THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Finally a sweet ride through the city with minor obstacles.

Tuned the tiltback before riding as i noted a lot of continuous beeps this week so preferred to avoid a face plant. Setting it to 48km/h still caused continous when accelerating decent so had to roll back all the way to 43km/h to reach 50 or so at acceel...but of course cruise speed was lowered to around 43-45 but that felt as a good limit. Wheelog id matched with the video (@23.21) except the start that is my "speed tests" to find the correct tiltback-speed and a ride to a good location for video. So not too fast, but a lot of fun...have to get out again now for another ride :-D

Passed 3 piquet police vans lined up on the big square, but there are much bigger issues than EUC riders in Sweden, we have the immigration issue causing (dont even want to take those words in my mouth since i know a lot of people think Trump is stupid...trust me..he is not all that crazy) issues that come with that, so a slight speedy "bicyclist" probably passed (righteously so) under "the radar" :-)

Edit:

Ps, thanks for all replies on pebble guys, will check where i can find one with MONSTER VIBRATION :-) the tesla tiltback is INSANELY SMOOTH, but it is FAR TO LATE if i set it to e.g. 50km/h after noting max alarm at 53km/h@70%battery...even at 85% battery i can pass tiltback amd go into alarm before tiltback activates. the tiltback is bssically to un-agressive, it reacts after the fact. So alm discussions if tiltback can cause a cutout is wrong, its the matter of fact that the tiltback reacts to slow :-) if i would set it to 50km/h and max out accel i i am sure i would face plant if there is 20% power margin left (remember that 20% power is a LOT LESS THAN 20% speed.... especially mixed with accel that uses energy at the square of the accel so....pretty hard to set by an app...this shit should be programmed into the wheel itself based on momentary data)

That last 1/3rd looked like a blast. Remind me again, what wheel were you riding?

I thought I heard a "Alluh" at the very end :confused1:

• Like 1

I think the @EUC GUY stress test on the MSX was marvellous, but most people are reading the results wrong. As @eddiemoy pointed out, a similiar stress on a KingSong would likely blow a fuse and cause a faceplant. As we see on the video, EUC Guy was able to ride the MSX to a controlled stop completely unharmed. And he pushed a freaking CAR around for 6 minutes!

I do agree that the Gotway firmware should monitor the currents and temperatures closer. But the urgency in EUC developement might be better pointed at somewhere else. As a reminder: Two of the four new wheels for 2018 have severe manufacturing issues, one of them having caused atleast two actual fires. Yet a recall was never announced by the manufacturer, and many retailers were not even informed.

@eddiemoy, great content and audio quality on the slow riding video! One thing to note for the next one, most of the edits cut a bit over your speech.

• Like 1

@Marty Backe, @Boogieman was riding the Gotway Tesla. The Last 3rd of the video was certainly a real blast! This guy sure does like to Boogie!

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That last 1/3rd looked like a blast. Remind me again, what wheel were you riding?

I thought I heard a "Alluh" at the very end :confused1:

Yes that bicycle road has really nice curves, only caveat is a well lid in metal right in the long sweeping curve that you dont want to carve over if wet :blink1:
It the Tesla (1020Wh) . I love it but havent tried any other "big wheel" so cant compare :)

Youre right I had to "hello" ("hallå" in Swedish) the three bicyclist in width blocking the path of fun :)
Or maybe u meant the three foreing guys walking, sounds like they spoke about "halal"...maybe wanted a night burger and were sad becuase McDonalds dont serve Halal (yet anyway but You never know, some companies do stupid shit for money :wacko:)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

If someone willing to buy me a new wheel I’ll give it a try.  Not willing to throw w]away $2K, I don’t make any money from YouTube to pay for that. LOL

yes, I understand the extreme nature of your test.  Hopefully gotway will put in something to prevent this. Or maybe they take the same argument as all the gotway fanboys and dismiss this as no one wil, ever do this so, not going to bother putting in any safety feature. 

Only time will tell what they decide to do. 

I hope they do, all safety in the world as long as not touching any of my power/speed and I am a happy camper.

