you saw as pedal dip was beginning of highspeed wobbles.

there was no beep of hitting the speed limit where there would have been tiltback the very bad tiltback of the ninebot.  no audiable indicator means no tiltback, means not cut off.

• Upvote 1