THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

18 hours ago, litewave said:

Thinking ahead, it would be great if we, as a community, would create a repository of rider biostatistics and wheel metrics, to study the physical benefits of EUC riding.

Here are the splits.

61858.png

61857.png

A 5 minute split is 12 mph . Setting up and recording a movie in split 1 took a half hour.

1 hour ago, Tilmann said:

Totally unfair: My daughter at her first EUC training. Not only did she manage to ride on her own within minutes, she also looked terrific doing it (whilst I remember making a total fool out of myself for weeks in the beginning...):

Ok, she mastered normal (manual? Or is it called "pedual") unicycles before. Guess, that helps.

That's great. Is this video literally taken a few minutes after she first tried getting on it? Wow.

So you've been riding for a long time now, why did it take so long for her to try riding one? Do you think she's going to eventually get one for herself?

• Upvote 1

@Marty Backe Have you ever considered contacting Gotway China about becoming a test rider for them?  It'd be very valuable for them to just send you a beta testing version of whatever wheel they have in the pipeline and get your feedback.  I'm doubtful their riders in China use their wheels under the kind of stress conditions that you can put them under with mountain riding.   It seems like it could be a happy medium between the overly long and drawn out testing phase that Ninebot is undergoing with the Z series and the current Gotway method of little pre-release testing. 

Honestly, I thought they should have sent you a Tesla gratis and considered about emailing them to that end.  Much as I like Tishawn's videos, I wasn't overly enthused that he was sent a prototype to test and you weren't. 

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thing is that Tishawn has a pretty "big" channel and some more viewers than Marty.

And it wasnt GW China who provided Tishawn a wheel, it was GW america...who saw an advantage to give Tishawn a wheel and to get known to some more Euc enthusiast and to get the name GW america a bit more around. 

I would also love to see Marty as tester...but i am not so sure he is that unbiased ;-) @Marty Backe ??? Just a joke ;-)

Btw. Have you measured the temp on the Tesla after this impressive drive?

It wasn't a very hot day (mid-70's), so the temperature never got much above 50 degrees Celsius 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

For the most part I don't believe these Chinese companies know that we exist. Sure they pop into here once a year and maybe likewise on Facebook, but their bread and butter must come from the Asia market.

I would never presume to have any influence. I'm a bit player, but I love riding these wheels and try to spread a little of my enthusiasm with videos.

Would anyone believe anything I said if I were given a wheel? I wouldn't. When I see reviews (even wheel reviews) made by people who were given or loaned the product, their objectivity goes out the people. It's human nature.

I've toyed with the idea of setting up Patreon for the sole purpose of getting funds to acquire new wheels and put them through their paces and provide objective reviews of the results. After a few months I would give the wheel away to one of the Patreons based on a random drawing.

I'm going to see how my dedicated http://youtube.com/electricunicycles channel grows and try and judge if Patreon would work.

Thanks for your suggestion :D

Very good idea with Patreon...but i doubt this will work out.

unfortunatly we are a to small community. Thats what most people dont get, Euc is THAT small. Several things are in our way. Learning curve, legislation etc etc. I hope when Ninebot jumps into the game again we get some more attention and bigger, hopefully!

Nonetheless: Very good job...if somebody should be testing GW wheels, it should be you!

i would subtract about 30% of your opinion and would have an unbiased opionion then ;-) Or 50%?

Edited by KingSong69

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

For the most part I don't believe these Chinese companies know that we exist. Sure they pop into here once a year and maybe likewise on Facebook, but their bread and butter must come from the Asia market.

I would never presume to have any influence. I'm a bit player, but I love riding these wheels and try to spread a little of my enthusiasm with videos.

Would anyone believe anything I said if I were given a wheel? I wouldn't. When I see reviews (even wheel reviews) made by people who were given or loaned the product, their objectivity goes out the people. It's human nature.

I've toyed with the idea of setting up Patreon for the sole purpose of getting funds to acquire new wheels and put them through their paces and provide objective reviews of the results. After a few months I would give the wheel away to one of the Patreons based on a random drawing.

I'm going to see how my dedicated http://youtube.com/electricunicycles channel grows and try and judge if Patreon would work.

