THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

21 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Thanks, @KingSong69  Interesting, it is very inexpensive but it has a bluetooth speaker and a headlight.

Yep, he was using some generic EUC. Cool design but terrible specs. After some 8km he ran out of juice. Today on our group chat he was already asking for advice in order to get a better wheel. Glad you like the video Steve, those apartment buildings you where mentioning are part of the new City Life residential complex designed by architects  Zaha Hadid,  Arata Isozaki and  Daniel Libeskind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moltimondi said:

Yep, he was using some generic EUC. Cool design but terrible specs. After some 8km he ran out of juice. Today on our group chat he was already asking for advice in order to get a better wheel. Glad you like the video Steve, those apartment buildings you where mentioning are part of the new City Life residential complex designed by architects  Zaha Hadid,  Arata Isozaki and  Daniel Libeskind.

Thanks @Moltimondi .  That whole area looked new and very nice.

8km is not bad for a small battery.  The control board picture in the Aliexpress ad looked like it might be an IPS board.

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Aren't those shoes yellow?  Am I going colour-blind?  Super cool helmet BTW.  :thumbup:

@Moltimondi - I think I recognized @fabio70mi in the video.  Is his IPS still making sounds?

The shoes look yellow to me, with just a hint of green.  Nowhere near yellow green.  The helmet had a green stripe.

Colour-blind?  Color is the US way to spell it.  Apparently we are the only English speaking country to spell it that way.  How lazy are we in the US to take out one letter?:laughbounce2:

Edited by steve454
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Aren't those shoes yellow?  Am I going colour-blind?  Super cool helmet BTW.  :thumbup:

@Moltimondi - I think I recognized @fabio70mi in the video.  Is his IPS still making sounds?

yes that was  @fabio70miwith his legendary IPS with a squirrel inside... No sound that day, it was probably too cold for the poor squirrel ;-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Moltimondi said:

yes that was  @fabio70miwith his legendary IPS with a squirrel inside... No sound that day, it was probably too cold for the poor squirrel ;-)

I had to watch the video again, looking for an IPS.  Still did not see it.  Was it the wheel with the red padding on the front?  If so, now I know that the LHotz is a very narrow wheel.

After watching the video again, I really listened to the music, good song and good editing.  It was about being Milano, right?

Also, great group ride!  

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I had to watch the video again, looking for an IPS.  Still did not see it.  Was it the wheel with the red padding on the front?  If so, now I know that the LHotz is a very narrow wheel.

After watching the video again, I really listened to the music, good song and good editing.  It was about being Milano, right?

Yep, the wheel with the red paddins is @fabio70mi 's IPS. The song is a funny ironic song part of an artistic project that that invites people to sing about their complaints in a choir together with fellow complainers. It was made by different musicians in many cities all around the world. There is a version on youtube with english subs. Look for " Complaints choir milano sub ENG" and you can see what it's all about. It's quite funny

Edited by Moltimondi
typo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Moltimondi said:

Yep, the wheel with the red paddins is @fabio70mi 's IPS. The song is a funny ironic song part of an artistic project that that invites people to sing about their complaints in a choir together with fellow complainers. It was made by different musicians in many cities all around the world. There is a version on youtube with english subs. Look for " Complaints choir milano sub ENG" and you can see what it's all about. It's quite funny

I got to 2:52 and turned it off.  Why complain when the place looks great?  Seems like after WW2, every other country involved in the war is doing a lot better than the US.  God, I wish I was born European!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Edited by steve454

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I got to 2:52 and turned it off.  Why complain when the place looks great?  Seems like after WW2, every other country involved in the war is doing a lot better than the US.  God, I wish I was born European!

it's just that in Milano we have a dark sense of humor. Trust me, in what may seem like a distorted way, this is a love song for Milano

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Seems like after WW2, every other country involved in the war is doing a lot better than the US.  God, I wish I was born European!

Are you kidding?  Have you heard of the "PIIGS" economies of Europe?  Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain.  Countries whose economies have substantial instabilities, including massive unemployment.  Think again.  The grass is not greener on the other side. At least not in the country you identified.

As for Britain.  We have been paying the US back for ww2, ever since 1950.  On 31 December 2006, Britain made a final payment of about $83m (£45.5m). Total repaid in todays money, over $4 Billion.

Trust me, Europe remaind broken for decades after the war.  And issues created by the partitioning of Europe, and the fall of the iron curtain, still reverberate to this day.  Europe ran red with blood for years after the war ended, as one group after another exacted revenge on its historical enemies.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Seems like after WW2, every other country involved in the war is doing a lot better than the US.  God, I wish I was born European!

LOL - have you actually tried to live outside the US for any period of time? (overseas military duty doesn't count) Take a hard look at those other countries before dissing your own.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Are you kidding?  Have you heard of the "PIIGS" economies of Europe?  Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain.  Countries whose economies have substantial instabilities, including massive unemployment.  Think again.  The grass is not greener on the other side. At least not in the country you identified.

Maybe not.  But the buildings look incredibly well made.  Sweden and Finland look great.  England looks great.  Rain is a plus.

10 minutes ago, litewave said:

LOL - have you actually tried to live outside the US for any period of time? (overseas military duty doesn't count) Take a hard look at those other countries before dissing your own.

I still wish I was born in Scotland.

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I still wish I was born in Scotland.

The funniest thing I've heard said about Scotland,  too good not to share:

It rains a lot, and it can be quite windy.  Someone once said its the only place in the world where you can be hit by the same raindrop twice

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Also, great group ride!  

Yeah, I liked the choice of music too :thumbup:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

This does seem like a rather bizarre statement. I harbor no ill will towards Europe,  but the amount of growth and opportunity in the United States following WW2 has been astounding. I didn't even think that there was any question about that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

Colour-blind?  Color is the US way to spell it.  Apparently we are the only English speaking country to spell it that way.  How lazy are we in the US to take out one letter?:laughbounce2:

We also spell center a little weird as in centre.  The center of a circle is still spelled center, but a medical centre has the "r" and "e" reversed.  I'm not sure if it's due to the French influence up here.

Grey is more common than gray, but both are acceptable.  Some people spell Quentin Tarintino as Quantum Tarintino, or they might be referring to a lesser known sibling.  I don't know.

The letter "Z" is also pronounced "zed." Saying it that way to someone from the US might give you some odd looks or questions about it.  Saying "zee" makes more sense to them although both are recognized in Canada.

@Marty Backe  Red Elvises?  :w00t2:  BTW, aren't you riding that KS18S backwards?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

<snip>

@Marty Backe  Red Elvises?  :w00t2:  BTW, aren't you riding that KS18S backwards?

Love the Elvises - figures that you would know of them. Wonder why :confused1:

No matter how I ride this wheel people have told me I'm riding it backwards, so I give up :blink:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kour said:

so what do ya think about that 18s? looks fun!

I'm holding back my opinion until I have some more miles under my belt. But clearly it is fun to ride :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

...as if there really was a "backwards" on most wheels!  The King Songs have headlights and brakelights on both sides I think so whether the power button and charge port are in the front or back while riding likely isn't very important.  Maybe it's just more convenient to turn off if the button is in the "front."

Actually I've never heard of the Red Elvises.  Was just reacting to the name!  ;)  Catchy tune though!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1