THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Are you putting spokes on your EUC? :P

The first manufacturer that makes EUCs sound uneven, with all sorts of crackling and pop sounds, rather like lightening in a bottle, is going to make a pile of money. 

It should sound like a home-made light saber. :)

• Like 2

Just now, LanghamP said:

Isn't there SoloShot? I think you put a card on your body and the system points a camera at you.

Yes Soloshot would work. I have one and they are rated at taking video from over 2000 feet. The problem is lugging the equipment around. The camera requires a hefty tripod for a stable support. Of course @Marty Backe will soon have an entire film crew to shoot his footage.:)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Isn't there SoloShot? I think you put a card on your body and the system points a camera at you.

@Rehab1 has one I believe. I think it's too bulking to carry around with me when riding. I want to use a single camera for everything.

23 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

The first manufacturer that makes EUCs sound uneven, with all sorts of crackling and pop sounds, rather like lightening in a bottle, is going to make a pile of money. 

It should sound like a home-made light saber. :)

Of course some of us have already done this. If you have a KingSong wheel you can play whatever motor sound you want from it, and the sound is pretty cool.

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Heh, one is terribly tempted to put this muffler or more accurately noise maker. 

:roflmao: I loved it, but...That's the last thing modern society needs, more people making more noise.  But I did love it, especially the end.

Edited by Smoother

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Isn't that the sound a HotWay makes when something inside is frying?

Pick one:

MOSFets.mp3: https://www.freesoundeffects.com/free-track/earcing-426762/

Motor wires.mp3: https://www.freesoundeffects.com/free-track/electriccurrent-426765/

Batteries.mp3: https://www.freesoundeffects.com/free-track/electric-426764/

:P

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, z3n said:

I have been keep wondering if you ever worry about losing your cam while you zooming in and out leaving it on the tripod like that @Marty Backe :ph34r:

You need to remember that in LA even EUCists have an entourage! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes Soloshot would work. I have one and they are rated at taking video from over 2000 feet. The problem is lugging the equipment around. The camera requires a hefty tripod for a stable support. Of course @Marty Backe will soon have an entire film crew to shoot his footage.:)

ENTOURAGE!!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The weather has finally turned cold for us. The high's are maybe 18-degrees Celsius which is chilly for me. I can deal with that at night, but during the day? Common! 

:D 

Oh, we have a warm spell here, all of 5-6 degrees Celsius during daytime... :roflmao:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Of course some of us have already done this. If you have a KingSong wheel you can play whatever motor sound you want from it, and the sound is pretty cool.

I mean to say that the noise should be responsive to what you do on your wheel as otherwise it'd <just> be static. 

Making the motor sound rough with a few interruptions under heavy load would be a great safety feature. You are accelerating hard, the wheel should sound like it is straining, maybe throw in a few missed cycles to give you a bad feeling on the pedals, I know it's completely artificial but this would be so much better than the usual effortless acceleration at max until the wheel dumps you. 

• Like 3

As I dabble with mobile development I thought of writing a sound app tied to GPS for some cool wheel noises. I wanted to do something like the sound of The Bat from Dark Knight Rises. I even thought of showing the user to specify the wheel model so at near max speed things would start to sound strained. I hadn't bothered yet as the V8 had no speaker built in it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

As I dabble with mobile development I thought of writing a sound app tied to GPS for some cool wheel noises. I wanted to do something like the sound of The Bat from Dark Knight Rises. I even thought of showing the user to specify the wheel model so at near max speed things would start to sound strained. I hadn't bothered yet as the V8 had no speaker built in it. 

That would be cool.  I wonder if the GPS data would be accurate/responsive enough to allow the sound to be moderated real-time based on the speed of the wheel.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That would be cool.  I wonder if the GPS data would be accurate/responsive enough to allow the sound to be moderated real-time based on the speed of the wheel.

Most phones now are highly accurate in open sky situations using not just American GPS but the EU's Galileo system and Russia's Glonass systems. Ideally it would get speed data from the wheel which polls multiple times per second but that is way beyond me right now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raptor said:

I LOVE IT. Finally a real use for King Song speakers.  I'm downloading it right now (is it free?:rolleyes:)

Damn it!. It cost £1.99.  I've only ever bought one app in my life, and I haven't used it in 10 months.  Decisions, Decisions.