Monitor temperatures = a good idea.

Shutting me off before I crash due to overloading the wheel = goof idea.

Wheel taking to me, or shouting in public = I will immediately murder his voice though.

Trying to strangle power output with a lot more still to give = nope! But I get the technical challenge to perfect these systems on a tight budget, it will come..

These are my criteria of course, but the reason I choose Gotway is the be allowed to utalize as much as theoretical performance as possible, all wrapped in a 1600Wh package properly paralleled. This will likely come out wrong I get that, but I think I am at least somewhat neutral and can see and admit Gotway's minuses as well as recognizing other brands pluses, but yeah humanity is very biased as a group and myself too, just so much easier to spot that in others compared to in ourselves. Spending some time studying psychology I got stuck at mirroring, reflection (direct Swedish translation not even sure if correct in English), how I see myself, how I think others see me, how they truly see me etc.. etc.. and truly very, very interesting and imho healthy for us all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Czestnut said:

Group ride last weekend, about a dozen of us EUC riders joining OneWheel and eSk8 riders during Toronto's Open Streets 2 (a couple of days each summer where they close off major downtown streets to pedestrians and cyclists).  It was my first group ride, and It was a total mind-fcuk riding with others with similar interests and rides.  I'm the only one riding in my burb the last three summers, so it was crazy meeting others from all over the greater city area.  It's totally surreal your first time with a group.  I'm white baseball shirt, blue sleeves.

Cool. Toronto is one of my favorite cities. I would like to do "one" massive group ride with different pevs, for the experience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Yes that bicycle road has really nice curves, only caveat is a well lid in metal right in the long sweeping curve that you dont want to carve over if wet :blink1:
It the Tesla (1020Wh) . I love it but havent tried any other "big wheel" so cant compare :)

Youre right I had to "hello" ("hallå" in Swedish) the three bicyclist in width blocking the path of fun :)
Or maybe u meant the three foreing guys walking, sounds like they spoke about "halal"...maybe wanted a night burger and were sad becuase McDonalds dont serve Halal (yet anyway but You never know, some companies do stupid shit for money :wacko:)

Interesting how some words (like Hello) are so similar in different languages.

Well, you show off the Tesla rather well :cheers:  Good riding!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trya said:

Rehab1 - almost all summer was devoted to windsurfing, I rode some trails in Washington - but they are too extreme for Olga, although we had a few nice rides with friends :)

Nice to see your still vertical and having fun Tyra!   :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, winterwheel said:

Sorry for the delay, but I wound up spending the weekend trying to fix my wheel (pins in charge port broke, got it hacked out of there, need a new mounting nut to get the new one in, so still not completed.) Hopefully I will have that sorted out by Wednesday and I can come back to this.

I am giving up on this.

My working parameters were a) use GoPro Fusion to take the raw video; b) use Fusion Studio to create 4k video output that is in overcapture (i.e. not 360 video) mode; b) whatever else is done, do not use Premier Pro to produce the final output.

The first showstopper came immediately: Fusion Studio simply can't produce 4k clips in anything except 360 mode. If one tries to do overcapture it forces the final output into 1080p -- not 4k. So that didn't work. It also doesn't put clips together into a complete video, so one would still need some other application to do that.

The next idea was to export stitched 360 video from Fusion Studio, and then find an inexpensive alternative to Premier Pro to do the final overcapture, 4k render. I tried a variety of things, including the Insta360 desktop software. That (insta360) did the best but once again, was unable to generate 4k output.

So I took a look at MB's software list and saw Pinnacle on that, and saw that the current Ultimate version (one time cost $129) supports 360 editing, including overcapture to normal video. Hooray!

Pinnacle works a bit, but has a couple of problems. First, when doing overcapture you need to be able to do yaw, pitch, and roll. Pinnacle only provides two of those, so the horizon is crooked in places, enough to ruin much of the footage. Worse, it lets you drop multiple 360 clips onto the timeline and edit the overcapture sequences, saves without complaint, but if you close and re-open the project, all the edits are gone except those made on the first clip. It also crashed at one point, with the loss of much work because of the preceding problem.

