THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

25 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

My first attempt at a drone/wheel video.

KS16S and Mavic Pro set to Profile Active Trac.  The link is my google drive, let me know if the link works ?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xn6XWZuwdZsttpbmBO9OMbrakkBKk7TR

The Mavic did a great job keeping you in the center of the screen.  Dayum, that's a huge parking lot!  I'm guessing a stadium somewhere.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve454 said:

The Mavic did a great job keeping you in the center of the screen.  Dayum, that's a huge parking lot!  I'm guessing a stadium somewhere.

You are right.......parking lot for Coors Field where the Rockies play, used to be the old Denver rail yards, hence the length.......well over a mile long! The section on the other side of me is butter smooth concrete, but too close to the light poles for the drone to be safe so I had to stay on the Tarmac ?

• Like 1

This just made my day. The new IOS 11.1.1 update automatically took a batch of photos off my IPhone 7 Plus and edited them to music. I had a folder containing various photos from my ACM 1600 rebuild and the program just spliced them all together and added music. My wife loves the update that combined our family photos. Fun concept!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gotmotion2016 said:

Not my video, and then people think EUC riding is dangerous .:efee96588e:

And we need full protection when we ride 30 km or above. :cry2:

These guys and girls have probebly different thougts about that. :w00t2:

It's great to be able to live vicariously by being able to watch videos like this. I wonder how fast they were actually going?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's great to be able to live vicariously by being able to watch videos like this. I wonder how fast they were actually going?

About 100km/hr (2016 IDF World Qualifying race)

Mt. Ruapehu is a must-visit if you go to NZ btw.

Crunchie is insane. Great videos on his channel, though (I've been a fan for a while). :lol:

Edited by litewave
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, litewave said:

About 100km/hr (2016 IDF World Qualifying race)

Mt. Ruapehu is a must-visit if you go to NZ btw.

Crunchie is insane. Great videos on his channel, though (I've been a fan for a while). :lol:

Subscribed. Cool stuff, and makes me feel nice and safe even when I'm riding 25mph :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

KS16S and Mavic Pro set to Profile Active Trac.  The link is my google drive, let me know if the link works ?

Works very well ??????

Can you make it turn around to get different angles/points of view of you?

I was tempted to get a drone for the same purpose....but with all the new wheels coming next year ????

that is a big empty parking lot btw....

14 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Link works. Tracking seems pretty good, too (maybe no surprise at this short distance). If you put the drone a bit further away, we can see more of the surroundings.:efee47c9c8:

That matte black 16S looks nice.

5 hours ago, Imarconi said:

Works very well ??????

Can you make it turn around to get different angles/points of view of you?

I was tempted to get a drone for the same purpose....but with all the new wheels coming next year ????

that is a big empty parking lot btw....

Yeah, it has several different "Follow Me" modes and you can manually adjust position and altitude while in some of these Active Trac modes. The new drones like the Mavic have some amazing capabilities.

The parking lot is huge!!  The video only covers about a third of it, I'm making it my personal Wheel playground (when there is no Baseball game going on) ??

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Link works. Tracking seems pretty good, too (maybe no surprise at this short distance). If you put the drone a bit further away, we can see more of the surroundings.:efee47c9c8:

That matte black 16S looks nice.

I'll do a bit more of an overview next time. I'll include a view of the stadium and how huge the lot is.......we will be getting snow and cold at some point soon, so I may have to work around the weather ?

I like the matte black too, but it does show the scratches .......I have a KS 18S too in the glossy black, can't decide which finish I like better ?

13 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i don’t know u, but i like u. pls be careful. ur a lot younger than me and u should heal much better, but all of our life injuries, act up as we get older. i’m sure u know that.

Thanks @novazeus. BTW, I'm not that much younger than you (57), so healing comes slower for me too now :(

Edited by Marty Backe

36 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very first impressions of my new Tesla. @Jason McNeil at EWheels was kind enough to keep one in reserve for me, so when I called to see if he was truly sold out, he made my day with the news. So I drove down to his warehouse and picked it up.

This guy is fast :D :w00t2: :cry2:

You said exactly what i feeled:

Not comparable to a ACM....much stiffer ride mode...rock hard pedals :-) Finally!!! a nice ride mode!

so you -again- couldnt resist. haha... :-) But it was worth it, or?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

You said exactly what i feeled:

Not comparable to a ACM....much stiffer ride mode...rock hard pedals :-) Finally!!! a nice ride mode!

so you -again- couldnt resist. haha... :-) But it was worth it, or?

Yes, worth it! I'm going to enjoy they wheel. It doesn't have the range that I like (looks to be in the ~30 fast mile range), but I have a few others wheels that can satisfy that requirement.

Love the stiffness of the pedals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, worth it! I'm going to enjoy they wheel. It doesn't have the range that I like (looks to be in the ~30 fast mile range), but I have a few others wheels that can satisfy that requirement.

Love the stiffness of the pedals.

Aaaah....wait a bit, before you say that...

From my experience it is pretty good at consumption!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Aaaah....wait a bit, before you say that...

From my experience it is pretty good at consumption!

Well, I'm at 24 miles with <40% battery. But yes, I'll give it time. But obviously it can't compare to the 1600wh MSuper.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Well, I'm at 24 miles with <40% battery. But yes, I'll give it time. But obviously it can't compare to the 1600wh MSuper.

Yeah, sure, but first ride was certainly a lot of braking, accelerating, dancing and going some faster for test...

So on a „normal ride“ i would guess it makes 40miles easy, but we will see :-)

Sure, its no 1600wh...but as good as a 1300 perhaps....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks @novazeus. BTW, I'm not that much younger than you (57), so healing comes slower for me too now :(

idk, i think each year after 57 seem to count or feel like at least 3 years. around these young girls it does. so that would make me 18 years older than u. 

knowing as little as i know these things, i figure riding one at 30 mph is about like riding standing on my bumper on my polaris with an ex gf driving. never knowing when she was gonna slam on the brakes. i’ve been flung from a horse pretty fast in my pasture and survived but i hate to think what asphalt would taste like. obviously with me taking this long to get going on these wheels, i love going slow. going fast is highly overrated.  i could never ride with y’all, i’d be going 5 mph. i like smelling the roses. these full displacement trawler yachts i’m looking at probably do best around 8 mph.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

idk, i think each year after 57 seem to count or feel like at least 3 years. around these young girls it does. so that would make me 18 years older than u. 

knowing as little as i know these things, i figure riding one at 30 mph is about like riding standing on my bumper on my polaris with an ex gf driving. never knowing when she was gonna slam on the brakes. i’ve been flung from a horse pretty fast in my pasture and survived but i hate to think what asphalt would taste like. obviously with me taking this long to get going on these wheels, i love going slow. going fast is highly overrated.  i could never ride with y’all, i’d be going 5 mph. i like smelling the roses. these full displacement trawler yachts i’m looking at probably do best around 8 mph.

I was going max 25mph in the flyby on the video. I don't ride faster than that, and most times I'm closer to ~20mph. FYI :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Very first impressions of my new Tesla. @Jason McNeil at EWheels was kind enough to keep one in reserve for me, so when I called to see if he was truly sold out, he made my day with the news. So I drove down to his warehouse and picked it up.

This guy is fast :D :w00t2: :cry2:

You dog!  :) I knew you could not resist! Great video as always! So when are we going to see this spacious EUC storage closet or is it a pole barn?:lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1