THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Excellent!  Very smooooth!   Well done!

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

did u ask about ebikes?

eBikes are banned as well... (If spotted.) ;)

There's no way to pretend I'm moving under human power... (Maybe I could move my arms like I'm jogging and hope they don't look down.) :ph34r:

Edited by RayRay
Sheriffs have been cool about it...

27 minutes ago, RayRay said:

There's no way to pretend I'm moving under human power... (Maybe I could move my arms like I'm jogging and hope they don't look down.) :ph34r:

well, we do have to lean.

so roads are illegal or just stupid, bike paths and sidewalks are illegal, what’s left?

i would not enjoy riding my wheel where it wasn’t legal or wanted. God forbid if u involved in a minor accident with a pedestrian, even if it was their fault. probably get arrested and sued into oblivion.

maybe time to break out the jedi cloak.

41141020984_7c33c4363a_z.jpg

or maybe they’d be afraid to approach the grim reaper.

40959397415_181e8ec55b.jpg

Edited by novazeus

4 hours ago, RayRay said:

that sucks! how did they get you?

Edited by kour

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Luckily she won't see the video. This was fun and a great stretching therapy. Practicing the same maneuvers with Tesla will have to wait until I get the surgeon's clearance.

Fantastic :thumbup: Near perfect form. Clearly you are the one to beat now :D

God, I love the Mten3. I know exactly how fun and effortless that is. I'm glad you have one so you can still enjoying wheeling while the body heals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@RayRay next time show this to the authorities. i think they are describing hoverboards but surely euc would fall into this classification:

Electric personal assistive mobility devices; regulations.

(1) An electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in s. 316.003, may be operated:
(a) On a road or street where the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or less.
(b) On a marked bicycle path.
(c) On any street or road where bicycles are permitted.
(d) At an intersection, to cross a road or street even if the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 25 miles per hour.
(e) On a sidewalk, if the person operating the device yields the right-of-way to pedestrians and gives an audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian.
(2) A valid driver license is not a prerequisite to operating an electric personal assistive mobility device.
(3) Electric personal assistive mobility devices need not be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02.
(4) A person who is under the age of 16 years may not operate, ride, or otherwise be propelled on an electric personal assistive mobility device unless the person wears a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted, that is fastened securely upon his or her head by a strap, and that meets the standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI Z Bicycle Helmet Standards), the standards of the Snell Memorial Foundation (1984 Standard for Protective Headgear for Use in Bicycling), or any other nationally recognized standards for bicycle helmets which are adopted by the department.
(5) A county or municipality may regulate the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road, street, sidewalk, or bicycle path under its jurisdiction if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that regulation is necessary in the interest of safety.
(6) The Department of Transportation may prohibit the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road under its jurisdiction if it determines that such a prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

(21) ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICE.Any self-balancing, two-nontandem-wheeled device, designed to transport only one person, with an electric propulsion system with average power of 750 watts (1 horsepower), the maximum speed of which, on a paved level surface when powered solely by such a propulsion system while being ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 miles per hour. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not vehicles as defined in this section.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cannings said:

Do people that can ride backwards find a difference between the wheel used for it, i'm really struggling to "get it" on my tesla I was kinda hoping the tesla was an excuse :P

Different? Absolutely.

Excuse? Absolutely not. 

Sorry. I can ride my 14” and 18” backward.. they are vastly different, both fully doable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic :thumbup: Near perfect form. Clearly you are the one to beat now :D

Thanks Marty! Beat? Is there contest going on?:confused1::) 

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

God, I love the Mten3. I know exactly how fun and effortless that is. I'm glad you have one so you can still enjoying wheeling while the body heals.

Yes Mten3 is a great wheel. I find transitioning to the Tesla a challenge at the moment being I have shied away from riding the bigger wheels. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

(21) ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICE.Any self-balancing

EUC are half self-balancing. They don't stand still by itself, needs the human effort to make it move. Maybe some like a electric assisted bike with less speed and more agility

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, Demargon said:

Morning ride along the beach

That looks great!