£1.99 gets you one engine sound, big block v8.  Others unlocked at additional cost.  argh!

Edited by Smoother

39 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I LOVE IT. Finally a real use for King Song speakers.  I'm downloading it right now (is it free?:rolleyes:)

Damn it!. It cost £1.99.  I've only ever bought one app in my life, and I haven't used it in 10 months.  Decisions, Decisions.

£1.99 gets you one engine sound, big block v8.  Others unlocked at additional cost.  argh!

Best application ever for wheels. 

It's free through the Google play store. Try that. 

Although I'm buying it. 3 bucks is a wonderful price for the programmers effort and cleverness. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

Best application ever for wheels. 

It's free through the Google play store. Try that. 

Although I'm buying it. 3 bucks is a wonderful price for the programmers effort and cleverness. 

Brilliant.  Thanks for that.  It's on my droid phone now FOR FREE.  I like free. :w00t2:  

I haven't tried it with GPS.  Can't find the GPS button actually.  Seems to rev to redline or shift down to idle, not much in between.  One nice feature is the "REV" button at the bottom.  Press this and it revs to redline With a quick throttle blip.  Probably the most useful feature for warning wandering nitwits to start walking in a straight line.

Lovely N/A bored and stroked big block with a lumpy high lift cam V8 sound.  

There's also some tire squealing from time to time, but I'm not sure whats causing it.  There's a "static" mode where you can activate it by tilting the phone.

Buttons are EXTREMELY unresponsive.  Definitely a press and HOLD scenario. The demo video is on an iPhone, so maybe the Android version is a bad porting job.  Hence: free

Economy mode and short gears produces more shifts and lower down the rev range. 

There's no place to enter your vehicle top speed, so at our 20 to 40 kph top speeds we may be lucky to get out of first gear, which is a shame because running through the gears is fun.

EDIT: Update.  Just took it for a drive around the block in the old steel cage (car) Hopeless.  GPS has little to no correlation to road speed.  On my way out, it did change into third for a 25 to 30 mph speed.  On my way back, on the same road, it never left idle, but when I pulled into the driveway, it revved up like I was going to crash into the garage. 

Verdict: useless.  Novelty value at best.  Best feature: "REV" button.

Edited by Smoother

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Brilliant.  Thanks for that.  It's on my droid phone now FOR FREE.  I like free. :w00t2:  

I haven't tried it with GPS.  Can't find the GPS button actually.  Seems to rev to redline or shift down to idle, not much in between.  One nice feature is the "REV" button at the bottom.  Press this and it revs to redline With a quick throttle blip.  Probably the most useful feature for warning wandering nitwits to start walking in a straight line.

Lovely N/A bored and stroked big block with a lumpy high lift cam V8 sound.  

There's also some tire squealing from time to time, but I'm not sure whats causing it.  There's a "static" mode where you can activate it by tilting the phone.

Buttons are EXTREMELY unresponsive.  Definitely a press and HOLD scenario. The demo video is on an iPhone, so maybe the Android version is a bad porting job.  Hence: free

Economy mode and short gears produces more shifts and lower down the rev range. 

There's no place to enter your vehicle top speed, so at our 20 to 40 kph top speeds we may be lucky to get out of first gear, which is a shame because running through the gears is fun.

EDIT: Update.  Just took it for a drive around the block in the old steel cage (car) Hopeless.  GPS has little to no correlation to road speed.  On my way out, it did change into third for a 25 to 30 mph speed.  On my way back, on the same road, it never left idle, but when I pulled into the driveway, it revved up like I was going to crash into the garage. 

Verdict: useless.  Novelty value at best.  Best feature: "REV" button.

I got it to work pretty well for my car but not for my wheel since the speeds are too low even with the shortest gears. Also, as one accelerates there is an odd warbling which sounds exactly like one is practicing chords. 

I agree....hopeless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

I got it to work pretty well for my car but not for my wheel since the speeds are too low even with the shortest gears. Also, as one accelerates there is an odd warbling which sounds exactly like one is practicing chords. 

I agree....hopeless. 

I've been getting an odd warbling sound too.  Turns out I ate cabbage with dinner.:wacko:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys !

Here is our christmas special group ride, next one will be when temperatures will be higher :D

That was great :D You guys all really get into the spirit of the season :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1