Thanks for your suggestion :D

I actually disagree with your comment about lacking influence.  You're the Jerry Lewis of EUCers; they love you in France!   :P

That said, I hear what you're saying about the bigger picture and how the North American market isn't their focus.

Your comment about discounting reviews of those who don't pay for their wheel is a wise one.  I let a sponsored V8 review influence me more than it should have, in retrospect.  Ironically, the same reviewer was sent another wheel by Jason to test (KS14D) and it didn't come across as authentic in the same way I felt the V8 one did.  

*edit: actually, I think the reviewer I'm referring to paid for his V8.  The KS14D wasn't paid for, though, and even though he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about it, I couldn't take it seriously.

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I really do think I offer objective views of the wheels. I very much like KingSong and Gotway wheels and I have no problem identifying faults with both companies.

Yeah, I have my doubts about Patreon, but it's something I've thought about.

Yes, you do! I never doubt that! You are a true GW fan...but also dont have problems to see/identify their shortcomings!

But as you stated....as soon as someone gets his wheel paid...like for example Tishawn..it gets difficult....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

King Song KS-18S Trolley Handle Mod Video...

Nice video and mod. Does look like a solid trolley. Did you consider attaching the bottom to the pedal brackets instead of the shell. That's what I did with my KS14C using some threaded rod. The pedal bracket slots are nicely exposed on the KS18 too. Something to consider for any others that are thinking of doing the same.

I like those industrial zip ties - I need to add those to my toolkit.

Funny at the end - you really can't keep yourself from bashing Gotway :D

P.S. This should probably be posted to the KingSong forum and/or the Repair/Mods forum instead of the video thread.

Edited by Marty Backe

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video and mod. Does look like a solid trolley. Did you consider attaching the bottom to the pedal brackets instead of the shell. That's what I did with my KS14C using some threaded rod. The pedal bracket slots are nicely exposed on the KS18 too. Something to consider for any others that are thinking of doing the same.

P.S. This should probably be posted to the KingSong forum and/or the Repair/Mods forum instead of the video thread.

Did you make a video on the KS14C?  I'm not sure what the pedal bracket slots are.  Also, the KS18S is pretty thick compared to the KS14C, not sure if it can reach the pedal.  It sits nicely in the groove.  Sorry, couldn't help myself comparing it to the Msuper.  When it sucks it sucks.  I wonder if this trolly handle would fit on the Gotway... hm....  

Noted, will post it on the Mods forum...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I didn't like seeing him use the case for the trolley mount either. I feel a crash is much more likely to crack the case instead of bend the trolley (which is what you want). I've got the KS14c with the threaded trolley through the pedals and in my opinion that's the optimal trolley setup. It doesn't mess up the internals of the wheel, it can sacrifice itself during crashes, it bolts onto one of the strongest parts of the wheel (well, maybe not with the paper thin axle of the KS14c), and it is easy to replace. 

Edit: damn, I think he could have put the trolley through the pedals. He might have had to minimally bend through lower legs, maybe not. 

Heh, but the MSuper is so ridiculously bad. 

Edited by LanghamP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I didn't like seeing him use the case for the trolley mount either. I feel a crash is much more likely to crack the case instead of bend the trolley (which is what you want). I've got the KS14c with the threaded trolley through the pedals and in my opinion that's the optimal trolley setup. It doesn't mess up the internals of the wheel, it can sacrifice itself during crashes, it bolts onto one of the strongest parts of the wheel (well, maybe not with the paper thin axle of the KS14c), and it is easy to replace. 

Edit: damn, I think he could have put the trolley through the pedals. He might have had to minimally bend through lower legs, maybe not. 

Heh, but the MSuper is so ridiculously bad. 

this is how @kingsong69 did both his KS18 and KS18S.  it is a tested solution and tested through crashes.  The case on the 18S is thick.  I don't see it breaking due to any crash. 

I cant imagine how you can bolt it to the pedal.  maybe my imagination is limited.  But if you look at the video and how the trolly sits on the two side walls, this is a great solution.  The side walls brace and support the trolley handle.  I just googled the pedal trolley mod on the 14c. I don't think it is a good solution for this trolley handle.  it isn't even possible and if it is, would not be sturdy because the rod will need to be long.  

• Like 2