THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Torrevieja (torry-v-eh-ja), Spain.  Also, a bit looked down upon as being a package holiday destination.  The town itself is quite ugly, but there are occasional places like this, that are worth seeing at least once.  These tiled benches look lovely in person.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Tiny feet will do that :) 

The city looks like Mountain View California to me.

Yes, small feet must feel great having such roomy pedals:)

According to her link, she is based in the silicon valley/bay area,  looks like it gets fairly cold up there.

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. The wind was light. The trees and leaves are waving all over the place - you must be watching on a low-res screen. Watch in 4k resolution to really see the leaves :)

Just noticed that you tube auto selects 480p unless I go to full screen, then it goes to 720p HD.  Probably due to my old laptop not having a good video card.  At 720 p I did see the palm fronds waving.

Just saw a review of the top 5 GoPro alternatives, yours was rated number one.  The guy did a side by side test on the same  handle demonstrating the video stabilization with split screen, and the Sony was smooth while with the GoPro you could tell the person was walking.  He actually considered the X3000 to be the better camera.

Edited by steve454
Put the X in front of 3000
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

i like this guy’s video because it shows his connection(foot position) to the wheel. just like all golf grips are slightly different, me as a student, would like to study how wheel riders position their feet on different wheels. for me on the 9bot1s2, my heel hangs off the pedal a half inch, pretty far forward, on the ks16s, my heel might be off the back an inch.i would think if there were such a thing as a wheel pro that taught wheel riding, positioning the foot would be lesson numero uno. 

It will not help you much to look at other people's foot positions without also seeing their posture. That is, what is important is the person's center of gravity will be approximately through the axle of the wheel in order to provide a balanced feel between braking and acceleration. A rider might have his upper body leaned forward or not, and his legs quite bent or not, or might have his hips well back or not. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

It will not help you much to look at other people's foot positions without also seeing their posture. That is, what is important is the person's center of gravity will be approximately through the axle of the wheel in order to provide a balanced feel between braking and acceleration. A rider might have his upper body leaned forward or not, and his legs quite bent or not, or might have his hips well back or not. 

it helps me. i think the average person would locally center his foot on the pedals and i’ll bet 99.97% of wheel riders have their foot positioned front of center. the other thing interesting about the foot position is the sole is in plane with the side cushion.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Just noticed that you tube auto selects 480p unless I go to full screen, then it goes to 720p HD.  Probably due to my old laptop not having a good video card.  At 720 p I did see the palm fronds waving.

Just saw a review of the top 5 GoPro alternatives, yours was rated number one.  The guy did a side by side test on the same  handle demonstrating the video stabilization with split screen, and the Sony was smooth while with the GoPro you could tell the person was walking.  He actually considered the X3000 to be the better camera.

Yeah, YouTube auto-selects the video resolution and you won't even get some options unless you have the bandwidth. All of my newer riding videos are being posted in 2160p, but you'll need a good computer and Internet connection to see them like that.

480p is pretty low by today's standards. Glad that at least you can now see them in 720.

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

Torrevieja (torry-v-eh-ja), Spain.  Also, a bit looked down upon as being a package holiday destination.  The town itself is quite ugly, but there are occasional places like this, that are worth seeing at least once.  These tiled benches look lovely in person.

Cool - I bet you could have ridden the length of that bench on your 14C :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Now that I have a trolley handle installed on the Mten3 I can use it for errands around town. Here's a peek into my day...

I have been keep wondering if you ever worry about losing your cam while you zooming in and out leaving it on the tripod like that @Marty Backe :ph34r:

6 hours ago, z3n said:

I have been keep wondering if you ever worry about losing your cam while you zooming in and out leaving it on the tripod like that @Marty Backe :ph34r:

I don't live in a high crime area. Plus I happen to own a one-wheeled vehicle that lets me catch anyone who might attempt to run off with it ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Now that I have a trolley handle installed on the Mten3 I can use it for errands around town. Here's a peek into my day...

Damn it. I want to import your weather, and your gang of crazy wheelers. Here it's sand, water, mud, and some patches of snow - not mentioning the fine mist of rain that hangs in the air... :crying:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Those across the street shots really look good.  Video looked more movie like with all the setups and long shots.  Really neat seeing you trolley the MTen3 into and out of the Harbor Freight store.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Damn it. I want to import your weather, and your gang of crazy wheelers. Here it's sand, water, mud, and some patches of snow - not mentioning the fine mist of rain that hangs in the air... :crying:

The weather has finally turned cold for us. The high's are maybe 18-degrees Celsius which is chilly for me. I can deal with that at night, but during the day? Common! 

:D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Those across the street shots really look good.  Video looked more movie like with all the setups and long shots.  Really neat seeing you trolley the MTen3 into and out of the Harbor Freight store.

Glad you liked the street shots. They obviously take a bit more time to setup and shoot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Glad you liked the street shots. They obviously take a bit more time to setup and shoot.

Thumbs up from me for your videos, also!

You are becoming the Casey Neistat of EUC vlogs :-) What is missing is a windprotected microphon so that you can entertain us while driving!

Great work! (and obviously a lot...)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Another Interesting mosaic in Alicante. The Square Rigger isn't real. It's a floating nightclub or something.

Man, this place sure had lots of trippy tile work. In hindsight, you could have created some cool videos, zooming with the camera close to the pavement. Would have made for some neat visual effects.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

The parallel panning shot (I think that is what it is called) is my favorite because it shows just how ludicrous we wheel enthusiasts look. 

My girlfriend, last week, had crossed the street onto the sidewalk on her wheel. That was the first time I had ever seen a wheel from that perspective in person, and it looked bonkers. At first impression it looks  like a Segway, and then the way wheels move cue you in that it is hardly a Segway.

First of all, wheels move fast and you don't realize that from the front or rear perspective, but from the side even 15 mph looks dangerously fast.

Second of all, there's a lot of movement to keep wheels upright. Of course you can see that from the front/rear, but from the side there's a lot of lean, sometimes ridiculously so. Presumably lighter riders can safely lean more, but I see the way a light rider goosing it at a stop sign has some crazy forward lean angle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Fun video! It would be terrific to be able to perform errands around my town on a EUC. I like your distance shots but at times some looked ominous from my Iphone perspective. :o

25316941188_17cf49a5ec_b.jpg