THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 12/12/2017 at 12:08 AM, Ombre said:

Entertainment is provided by us riding around and being goofballs.  I am in touch with a local charity that wants to do a cross-promotion, and hope to be able to announce that in a few days.

I wish you the very best on your venture! TV stations love charity stories especially those involving children (although my last attempt failed and the station decided a bank robbery was more important). It may be to late but may I suggest something in the lines of Santa delivering small gifts to a local children’s home on a EUC.

Not quit the same but once I dropped Santa off in a helicopter at a local Walmart Store and the TV stations arrived for that stunt. Sensational heartfelt stories tend to gain a TV station’s interest most of the time. :) Good Luck! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ombre said:

We did get the co-promotion put together this week!  The local Humane Society is promoting the eWheels store to their supporters (via social media and email). For every sale of a unicycle, scooter,  or e-bike during December, we'll donate $40 to the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.

Since most of the people on their lists are >40 years old, it's a good demographic for us.  We're finding our customers (so far) are exclusively above that age, mostly interested for themselves or their adult children.  The <40 people are interested but few of them have enough disposable income.

I love the idea of Santa on a EUC ... hmmm.....

Ewheels promotional graphic.jpg

Great poster, really well done!

17 hours ago, Ombre said:

We did get the co-promotion put together this week!  The local Humane Society is promoting the eWheels store to their supporters (via social media and email). For every sale of a unicycle, scooter,  or e-bike during December, we'll donate $40 to the Humane Society of Southern Arizona.

Excellent!  :thumbup: Kiddo and pet promotions always tug at the heart strings of most people. Next year’s idea: Santa walking a dog dressed like a reindeer on your EUC. :P  

Scratch that. PITA would probably have fit! 

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My Mten 3 can now draw!  The rider still needs lots of practice. I can hardly wait for the perverse undertones about my artwork.:P

Very cool. With some practice you could do some neat stuff. It looked like you had some intent with some of those motions, but I haven't a clue what you were trying to draw :blink1: :)

If your drone can look straight down I think the better effect would be higher and stationary.   Now, where did I put my Dramamine pills ... ;)

:thumbup:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My Mten 3 can now draw!  The rider still needs lots of practice. I can hardly wait for the perverse undertones about my artwork.:P

DUDE... YOU ROCK!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. With some practice you could do some neat stuff. It looked like you had some intent with some of those motions, but I haven't a clue what you were trying to draw :blink1: :)

Thanks! Your correct on not having a clue.  :confused1: Just trying to get use to the concept. There’s a slight 1/2 second delay shutting off the sprayer which was demonstrated as I over shot my circles. Timing is everything. 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If your drone can look straight down I think the better effect would be higher and stationary.   Now, where did I put my Dramamine pills ... ;)

Great advice. I’ll hold off putting a camera on my Mten until you find your pills.:P

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

DUDE... YOU ROCK!!!

Thanks. Yah I definitely have rocks ( between my ears) as my wife reminds me daily.  :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My Mten 3 can now draw!

Fantastic! Such a great idea! Though you need a bigger canvas (and a plan what to draw:efee8319ab:).

Looking at this a makes me think, a spray can attachment + some easily washable chalk paint (or maybe self-removing paint that evaporates after an hour?) + a remote (or just a phone app) would be a great official accessory by a manufacturer of trendy wheels.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mono said:

(xmas video)

Very well made video, you can't deny that! Makes me want to go out and snow ride... oh, no snow, just wind and rainy and 1°C:efee8c29ce:

The red tire looks great and changes the V8 from black and boring-ish to interesting and neat looking.

46 minutes ago, Cannings said:

sweet vid, which country is this?

Poland, obviously. The mountain they're on can be seen in an earlier video, pretty sure it's the same one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Tatras

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mono said:

Very nice video. A very pretty part of the world. At least in the snow which always does a great job of making things look beautiful. 

Hey @Scatcat they mentioned 'winter tire' in the end text. I looked on their website and they sell 16" and 18" winter tires. Looks like some deep tread. Maybe useful for your stud project or even just on its own if not going too extreme. Quite surprised to see a tire with that kind of tread working in a V8 shell.

https://www.electricunicycles.eu/store_t3_category-winter_and_off_road_tyres-sc__12

Screenshot_20171217-100844.jpg

Edited by WARPed1701D
Added link.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here is Part I of my first comprehensive test of the KS18S. There's a little commentary along the way including a summary at the end of Part II

On your right!  ON YOUR RIGHT!!! :lol: I am amazed at all the walkers on those trails.  There must be a parking lot near there.  The 18S seemed to have no problem, and man are those some long steep climbs:o

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, steve454 said:

On your right!  ON YOUR RIGHT!!! :lol: I am amazed at all the walkers on those trails.  There must be a parking lot near there.  The 18S seemed to have no problem, and man are those some long steep climbs:o

It's a popular half-day hiking destination. For instance, the woman that I passed when climbing to the top of that steep hill had probably spent 2-hours getting there from her car.

What I can't get over is the number of people that I pass who are staring into their phone while walking, oblivious to me and all the nature that surrounds them :(

The KS18S is a beast.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

What I can't get over is the number of people that I pass who are staring into their phone while walking, oblivious to me and all the nature that surrounds them :(

Unfortunately. It is the new norm. We must accept it as one of the challenges we face and out there on our gliding machines. Can't change the world and no point getting upset about it. 

Personally @Marty Backe I thinks you should have slowed down for her as she was obviously not aware of you. But if I videod all my wheeling transgressions I'd have a lot t to answer for, so don't take it as criticism, just my observation. I would have said the Same if it were me in the video 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Unfortunately. It is the new norm. We must accept it as one of the challenges we face and out there on our gliding machines. Can't change the world and no point getting upset about it. 

Personally @Marty Backe I thinks you should have slowed down for her as she was obviously not aware of you. But if I videod all my wheeling transgressions I'd have a lot t to answer for, so don't take it as criticism, just my observation. I would have said the Same if it were me in the video 

Oh I know that it's the new norm, and I'm certainly not upset. Just an observation.

I really wasn't going that fast and I gave her a wide berth when passing. Unfortunately I couldn't go much slower because I was struggling to keep the wheel from speeding up (this was a downhill, rough, trail that you need to keep from letting your wheel get away from you).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's the conclusion to my KS18S mountain stress test. I was successful in overheating it (I was trying to), but it survived until the end. There are some final thoughts at the end of the video.

This is one hell of wheel folks!

That was some great riding, the tripod shots really show a different perspective, really cool.  That downhill was pretty gnarly in places,  probably a low powered wheel couldn't even go down it without blowing the board or overcharging the battery.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1