So this ends my experiment with my conclusions being...

- If you want 4k output, you have to use Premier Pro.

- If you are okay with 1080p, you can edit the stitched files from Fusion Studio using the Insta360 desktop software; it seems to be the best alternative, it is free, and it doesn't require you to have an Insta360 camera.

And finally, I was working with about 40 minutes of video taken from our tour the other night. The total stitch time for those clips in Fusion Studio was just under two hours on my decent-but-not-exceptional computer. So about 3 minutes to stitch each minute of video.

(I'd also say that Pinnacle has potential if they fix the bugs related to 360 editing, but is massively frustrating to use in its current version.)

Edited by winterwheel

@winterwheel If you're trying to export a normal GoPro FOV at 4k resolution, there's no point. There just aren't enough pixels to do that.

Have you tried the GoPro App mobile editing? That's supposed to be pretty easy to use, especially the way you can use the phone's gyro to move the overcapture window around. I can't use it on my old iPhone 6. I'll try it after my new Xs arrived tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

French meet up the 07/09/2018

The complete video of the performance of Nico TBX 

very good video nice meet up. some serious skills there ?? in the first video about 4.45 mins in how did he get the msx light to stay one colour and transition like that it's a nice mod  and touch sensitive ?? i like it  . someone share it ??

7 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

If you're trying to export a normal GoPro FOV at 4k resolution, there's no point. There just aren't enough pixels to do that.

I'm definitely putting out 4k videos, I guess Premier Pro must be doing some magic in there to make that happen.

13 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I'm definitely putting out 4k videos, I guess Premier Pro must be doing some magic in there to make that happen.

Adding pixels is no problem, but you can't add detail by increasing the resolution. 

Edited by RayRay
Just increases file size

8 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Adding pixels is no problem, but you can't add detail by increasing the resolution

Interesting. I had been thinking that the GoPro's 5.2k resolution would allow me to produce a better result than 1080p, with the software finishing the job to get it up to 4k. Easy way to test, I'm going re-render one of my existing videos as 1080p and see if there is any  difference between that and the "4k" version. If there isn't, that will save a lot of time. And disk space.

Edited by winterwheel

If the resolution of your GoPro is higher than 4k, then you are actually reducing resolution during rendering. However, if you were to capture video at 1080p and up-sample, then all you would achieve is larger file size.

Not magic, just math...

• One pixel becomes two...
  • Two pixel become four...
  • Data just keeps doubling...

...but, if you go the other way, then you are compressing data and losing information.

Edited by RayRay
5K is plenty

45 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I feel like you are just trolling me at this point.

Sorry, you mentioned magic, but obviously whatever resolution detail comes out of your GoPro cannot be improved upon...

Edited by RayRay
(by resampling)

So  for general interest, here is the same video clip twice -- once rendered and uploaded to YouTube as 1080p, and the other as 4k. I did nothing to these clips except cut them down to 5 seconds, apply GoPro OverCapture (with no zoom or directional focus changes) and then push them out using the YouTube presets in Premier Pro -- one with the 1080p preset, the other with the 4k preset.

How the two videos look will depend on the device you are using to watch them of course, but on my 4k tv the 1080p version is unwatchable, while the 4k version looks great.

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@winterwheelThe "1080p" version is far below that resolution. Maybe that setting refers to the complete 360 video. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Unfortunately, I've not played with Fusion much. I have one lying around here somewhere, but I'm not even sure where I put it. I only really knowledgeable about the hardware.

If you can break things down in to a few brief questions, I can ask people at work for the answers.

7 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Maybe that setting refers to the complete 360 video.

That is not the case. Premier Pro has a list of YT output  formats. Among them are 1080p, another is 4k.

The project was to produce a flat 4k video output from a GoPro Fusion input without using Premier Pro. It seems like everyone is in agreement that this cannot be done, so I've ended my investigation. If someone else wants to pick it up or look at  some other questions arising out of this, I'd be happy to provide more detail on my process. If that person has Premier Pro I'd be happy to provide the project and contents to experiment with.

PP_YT_Options.PNG

Edited by winterwheel