Just one question... Why is there sand on your shoes? Did you WALK somewhere?   :facepalm:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Damn, your video is making me want a Monster. Bad. 

As Oscar Wilde would say: the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it ?

Edited by Moltimondi
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

The 2017 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316 
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL

View Entire Chapter

316.1995 Driving upon sidewalk or bicycle path.—

(1) Except as provided in s. 316.008 or s. 316.212(8), a person may not drive any vehicle other than by human power upon a bicycle path, sidewalk, or sidewalk area, except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.

(2) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

(3) This section does not apply to motorized wheelchairs.

there goes my dream of having an euc friendly live-work-play development.

gonna have to build the multi use paths but can’t use them for euc riding.

depending on how u read this, euc could be banished to private property only.

Notice the  Except as provided in s. 316.008 or s. 316.212(8)  part though. Here is that part:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2068.html

316.2068 Electric personal assistive mobility devices; regulations.

(1) An electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in s. 316.003, may be operated:
(a) On a road or street where the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or less.
(b) On a marked bicycle path.
(c) On any street or road where bicycles are permitted.
(d) At an intersection, to cross a road or street even if the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 25 miles per hour.
(e) On a sidewalk, if the person operating the device yields the right-of-way to pedestrians and gives an audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

Notice the  Except as provided in s. 316.008 or s. 316.212(8)  part though. Here is that part:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2068.html

yeah that’s what i asked @RayRay to try on the authorities. only it does say two wheels. they must be talking about hover boards.

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

only it does say two wheels. they must be talking about hover boards.

I think most municipalities have recognized electric unicycles as EPAMD's at this point, but until more cases are tried, it's still a gray area. If anything, this guy was reacting to previous complaints about electric bikes (or skateboards) going too fast (resulting in a crackdown). It's hard to argue with a sign that says 'No Motor Vehicles' and I volunteered to proceed along an adjacent road with a bike lane. In the end, I was done with the trail and about to switch to the streets to ride home anyway... :efeeab781c:

The conservation guy clearly thought he was doing his duty; albeit, begrudgingly. Ironically, he was driving his electric golf cart partially on the path while looking for rule breakers. I think he felt bad about enforcing the requirement and seemed willing to take me back to where I'd parked (had I driven). I briefly tried to argue how silly I thought the rule was; but he was so sympathetic, it seemed pointless... So I rode home; discouraged yet a little rebellious (needed to cut through another bike path to make it home). :eff01bbbfc:

Edited by RayRay
Dejected but still defiant!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RayRay said:

I think most municipalities have recognized electric unicycles as EPAMD's at this point, but until more cases are tried, it's still a gray area. If anything, this guy was reacting to previous complaints about electric bikes (or skateboards) going too fast (resulting in a crackdown). It's hard to argue with a sign that says 'No Motor Vehicles' and I volunteered to proceed along an adjacent road with a bike lane. In the end, I was done with the trail and about to switch to the streets to ride home anyway... :efeeab781c:

The conservation guy clearly thought he was doing his duty; albeit, begrudgingly. Ironically, he was driving his electric golf cart partially on the path while looking for rule breakers. I think he felt bad about enforcing the requirement and seemed willing to take me back to where I'd parked (had I driven). I briefly tried to argue how silly I thought the rule was; but he was so sympathetic, it seemed pointless... So I rode home; discouraged yet a little rebellious (needed to cut through another bike path to make it home). :eff01bbbfc:

no, i think u did exactly the right thing. u might want to print up those florida statutes and carry them with u and try to say it’s an “electric personal assistive mobility device”.

the only thing i would have done different if u didn’t, when i stepped off the wheel to walk over and talk to him, i would have limped like quasimodo? like dragging my dead leg.

i wonder since @Jason McNeil business in florida kinda depends on people being able to ride on public property, if his legal team has looked into this.?