THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Kael said:

What's the thing on your neck?

Nice helmet! But then I saw the price... Wow.

The 'white' thing? That's a sun-shield, attached to my helmet. It helps to keep my neck from turning to leather :) 

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Excellent video as always Marty! There should be an award for the best EUC cinematography! You win!

38134097061_7579281401_z.jpg

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I have fun creating these. I'm trying to capture the beauty of riding wheels.

• Like 1

Not my video. Just found this.

In an environment like this, I think I'd just use the road. Really shows how there's no actually usable, comprehensive bike infrastructure (not just there, everywhere, even in so called bike friendly places). The most practical parts are the alleyways - dependably no one in your way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

He's also a bit of a choch.  

I had seen that link a long time ago but never followed it until your repost.  I never knew chooch was so small, 5 foot 3 and 115 pounds.  He would have been crazy to attack someone bigger than him.

I guess the charges were dropped, he is still making videos.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

In the comments below one of his videos, he said someone tried to take a wheel from him, and he had to stab the guy to get away, or something like that.

I don't think anyone tried to take his wheel. There was some kind of altercation at a intersection between him on his wheel and a driver. In the fight that followed he used a knife on the other guy. Not excusable but none of us know the circumstances. I'm guessing he was found not guilty as he isn't in jail.

Looking at the videos he has produced he always seems to thank stopped vehicles and people /bikes that give way to him. It makes me feel inclined to believe he's a decent kid and was probably  genuinely in fear of his life at the time. He might ride too quickly in some pedestrian areas but he shows superior control of his wheel. It seems a little unfair to keep bringing up an incident we know nothing about rather than acknowledge he is probably one of the most capable EUC riders around. 

(and he's I know he had an issue with Speedyfeet that didn't cast him in a good light but that is unrelated to the knife incident) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I don't think anyone tried to take his wheel. There was some kind of altercation at a intersection between him on his wheel and a driver. In the fight that followed he used a knife on the other guy. Not excusable but none of us know the circumstances. I'm guessing he was found not guilty as he isn't in jail.

Looking at the videos he has produced he always seems to thank stopped vehicles and people /bikes that give way to him. It makes me feel inclined to believe he's a decent kid and was probably  genuinely in fear of his life at the time. He might ride too quickly in some pedestrian areas but he shows superior control of his wheel. It seems a little unfair to keep bringing up an incident we know nothing about rather than acknowledge he is probably one of the most capable EUC riders around. 

(and he's I know he had an issue with Speedyfeet that didn't cast him in a good light but that is unrelated to the knife incident) 

I think what probably happened was the guy in the car said something, he said F U or something back, and the guy in the car jumped him.  But you are right, we don't know the whole story.

That's why I don't like reading newspapers or watching the news on TV.  They just give enough information to grab your attention, then move to the next story.

He might even be a bad person, who knows?  But some of his videos are interesting, and he rides very well.  (and fast)  And when they showed the short clip of him riding the Ninebot, he rode like a responsible person, not flashy or showing off.  To me it almost looked like good for EUC's (to be on the news) except for the bad reason he was on the news in the first place.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The stabbing thing was sketchy, and the Speedyfeet incident kinda verified it for me.    Posting bad reviews of a company under different usernames out of spite with no valid reason?  :rolleyes:   Sure maybe Speedyfeet could be making that all up and trying to spin things, but judging from their general history of treating customers and reputation I somehow doubt that.

I don't care if Chooch is a master EUC rider.  I think there's enough for me to draw my own conclusions at this point.  Whether that means anything to anyone else it doesn't really matter to me.  We each are free to judge a person's character based on their own criteria.  I certainly might be wrong, but I'm probably not.  :innocent1:  If I were an EUC dealer he'd be on my banned buyer list.

I would ban him also.  I wouldn't sell or give him one.

• Upvote 2

On 31.10.2017 at 3:23 AM, Marty Backe said:

:D

In all honesty, you'll never see me riding at 15°C. 18°C is about as low as I'll go. Fortunately it's rare that the temp's get even that cold during the day :thumbup:

18°C? That's hilarious! I will not go windsurfing below 10°C, while that being the sum of air and water temperature. You Southern Californians get pampered way to much by all that warm weather...

Spoiler

secretly thinking of relocating to California...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slaughthammer said:

18°C? That's hilarious! I will not go windsurfing below 10°C, while that being the sum of air and water temperature. You Southern Californians get pampered way to much by all that warm weather...

Hide contents

secretly thinking of relocating to California...

I can live with myself, being pampered :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The stabbing thing was sketchy, and the Speedyfeet incident kinda verified it for me.    Posting bad reviews of a company under different usernames out of spite with no valid reason?  

The whole thing was sketchy.  Plus riding a ninebot?  Seems like bad publicity.  He didn't really think he would get some money from Ninebot, did he?  Almost like that guy that set up (or seemingly did) a bad fall.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

Interesting. I never knew that about him. In later videos he mentions that, "if you see a guy or gal wearing a video camera or with lights then you know they mean business in whatever they are trying to do. They will follow up." He probably an offshoot of that incident. Based on the statement, I think he probably wears a camera at all times. Probably not a bad idea. He also talks about waving people down and having his lights flashing at all times. Guy probably nearly hit him crossing the street and they had words. 

10 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Interesting. I never knew that about him. In later videos he mentions that, "if you see a guy or gal wearing a video camera or with lights then you know they mean business in whatever they are trying to do. They will follow up." He probably an offshoot of that incident. Based on the statement, I think he probably wears a camera at all times. Probably not a bad idea. He also talks about waving people down and having his lights flashing at all times. Guy probably nearly hit him crossing the street and they had words. 

I will not judge one way or the other, not being there. Since he's out, even though charged with using a knife to stab someone, I guess there were circumstances around the situation that the courts found mitigating...

I will say this though: He rides way faster than I would allow myself on pavements that he share with pedestrians. Some bike-paths here are marked out on the side-walk with no physical boundary except lines on the ground. I feel I can go faster there, than on the normal side-walk, but I go slower than on physically separated bike-paths. There is always a risk of some stupid f-k looking down his/her phone and suddenly crossing the bike-path...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2