THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

10 hours ago, diegoxxx said:

hello anybody knows and has the same problem i am..the fast wheel tesla my wheel vibrates i have to think the beat i mean the faster the movie effect

I would deflate, reseat, inflate the tyre - maybe with a quick check of the rim to make sure there's no stupid damage or something.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Yup. This kind of thing normally happens when battery level is low. Also, if there's not enough power/torque left at speeds+braking, if the wheel can't get itself out of the hole quick enough, it will shut off. Just like when I drop my X3 down a hole, it shut off because it can't climb out in time. Another time, the X3 dumped me off the back because I was doing max speed into a hard brake with 1-bar battery left - just like in the Tesla video. With a big step, my V8 pedals flex downwards significantly too, but didn't shut off. For Tesla to shut off like this, besides being a problematic wheel, it could be a combination of factors - speed+braking+hole+bodyposition+battery.

Yeah, you can see that there is a clear line between the road and the bridge where he falls.

tesla-crash.jpg.37aa0931e3c28b6b289527325db050e0.jpg

The picture is both funny and scary. The wheel couldn't keep up after the hole, and just stopped, the guy OTOH probably stood a bit forward on the pedals and as the wheel stopped you see him standing in the air like some Wile E. Coyote from Looney Tunes who hasn't yet realised he's screwed...

Edited by Scatcat
  • Upvote 1

Friend of the Tesla victim seems to vaguely recall the wheel having 80+% battery at the moment of the crash. If so, then its really strange. Should have the power to overcome that small road undulation. Something may be wrong with his unit. Anyway, wheel was still ride-able after the crash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In the slo-mo it looked like the Tesla got confused about which way was up, it wasn't a typical overlean where the wheel just moves forward limply. The pedals tilted forward to a 45 degree angle when it hit the bump and stayed there until the rider lost control. That would seem to indicate it was some sort of gyro failure.

My Firewheel has a behavior that's similar but not as extreme. When I'm going over rough terrain, even at low speeds, the bumpiness seems to make the gyro tilt forwards a bit. Even if I'm leaning backwards a bit, it wants to lean forwards on bumpy terrain.

• Upvote 2

EUC riding at speeds is inherently dangerous. Besides standard safety gears to protect against possible human errors, environmental hazards, EUC defects etc., insurance coverage adds a vital additional layer of protection (for self & third-party). I personally subscribed to one. Its cheap and provides peace of mind.

image.thumb.png.18216c8012207cc5989e405bb6eade28.png

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

EUC riding at speeds is inherently dangerous. Besides standard safety gears to protect against possible human errors, environmental hazards, EUC defects etc., insurance coverage adds a vital additional layer of protection (for self & third-party). I personally subscribed to one. Its cheap and provides peace of mind.

image.thumb.png.18216c8012207cc5989e405bb6eade28.png

I wonder if they would pay out of you were riding an illegal transportation device at the time you or the other person was injured.

And yes, EUCs are inherently dangerous but I feel manufactures are taking liberties and shortcuts to rush release dates, bring down cost, and/or to claim the fastest/largest range throne. These decisions contribute to making EUCs more dangerous than they should or need to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

for sale three eucs never used or trade for this thing

Oh for God's Sake's just take 1/20th of the time you spend typing on this forum and put that into stepping on an EUC. Even just standing on an EUC leaning against a wall helps a lot.

• Like 1

it’s dark out but my road is looking good. a little cramped living in a cargo container. 

i’m serious, i want that thing, maybe the drone version. 

no hurry on the wheels. i like torturing u.

Edited by novazeus

On 11/15/2017 at 8:49 AM, YoshiSkySun said:

CicLAvia is an amazing recurring event that's suitable for everyone. It is soulful and collaborative, fostering community spirit, joy and festive exercise under the nurturing sunshine. Adults, kids, puppies, bikers, skaters, runners, hikers, meeting old friends, strangers becoming friends, music, lakes, bridges, tunnels, food and lots of it, discovering new mom and pop shops. CicLAvia was awesome, I loved it!

Great video Yoshi. I really hope to join you next time. What happened to @Stan Onymous? He was there briefly at the beginning and end, but mostly not there. He must have been off doing his own thing?

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

for sale three eucs never used or trade for this thing

Unfortunately trading 3 wheels for Zapata’s gear would not cut it but you might try this cheaper approach.;)

37624724975_23ab9a6a3a_b.jpg

• Like 3