THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're incorrigible Eddie :)

Pendulum's with my hands behind the back is surprisingly hard. I'm still not good enough to video my attempts :huh: 

I tried it once, it is different.  But I think with my manual unicycle experience, it is easier for me to pick up.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 11:47 PM, eddiemoy said:

This looks so much fun, wish I could ride in that big of a group. Reminds me when I paid a visit to Toronto and it was only me and my son, but he's way to slow for me, lol.

Still surprises me how many people wear no gear at all or vary little gear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

This looks so much fun, wish I could ride in that big of a group. Reminds me when I paid a visit to Toronto and it was only me and my son, but he's way to slow for me, lol.

Still surprises me how many people wear no gear at all or vary little gear.

I'm definitely guilty of that not wearing gear.  I'm trying to change that.  Hope I do before my luck runs out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

@eddiemoy I rode for little over a year till I got gloves, knee/ elbow pads, than a jacket and after my last fall, Fullface helmet. It seems that it take a fall to get good gear on, at least for most of us.......

I bought all the gear, just not wearing it like I should.  I just bought full face helmet, gloves, jacket... going to get a motorbike.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

I bought all the gear, just not wearing it like I should.  I just bought full face helmet, gloves, jacket... going to get a motorbike.

I got the mesh motorbike jacket, once you getting going its feels very cool, like youre not wearing much.

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I'm definitely guilty of that not wearing gear.  I'm trying to change that.  Hope I do before my luck runs out.

I’m the same way . I have all of it ...just rarely wear it . I also just bought a full faced helmet , bell super 2r, the fave shield and visor are removable. 

24 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I’m the same way . I have all of it ...just rarely wear it . I also just bought a full faced helmet , bell super 2r, the fave shield and visor are removable. 

I'm looking for a nice and light full face helmet.  Thinking of the TSG Pass, but that seems to be sold out everywhere!  If the chinbar is removable, how well does it protect you?  I've read that if the chinbar is removable, it isn't DOT/Snell rated.  guess i may be crossing the motorcycle rating with mountain biking.

On 4/15/2018 at 3:33 AM, eddiemoy said:

Sung was riding a Gotway Tesla decided to stop in the middle of the road instead of pulling to the side.  The eboarder following closely behind him hit him.  Don't blame the eboarder...

This guy with the Tesla facing us to the furthest right in the picture has stopped "in the middle of the road"?! That's a hilariously funny depiction of the scene :laughbounce2:

5ad514b79a5b8_ScreenShot2018-04-16at23_23_54.thumb.png.f8a5ad015a679ced4fa6400dc7720bcb.png

5ad515ad31be3_ScreenShot2018-04-16at23_28_29.thumb.png.ccc5cf28a74e70ae3ca57e543ea3407d.png

5ad5168abcfc3_ScreenShot2018-04-16at23_31_07.thumb.png.a4b1227029f82922d5ef2ca983ed40f8.png

• Upvote 1

Agree. If you run into someone braking/stopping/doing whatever, you haven't been keeping enough distance for your speed. So the wheel guy could mayyyyyybe have had some more situational awareness on this close quarters ride, but in the end, he was in front. And I'm not even saying this in false EUC solidarity:efee47c9c8:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Agree. If you run into someone braking/stopping/doing whatever, you haven't been keeping enough distance for your speed. So the wheel guy could mayyyyyybe have had some more situational awareness on this close quarters ride, but in the end, he was in front. And I'm not even saying this in false EUC solidarity:efee47c9c8:

No I agree . Eboarder defiantly at fault ...per the laws of the road . EUC stopped and turned to face the group . Board plowed into him . 

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

I watched a couple of those videos. I don't think that dude's signature spin move dismount is doing him any favors. I think if he didn't immediately spin, the boarder wouldn't have hit him. 

Yes, the static pictures don't reveal the entire story. It doesn't look like that he had been doing this move in full control though, rather he tried as good as he could. Sure, you should raise your arm when and while you are going to stop when riding in a group, or even better in this case look behind you and stop out of the way, but what if this is just beyond yours skill sets because you need the arms to balance out the slowing down and turning the head 180 back is out of question anyway? You have to give inexperienced riders some leeway and not crash into them from behind when they need to slow down or stop for whatever reason.

After all he pulled to the far right and couldn't quite expect the eboarder would not only follow him and but also try to overtake even more to the right. 

Edited by Mono

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I'm looking for a nice and light full face helmet.  Thinking of the TSG Pass, but that seems to be sold out everywhere!  If the chinbar is removable, how well does it protect you?  I've read that if the chinbar is removable, it isn't DOT/Snell rated.  guess i may be crossing the motorcycle rating with mountain biking.

The pass pro carbon is in stock and on sale on their site: https://www.ridetsg.com/index.php

Same one I have actually, its a fantastic helmet

7 minutes ago, kour said:

accidentally swiped camera off partway.. still getting used to phone

Very nice!  :thumbup: What time of night did you venture out? I noticed there was hardly any traffic to worry about. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kour said:

@Rehab1 thanks! yeah that was around 10pm-it's part of the ride home after work.. one of the reasons I started wheeling B)

It appeared to be late. You’ve given me an idea. My wife goes to bed at 10 pm. This just might work.;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Not true. Removable chin bar helmets can be downhill certified like any other helmet and if the removable chin-bar component fails impact testing then the whole helmet fails. There is no partial pass.