THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

36 minutes ago, n2eus said:

@Marty Backe hosted another enjoyable tour (5 riders) at Griffith Park in Los Angeles, CA.  @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"@noisycarlos, @Stan Onymous
Wheels in attendance:  Gotway ACM2, Kingsong 18A, Gotway ACM, Gotway Msuper3S+, and Kinsong 18S.

That was fun to watch :D It's nice to see someone else's perspective of the same ride. That was a great riding day.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: Awesome footage!   Does your camera have a wide angle lens?  It really gives a nice, scenic perspective to your ride.  And gave me a bit of the heebie-jeebies seeing how close to the edge of the cliff Marty rides  :blink: ...  

94° FOV 20mm
(35mm format equivalent)
f/2.8

• Like 2

Some short clips of my Gotway Monster on the rail trail at SSU (Salem State University) taken on the way to Stop & Shop grocery store. 

California strawberries from the grocery store are huge!

California strawberries

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, n2eus said:

@Marty Backe hosted another enjoyable tour (5 riders) at Griffith Park in Los Angeles, CA.  @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"@noisycarlos, @Stan Onymous
Wheels in attendance:  Gotway ACM2, Kingsong 18A, Gotway ACM, Gotway Msuper3S+, and Kinsong 18S.

Excellent video. Very smooth and I actually like the overstated colors. With the rarely seen and colour exaggerated greenery on show in the area right now and the extra red in the dirt the trails could pass for Hawaii. 

• Like 1

On 7.4.2018 at 1:15 AM, Bob Eisenman said:

What a nice idea that the viewer can change the view on the video! This will surely be a strong alternative to the traditional videos . . . if the image quality only could be better :) Good work.

Regards from Finland

Carl

Professional job @n2eus! All of the elements were there. Great video editting, action shots, scenery, transitions, selection of music while capturing the thrill of bunch of friends riding together. You can’t ask for anything more! :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarryOneTwo said:

My video, driving around Kokkola. There are still lots of snow, but roads are clear enough.

Nice video. Really gives a nice sense of 'being there'. Looks very cold and desolate - no people, cars, etc. Guess everyone is bundled up in their homes. You must be looking forward to summer.

20 hours ago, dismason said:

if the image quality only could be better

I'm new to the 360 process. Some brands of 360 cameras seem to look better.  360 I've uploaded looks best when streamed at 1080 HD or higher in a sized window rather than full screen. Usually the desktop copy looks good but the streamed lacks something. Complaints run from  curved objects (planning objects to image some distance from the lens helps that), shaky video (software correction helps but horizon rotational errors would need a gimbal for 360).

The camera shoots 'circular' video on square frames. To YouTube it the aspect needs to be 2:1. Circular to equirectangular processing needs to stretch it a bit followed by '360 metadata injection'. The 360fly software doesn't play equirectangular. A desktop software viewer called 'Gom' plays 360 equirectangular really well on a 'downloaded' or resident desktop copy.

A Facebook upload of one of my 360 videos looks better than YouTube's. Playback on bandwidth limited cell phones looks really bad and Chrome for Android looks 'jumpy' on my Android phone.

I resize the equirectangular down to 2160 or so wide to shorten the upload times and possibly improve streaming performance.

Source desktop playback is really a big improvement but rules out the elusive well assembled YouTube uploads by other 360fly users.

Still working in it.....enjoy constructive feedback.....bright light helps the camera capture the full color range...software stabilizing helps filter out some complaints...side by side unstabilized vs stabilized shows much improvement.

Too baffling for some users who thrive on watching 4k clear gimbal or hardware stabilized 2D videos. A motive to move the 360 viewer is often not apparent in a random scene.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video. Really gives a nice sense of 'being there'. Looks very cold and desolate - no people, cars, etc. Guess everyone is bundled up in their homes. You must be looking forward to summer.

Kokkola is a pretty desolate place anyways :D

The truth is that pretty much everyone is up and outside, since it's already +10°C in the Southern Finland. Basically it feels like summer already. Well, atleast in the South that is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wuppi said:

Kokkola is a pretty desolate place anyways :D

The truth is that pretty much everyone is up and outside, since it's already +10°C in the Southern Finland. Basically it feels like summer already. Well, atleast in the South that is.

:laughbounce2:

23 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

First English review of the V10F that I've seen.

Yeah, this was already published in the V10 thread, on April 10th.

On 12.4.2018 at 6:56 PM, HarryOneTwo said:

My video, driving around Kokkola. There are still lots of snow, but roads are clear enough.

Hi Harry,
Your video looks good, snow melts :-) I've also thought about going to go around with the EUC. My first machine KS 14S will arrive in the first week of May. Here in the city of Kotka all snow has melted away, only the ice on the sea is left: http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/photos/11923775/ The time is slow for the one who waits ;-) 
Kind regards
Carl Irjala

On 4/2/2018 at 6:39 AM, Jean (nhut) said:

Hello everyone!

After the outputs of the Grand Quart Nord Est (10 outings), I decided to rename the name "THE WHEELERS".

Simply to share with more enthusiasts in France and around the world hoping someday to be on your side 1f609.png;)

To watch more videos; here is my YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/watch… Remember to subscribe to not miss anything 1f609.png;)

Our Facebook group is now part of one of the largest international groups and one of the most active with more than 4300 members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/137300526890741/. Come share your passion with us the EUC (Electric Unicycle, E-Skate, E-scooter and all other electric vehicles are welcome).

Nice, but when you share your passions on facebook, you find out eventually you have shared a lot more than you intended.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1