THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That was some great riding, the tripod shots really show a different perspective, really cool.  That downhill was pretty gnarly in places,  probably a low powered wheel couldn't even go down it without blowing the board or overcharging the battery.

Yeah, I rate the downhill switchback trail as a Level-4 run because of the technical nature in navigating it. It's a blast when running it on a nice wheel :w00t2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Very nice video. A very pretty part of the world. At least in the snow which always does a great job of making things look beautiful. 

Hey @Scatcat they mentioned 'winter tire' in the end text. I looked on their website and they sell 16" and 18" winter tires. Looks like some deep tread. Maybe useful for your stud project or even just on its own if not going too extreme. Quite surprised to see a tire with that kind of tread working in a V8 shell.

https://www.electricunicycles.eu/store_t3_category-winter_and_off_road_tyres-sc__12

Screenshot_20171217-100844.jpg

That tire looks very similar to the one I mounted on my ACM 1600 during the rebuild. I have yet to test it in the snow. Suppose I could mount the paint sprayer to the ACM and make some snow drawings.:P

25251542438_260dac9246_b.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That tire looks very similar to the one I mounted on my ACM 1600 during the rebuild. I have yet to test it in the snow. Suppose I could mount the paint sprayer to the ACM and make some snow drawings.:P

Man, what are you waiting for :D You have the perfect time of year to test that tire out. It would be cool to try that on my mountain trails (how is it for dirt riding - do you know?).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here is Part I of my first comprehensive test of the KS18S. There's a little commentary along the way including a summary at the end of Part II

That view at the top of the hill is priceless! Great video and riding Marty! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That would be interesting, and as the snow melted the chalk paint would wash away.  That looks like the exact same tread as the other one.  Probably good in snow, but not on ice, without some kind of pins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

One Tough Wheel! Awesome job Marty! 

Looks like the guy you passed was overheated as well.:furious:

24258040837_098601ac60_b.jpg

Yeah, I saw that guy too - it is a very tough hill even to hike up :)

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, I saw that guy too - it is a very tough hill even to hike up :)

As you passed him it sounded like he was begging for water.;) 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 3:34 PM, Smoother said:

Alicante, Spain, on a very windy day last winter.  Mute your speakers as all you hear is wind noise.  This is my first attempt at posting a video.  There is no editing or soundtrack.  And the reason the video stops abruptly, is the battery in the camera died.:confused1:

That pavement pattern at the beginning was fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen such a cool pattern, and when you were riding and pointing at the ground I was starting to trip :blink1:

Edited by Marty Backe

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That camera is great, the color is perfect.  Looks like no wind at all, looking at the trees, unless that is the video stabilizer from the camera.  You can see how strong the ACM is, the pedals stay flat even under fast acceleration.  Great editing also, the captioning cracked me up.  Your videos were always great, but they keep getting better.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That camera is great, the color is perfect.  Looks like no wind at all, looking at the trees, unless that is the video stabilizer from the camera.  You can see how strong the ACM is, the pedals stay flat even under fast acceleration.  Great editing also, the captioning cracked me up.  Your videos were always great, but they keep getting better.

Thanks. The wind was light. The trees and leaves are waving all over the place - you must be watching on a low-res screen. Watch in 4k resolution to really see the leaves :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. The wind was light. The trees and leaves are waving all over the place - you must be watching on a low-res screen. Watch in 4k resolution to really see the leaves :)

The max res of this video on YouTube is 1440p, not 4K. It still looks good on my curved 40" 4K display, even if 30fps. :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 8.50.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 8.52.57 PM.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, litewave said:

The max res of this video on YouTube is 1440p, not 4K. It still looks good on my curved 40" 4K display, even if 30fps. :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 8.50.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 8.52.57 PM.png

Google processing takes longer for 4k. I'm sure it's 4k by now.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I was starting to trip :blink1:

Me too. especially after a Baileys or six.  Its pretty cool isn't it.  I shot another interesting mosaic just down the beach from there.  I'll try and get it over here.

Edit, and now I've seen the rest of the thread, Props to @Marty Backe that was one serious save.  Not bad for an old guy:clap3: (my age) Pedal scrape and instant ejection BACKWARDS!!!   I hear the US soccer team is looking for a goalie.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

Me too. especially after a Baileys or six.  Its pretty cool isn't it.  I shot another interesting mosaic just down the beach from there.  I'll try and get it over here.

Edit, and now I've seen the rest of the thread, Props to @Marty Backe that was one serious save.  Not bad for an old guy:clap3: (my age) Pedal scrape and instant ejection BACKWARDS!!!   I hear the US soccer team is looking for a goalie.

3 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I'm more impressed with his wheel bail than anything else in the video. It reinforces the idea that good riders are especially  good crashers. They get a lot of experience crashing, and crashing without injury or even much concern is a learned skill.

I think a new rider would have tripped an landed heavily on his ass, possibly cracking the back of his head as that was a very unnatural fall, but @Marty Backe pulled that out with nary a worry. 

I think what helped me recover from this crash was the fact that I was in a backward turn, so the pedal catch plus the additional momentum from the turning helped me to spin out of it. That's my theory anyway :D

Backward turns always add a slick pucker factor - always anticipating something like this happening. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

Alicante, Spain, on a very windy day last winter.  Mute your speakers as all you hear is wind noise.  This is my first attempt at posting a video.  There is no editing or soundtrack.  And the reason the video stops abruptly, is the battery in the camera died.:confused1:

Those are some trippy flagstones!

• Like 2

i like this guy’s video because it shows his connection(foot position) to the wheel. just like all golf grips are slightly different, me as a student, would like to study how wheel riders position their feet on different wheels. for me on the 9bot1s2, my heel hangs off the pedal a half inch, pretty far forward, on the ks16s, my heel might be off the back an inch.i would think if there were such a thing as a wheel pro that taught wheel riding, positioning the foot would be lesson numero uno. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1