THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That was great :thumbup:  For those of you that can't ride backwards, you won't appreciate how hard this is to do with your hands behind your back. And those of you who can ride backwards, try doing this :cry2: Well done Eddie!

The challenge has been accepted. Let's see what I can manage :)

The comment was for Eddie, but yes, you are more than welcome to attempt this.  I will also attempt this, just need to find my helmet ?

On 4/27/2018 at 12:58 PM, Demargon said:

Great show @Jean (nhut)  Beside I like to share I don't use Facebook because is owned for people too greedy and dishonest

Thank you very much. Regarding facebook, do not share things too private.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

That was great :thumbup:  For those of you that can't ride backwards, you won't appreciate how hard this is to do with your hands behind your back. And those of you who can ride backwards, try doing this :cry2: Well done Eddie!

Do people that can ride backwards find a difference between the wheel used for it, i'm really struggling to "get it" on my tesla I was kinda hoping the tesla was an excuse :P

6 minutes ago, Cannings said:

Do people that can ride backwards find a difference between the wheel used for it, i'm really struggling to "get it" on my tesla I was kinda hoping the tesla was an excuse :P

The best way to learn backwards is to use a wall and push off and try to wiggle.  At some point you will get it just like going forward.  You will fall and it will feel really scary, but your mind will figure it out just like going forward.

And no, it doesn't have to do with the wheel.  

• Upvote 1

Interesting article/video about using scooters in cities. This may or may not be a good thing for EUCs. On the one hand, it gets the general population used to seeing PEVs, but on the other, it might force cities into creating restrictive laws.

https://www.circa.com/story/2018/05/01/business/scooter-share-the-latest-on-demand-transportation-tech-rolls-through-us-cities-maybe-even-yours-soon

Hello Cannings, the Tesla handles differently to other 16 inch wheels as the battery is low down, it is less top heavy. It's more sensitive compared to other 16 inch wheels, so it may take alittle longer to get the hang of it. Just keep at it. Surprisingly I have never fallen over going backwards yet. Keep it at a low speed. 

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete

1 hour ago, Cannings said:

In my opinion the wheel used makes a big difference in handling. The smaller wheels are easier. My Mten3 is effortless, the Monster, not so much.

But once you have the basics down, it's fairly easy to ride backwards on any wheel including the Tesla. Actually the Tesla is a bit easier due to the stiffness of the pedals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

@Marty Backe, this is for you

Excellent balance Eddie! 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I’ll give try it on the Mten. No way on the Tesla yet. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 3:47 PM, EUC GUY said:

Finally uploaded it. My custom euc design. tested in snow. 

awesome! it seems the design would take away weight and also allow for better snow-riding?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent balance Eddie! 

I’ll give try it on the Mten. No way on the Tesla yet. 

Careful now @Rehab1 don't give the wife more ban-fuel ??

@eddiemoy nice moves....once I can ride 10miles (with no overworked muscles or join pains, close on that target now)  in one go I pick up the pendulum move and short distance backwards riding skill on my training task list.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, kour said:

awesome! it seems the design would take away weight and also allow for better snow-riding?

And the disco lighting would go well synchronized to the new ABBA song coming out "I Still Have Faith In You."  :w00t2:  80's.  Stop fighting it.  It's here to stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayRay said:

Kicked off the Upper Tampa Bay Trail for operating a motorized vehicle... :crying:

The Conservation Officer felt bad and wanted to give me a ride back to my car. :facepalm:

well that sucks but i’m not surprised. did u ask about ebikes?

2 hours ago, RayRay said:

Kicked off the Upper Tampa Bay Trail for operating a motorized vehicle... :crying:

That bites! The conservation officers have been absolutely cordial at the Ohio parks I have rode at. Wonder if a biker complained?

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

And the disco lighting would go well synchronized to the new ABBA song coming out "I Still Have Faith In You."  :w00t2:  80's.  Stop fighting it.  It's here to stay.

Get you tickets Hunka!  ABBA is coming back.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

The 2017 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 316 
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL

View Entire Chapter

316.1995 Driving upon sidewalk or bicycle path.—

(1) Except as provided in s. 316.008 or s. 316.212(8), a person may not drive any vehicle other than by human power upon a bicycle path, sidewalk, or sidewalk area, except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.

(2) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

(3) This section does not apply to motorized wheelchairs.

there goes my dream of having an euc friendly live-work-play development.

gonna have to build the multi use paths but can’t use them for euc riding.

depending on how u read this, euc could be banished to private property only.

Edited by novazeus