THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, The Wheel Plug said:

Today I took my Msuper X out to do some (safe but still fast) speed runs, attempting a possible 35mph or so.

If I saw correctly and helmet was your only protection, it’s ridiculous you have the word ”safe” in there.

Get protected, man.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maltocs said:

@Marty Backe , might want to hold off on your Insta360 One Purchase, or at least until 10.10.18 when they reveal their new product. 

yeah I've been talking to insta over the past week to see if there's an Android version coming out , she couldn't tell me direct but I'm sure she sorted of hinted but i do read women wrong lol?

Screenshot_2018-09-27-10-15-06.jpg

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video Eddie. OK, I need to see what my Mten3 and Z10 speeds are, since I consider both of those wheels to be superior slow speed EUCs.

can't wait!  a while back i posted the challenge, from that post my best time was 14 sec.  no body took up the challenge. :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If I saw correctly and helmet was your only protection, it’s ridiculous you have the word ”safe” in there.

Get protected, man.

I was on well known roads with little margin for error. I've ridden these same roads hundreds of times and only went faster on roads with zero unpredictable bumps/imperfections. 

I know the risk associated with riding, and if I fall I'm willing to accept the scrapes and breaks, but first and foremost i wear the helmet to protect the noggin ?

15 hours ago, The Wheel Plug said:

Today I took my Msuper X out to do some (safe but still fast) speed runs, attempting a possible 35mph or so. As soon as i went outside i noticed that the wind was far too high to really push it. Turns out, the wind is a double edged sword. Not only does it make it nearly impossible to hear the beeps, but it also makes the beeps come sooner when you are riding directly into it! A good thing to keep in mind for Gotway rider safety :D I hit the final alarm at only 32.8 mph with 80% battery, when in the past i have hit 35mph with only 40% --- so keep in mind, the wind can change a few things :P

Absolutely possible, I did 59.6km/h on mine (app speed), did not hear the beeps but again I could have missed it of course?

Must ask the other 2 members that where with me riding when I did that, Nils and Icewheel if they heard the beeps cannot remember them saying they heard them? I did use simple bicycle helmet so open (stupid I know ride with different helmet + protection now) and heard them many times, in fact I hear them every single ride now cause quite aggressive on this wheel. Slightest head wind for sure will stop adventures at that speed, cold batteries, slopes, too much weight etc.. etc.. and experienced beeps at 47km/h already under heavy acceleration, that I know of could be even earlier? But often they come around 50-55km/h unless very aggressive accelerations and of course battery level? Just saying, if mine did?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Wow, what a futuristic bus.  Looks like Robocop drives it post-retirement for some extra pocket money.

Haha, thats Malmoes "environmentally friendly" electric city busses.

No robo cop drivers though, mostly reckless people get to drive city busses it seems as they chew car mirrors and like to drive as if they own the road and not very seldom are involved in incidents (probably due to the Swedish state paying bad money (renting nowadays) for a job that kind of sucks and is gettting riskier by the day due to our recent years problems)

Its key not to roll to close to a bus if one wants to live :-)

Edited by Boogieman

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

So in your intro, just after you finish shooting the lightning out of your hand, while your hands are still glowing the camera pulls out, and your crotch is glowing too...   :blink1:

Are you okay? And did you know that you can get an ointment now for the burning down there?   :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Are you okay? And did you know that you can get an ointment now for the burning down there?   :facepalm:

You really make me laugh! :) 

• Like 1

I know there have been some interests in 360 cameras (I know I was!) I settle with the GoPro Fusion 360 and decide to do a review on it. Hope its fun to watch and I'll be happy to answer any questions on it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

Nice review. The only quibble I have is that generating the previews takes no time at all if you pull the memory cards and copy the files over manually instead of connecting the camera to the computer and have Fusion Studio pull the files over.

Thank you! Yes, rendering was faster as well, but still it is really a backward process. I had the Insta360 camera before and it was a lot easier to work with. But the Fusion 360 does win on resolution so I still made the switch. I am still experimenting with shooting with it and will try to post some videos of me riding the i5 (and soon the z10!)

33 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

Thank you! Yes, rendering was faster as well, but still it is really a backward process. I had the Insta360 camera before and it was a lot easier to work with. But the Fusion 360 does win on resolution so I still made the switch. I am still experimenting with shooting with it and will try to post some videos of me riding the i5 (and soon the z10!)

I have a pair of tweezers to make extraction easy and two memory card adapters so I can pull one and get it transferring while I pull the other one. Nice to know there's at least at least one other person doing GoPro Fusion hereabouts.

Edited by winterwheel

4 hours ago, Hsiang said:

I know there have been some interests in 360 cameras (I know I was!) I settle with the GoPro Fusion 360 and decide to do a review on it. Hope its fun to watch and I'll be happy to answer any questions on it.

It wasn't designed for VR. It was designed for OverCapture.

The market for VR remains small. The market for getting interesting viewpoints on your story, and being able to pick the "camera direction and field of view" after the fact, is large.

If you want an easier workflow, and/or don't have Premier Pro, the GoPro app allows you to use your phone's gyro, or touch screen to change the OverCapture window and output the final render. Yes, there are some limitations (like 4k maximum resolution, and simply stitching), but it's a much simpler process.

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So in your intro, just after you finish shooting the lightning out of your hand, while your hands are still glowing the camera pulls out, and your crotch is glowing too...   :blink1:

I thought why were you looking down there... but then I watched the intro and that really is rather noticeable :lol: :lol: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I thought why were you looking down there... but then I watched the intro and that really is rather noticeable :lol: :lol: 

Not sure if I want to visit New Zealand anymore. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3