THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's a short video that demonstrates the ease of which you can mount and dismount from the Gotway Mten3. Just because it's a twitchy little beast of a wheel does not been that it can't be fully controlled.

Always practice some of the basics every time you ride.

So true. I haven’t ridden much this month on account of the weather and I definitely feel less sure of myself compared to the summer. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

A short video of Christmas lights on a street not far from where I live. A few houses have really brightened up the holiday with Christmas lights. Gotway Monster for a ride plus 360fly for video.

Wow that is some serious set up.  I'm too lazy to just put out the two deers and some candy canes.

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Is that long? All the piers in Southern California seem about the same length.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Is that long? All the piers in Southern California seem about the same length.

Actually, probably not.  The pier in Jacksonville, FL, that I visited while stationed there looks about the same length.  But that one and the Hermosa pier struck me as being way too high over the water.  When fishing, you have to crank and crank for a long time to get the fish up. Seemed like the pier could have been 5 feet over the water and been just as good.

http://www.jacksonvillebeach.org/visitors/what-do/jacksonville-fishing-pier

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Actually, probably not.  The pier in Jacksonville, FL, that I visited while stationed there looks about the same length.  But that one and the Hermosa pier struck me as being way too high over the water.  When fishing, you have to crank and crank for a long time to get the fish up. Seemed like the pier could have been 5 feet over the water and been just as good.

http://www.jacksonvillebeach.org/visitors/what-do/jacksonville-fishing-pier

That's true, besides being long there are all very tall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Jacksonville, FL,

I drove to Key West, passing through or near Jacksonville, FL around 1999. My boss (Bruns) had sent me to the Massachusetts Eye and Ear for a year to research a new gene (RPGR) discovered by a European group. The gene was not well received by the lab where I did the work. Much skepticism about it existed. I'd published as a coauthor with Bruns several times. The website called PubMed searched with the keywords Bruns, Eisenman brings up those papers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=bruns%2C+eisenman

If you PubMed search for Eisenman, RPGR there are no entries returned.

If you PubMed search for Bruns, RPGR you'll find a published paper where I'm not a coauthor but I'm credited with tech assistance at the end.

So...the story was that despite skepticism I found some 'pathogenic mutations' which were presented at a conference in Ft. Lauderdale. I was euphoric at having found something , since dropping out of a master's program in 1977 never looked good on my resume. A year before the conference presentation ,when I started to get some 'pathogenic' results I took a week off and drove South to Key West.

The presentation where I was an 'author' was included in the 'supplementary' attachment to the conferences publication of abstracts presented.

63397.jpg

Shortly after the conference presentation the European group reported on an 'alternatively spliced variant' of the gene called RPGR which accounted for vastly larger numbers of patients with x chromosome linked night blindness. My contribution to science became lost in the glow of the new alternatively spliced gene variant. I was asked to hand my work to the next researcher in line. The publication of their work with my boss 'Bruns' is found by PubMed searching with the terms 'Bruns, RPGR'

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10937588/

My career prospects in the area of vision research were over.

My drive to Key West with a side trip to the Kennedy  Space Center still come to mind, following my 'pathogenic gene mutation' discoveries, made before the alternatively spliced variant report hit the news.

When I started my RPGR work (1999ish) there was only one paper on the subject. Now there are hundreds of papers which include RPGR in the title.

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Low piers and hurricanes have issues during storms not to mention 'low overhead' for surfers during storms.

63389.png

i rented a condo on jax beach just north of the pier while i was being irradiated in jax.

8ADC7174-9663-4C4B-8E4C-77E3B78639B0.jpeg

60589E85-91B1-4AEC-B983-A09B874813B8.jpeg

81EBC11A-2718-4CE7-A41F-09BAF955453F.jpeg

74281BCD-5E4C-4795-9FDB-3290D7699529.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2017 at 6:44 PM, Moltimondi said:

First EUC Milano Group Ride

Great video!  The second person from the right, what is the wheel he rides,  I don't remember seeing one like it?  At 5:17 you rode past some very cool looking apartment buildings, very futuristic design.  And at 6:00 the very tall fire hydrant, much better design than US low style.  Looks much easier to attach hoses at waist height.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 4:44 PM, Moltimondi said:

First EUC Milano Group Ride

That was fantastic. I love the enthusiasm of all the riders. I wish I was there :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kour said:

Quick twilight run on acm

Nice video, nice gear. :efee6b18f3: That's the TSG Pro Carbon Shoot, correct? It looks very new, how do you like it so far? Did you buy from TSG in SoCal, Amazon or eBay? It's a lot more green than the photos on the TSG website. 

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, steve454 said:

Great video!  The second person from the right, what is the wheel he rides,  I don't remember seeing one like it?  At 5:17 you rode past some very cool looking apartment buildings, very futuristic design.  And at 6:00 the very tall fire hydrant, much better design than US low style.  Looks much easier to attach hoses at waist height.

That wheel is a cheap chinese generic one..i wouldnt recommend it :-) I dont have the name...just a link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Electric-Unicycle-One-wheel-Bluetooth-scooter-hover-board-electric-scooter-Single-Wheel-Monowheel-self-balancing-scooter/2403062_32727235127.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.4043ab7eixz09i

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thanks, @KingSong69  Interesting, it is very inexpensive but it has a bluetooth speaker and a headlight.

Edited by steve454

@litewave thanks man... I know the quality's kinda crappy. yeah, it's a carbon pass pro helmet.. a bit pricey, but actually that one I'm wearing is on sale right now on tsg's website, which is where I ended up buying it from awhile ago. I had a shoei motorcycle helmet before that but it just felt so heavy - either a downhill skater or bmx helmet is the way to go imo. also, I was running on about 40% and only disabled first alarm - otherwise I woulda been flying without any beeps!

• Like 3