THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I greatly appreciate your concerns. Would you feel better if I told you my cadaver bone came from a UFC wrestler and was still seeping steroids. My humerus is healing like a superhero?  :P

I thought I’d google that to look up cadaver  bone. I really wish I hadn’t...:barf:

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:30 AM, Rehab1 said:

It appeared to be late. You’ve given me an idea. My wife goes to bed at 10 pm. This just might work.;)

Just remember to push it down to the end of the driveway first, so she doesn't hear you starting the engine!   :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Just remember to push it down to the end of the driveway first, so she doesn't hear you starting the engine!   :D

Good point! :) This unfortunate secrecy has to end. 

2 hours ago, Kael said:

I thought I’d google that to look up cadaver  bone. I really wish I hadn’t...:barf:

Toughen up big guy. Interestingly I have a leg  bone (fibula) in my arm which might contribute  to my desire to walk on my hands.  :)

• Like 2

:ph34r:  First rule of Canada EUC club is there is no Canada EUC club.

I was thinking of getting an action camera since my iPhone video kind of sucks.  Not much to see around here except bike paths and the green spaces around houses.  Very :yawn:.  I might try to go to the park again once the weather melts the snow away more.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

More V10F goodies from LA. Actually we will be in the exact area with Marty Back tomorrow for Test Drive and group ride. :D

Hey, that place looks familiar ;) Nice cinematography. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nice @eddiemoy!

How's the editing convenience of the MiSphere (stitching, rendering time, etc.)? Was looking at getting into 360 for just the 2D side, but all of them seem to have some deficiency.

Also, you really need to get the wardrobe to match that new TSG Pass helmet!

daft-punk-beach-cocktails.jpg

The built in editing sucks.  I just basically shoot and upload with no editing.  But I'm sure if I had Premiere or Final Cut it would be fine.  I don't think 360 video quality is there yet.  Think it needs 8K video.

I already have the motorcycle jacket and on some of the hotter days maybe just elbow guards, knee pad and wrist guards not the jacket.  

Edited by eddiemoy

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

built in editing

IMHO your video is fine but the metadata that allows the viewer to rotate the display needs to be changed so that it views like this post:

you start the video with the camera up and then you rotate it towards horizontal for the videos longest duration.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

38 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

IMHO your video is fine but the metadata that allows the viewer to rotate the display needs to be changed so that it views like this post:

you start the video with the camera up and then you rotate it towards horizontal for the videos longest duration.

Sorry, don’t understand what you mean.  Do you mean that I would control the angle or do what this guy is doing which is holding then camera up higher?  

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

don’t understand what you mean.

Sorry...In the other guys Mi sphere video the viewer induces display changes in plane with the horizon by (panning) dragging left-right with the mouse or screen-tab controls. His camera Z axis is always UP.

Your video starts that way too but just a bit later your camera position makes its z axis at an angle (45 ish degrees) to the horizon. When the Youtube viewer swipes left-right the z axis of the sphere that was captured is no longer perpendicular with the horizon. The display rotates out of the horizontal plane for most of the video for left-right screen input. Your mail box video has left-right panning in the horizontal plane like the other guys video, if I remember correctly

The guy in the other video keeps his camera perpendicular to the ground...always.

I guess Mi Sphere has a hardware gyroscope which allows the user to change the angle of the camera while still showing a forward view when filming but the axis of the camera relative to the ground (perpendicular IR other) seems to determine what the viewers left-right pan request displays in YouTube.

Up-down panning is sort of less of a problem.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

6 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Sorry...In the other guys Mi sphere video the viewer induces display changes in plane with the horizon by (panning) dragging left-right with the mouse or screen-tab controls. His camera Z axis is always UP.

Your video starts that way too but just a bit later your camera position makes its z axis at an angle (45 ish degrees) to the horizon. When the Youtube viewer swipes left-right the z axis of the sphere that was captured is no longer perpendicular with the horizon. The display rotates out of the horizontal plane for most of the video for left-right screen input. Your mail box video has left-right panning in the horizontal plane like the other guys video, if I remember correctly

The guy in the other video keeps his camera perpendicular to the ground...always.

I guess Mi Sphere has a hardware gyroscope which allows the user to change the angle of the camera while still showing a forward view when filming but the axis of the camera relative to the ground (perpendicular IR other) seems to determine what the viewers left-right pan request displays in YouTube.

Up-down panning is sort of less of a problem.

Oh, gyro stabilization is the feature you are talking about on the mi Sphere software.  I didn’t do that because I found it introduces too much jitter to the video and when I change direction, the camera angle changes too.  Meaning the user has to constantly change the angle when I make a turn on the EUC.  It is good for slow movement like this guy walking.  Not good when I’m EUC.  LOL

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Sorry, don’t understand what you mean.  Do you mean that I would control the angle or do what this guy is doing which is holding then camera up higher?  

Obviously I'm not on the mi Sphere platform.

I'd guess that 'controlling the angle' would solve it.

The guy holding his mi Sphere 'up higher' is maybe to catch more shoreline below in the view (aesthetics).

Awesome looking helmet you have!

Edited by Bob Eisenman

17 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

More V10F goodies from LA. Actually we will be in the exact area with Marty Back tomorrow for Test Drive and group ride. :D

what tire is on the v10. I know its 16 x 2.5 but what model and brand?

57 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Obviously I'm not on the mi Sphere platform.

I'd guess that 'controlling the angle' would solve it.

The guy holding his mi Sphere 'up higher' is maybe to catch more shoreline below in the view (aesthetics).

Awesome looking helmet you have!

Yes, will try different angles.  This is just my first try.