THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

It sure looked like you were going a lot faster!  There was this woosh and a jet engine sound as you zipped by plus the camera rocked a bit.  :blink:  You could almost hear this sonic boom occur as you rode past... :w00t2:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It sure looked like you were going a lot faster!  There was this woosh and a jet engine sound as you zipped by plus the camera rocked a bit.  :blink:

Does your Tesla woosh in the snow?;) I sincerely hope you have been able to ride your new wheel buddy! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:efeec46606:  No, it just squeeks in the kitchen.  :crying:  This is the view out my back door.  I think I've ridden it about 5 feet.  Also been busy with year end stuff so no fun for me.  When you joining the "Tesla" club, @Rehab1?  :thumbup:

553297_snowsnowsnow.jpg

OMG!! Well it is beautiful! Just keep the stuff in Canada!;) Regarding joining the Tesla Club I’m in a holding pattern for right now but if you demonstrate riding your wheel around in the snow with tire chains I just might give @Jason McNeil a call for the next batch he receives. :P Are you really all out of stock Jason?:crying:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:efeec46606:  No, it just squeeks in the kitchen.  :crying:  This is the view out my back door.  I think I've ridden it about 5 feet.  Also been busy with year end stuff so no fun for me.  When you joining the "Tesla" club, @Rehab1?  :thumbup:

553297_snowsnowsnow.jpg

Maybe when you get time you could find one of these.

Image result for parking garage

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah @KalSeth kindly offered the use of his enclosed parking facility, but I've been maybe rethinking the B-Line Bike Park to try.  Usually those parking lots are packed with cars this time of year with people backing up out of stalls and such it might be a little hazardous plus I bet mall security would be on my tail.  :eff01bbbfc:  It would be nice to find a warehouse for rent by the hour somewhere around, but that's not going to happen.  :efeebb3acc:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It sure looked like you were going a lot faster!  There was this woosh and a jet engine sound as you zipped by plus the camera rocked a bit.  :blink:  You could almost hear this sonic boom occur as you rode past... :w00t2:

i agree. watching that was almost like watching somebody get kicked in the balls, it’s not u but somehow u feel it. idk but there probably is a difference like with those longboarders. they are hauling ass probably kinda expecting to crash, kinda like me on my motorcycles, felt lkke a cat in a dog kennel. i could see how a wheel could lull u into complacency and get totally caught of guard by a crash. i’ll probably ride like hands up don’t shoot style. i’m ugly enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

i agree. watching that was almost like watching somebody get kicked in the balls, it’s not u but somehow u feel it. idk but there probably is a difference like with those longboarders. they are hauling ass probably kinda expecting to crash, kinda like me on my motorcycles, felt lkke a cat in a dog kennel. i could see how a wheel could lull u into complacency and get totally caught of guard by a crash. i’ll probably ride like hands up don’t shoot style. i’m ugly enough.

:laughbounce2:

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

553297_snowsnowsnow.jpg

Wow @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. Looks beautiful but awful at the same time. I am sooo glad that I don't have to deal with winter. My first 23 years of life were in Chicago, so I understand it perfectly. But never again.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I did get the flyby perfectly shot. I love the sense of speed, and that sound. The Tesla has a great sound to it. The high pitched whine of yesteryear looks to be gone for good. The Tesla is like a mini-jet.

I hope you get to experience yours sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You dog!  :) I knew you could not resist! Great video as always! So when are we going to see this spacious EUC storage closet or is it a pole barn?:lol:

Early resistance was tough, but Jason told me he would get me a replacement Mten3 control board flown in from China if I bought a Tesla. Need I say more?

Storage is becoming a problem. Yet I can't sell any of my currents wheels - they are all great :crying:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Early resistance was tough, but Jason told me he would get me a replacement Mten3 control board flown in from China if I bought a Tesla. Need I say more?

I’ve been away to long. Sorry to hear your Mten3 took a dump. I like @Jason McNeil’s subtle sales tactics: ‘You scratch my back  I’ll scratch yours’ . ;) 

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Storage is becoming a problem. Yet I can't sell any of my currents wheels - they are all great :crying:

Time to use your professional woodworking skills building a custom wheel storage rack equipped with a high tech computerized battery monitoring system dedicated to each wheel.  :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ve been away to long. Sorry to hear your Mten3 took a dump. I like @Jason McNeil’s subtle sales tactics: ‘You scratch my back  I’ll scratch yours’ . ;) 

Time to use your professional woodworking skills building a custom wheel storage rack equipped with a high tech computerized battery monitoring system dedicated to each wheel.  :)

Yeah, I posted a video in my main Mten3 thread that explains what happened. The Mten3 currently looks like the Tin Man (or R2D2 for you younger guys), stuffed in a box :(

I've been thinking of making an EUC shed for the outside (I don't have to worry about temperatures here). Just have to find the right location. Thanks for the reminder :)

@YoshiSkySun Nice scenes there!

Looks like you either go full power ranger, or no gear at all.

Also, nice ACM seated skills, but whenever I see seated riding, I think "one Gotway issue from not being able to walk again". At least with normal riding, your hands hit first. But seated, no chance for the knees. Have you ever opened the ACM and looked how tiny thin those motor cables are?:efee78d764: Getting scared every time I open the thing...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Meng Yang said:

Tesla crash! Looks like a combination of >40 kph + hard-braking + hole in the road + guy looking at phone with stiff body/legs i.e. full load of body & wheel catching the further edge of hole ... cutout!

Does anyone on the Forum understand what they are saying. It sounds like they are discussing what happened in the crash. Would be great to know a little more.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Does anyone on the Forum understand what they are saying. It sounds like they are discussing what happened in the crash. Would be great to know a little more.

They are saying that there is a pot hole on the road and that guy just rode too fast resulting the crash (around 40 km/h), but from what I see from the video are Fast Speed --> Hard Braking --> Gyro Malfunction making the Tesla nosedive just before totally cut-off. Really nasty for sure. :facepalm:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, z3n said:

They are saying that there is a pot hole on the road and that guy just rode too fast resulting the crash (around 40 km/h), but from what I see from the video are Fast Speed --> Hard Braking --> Gyro Malfunction making the Tesla nosedive just before totally cut-off. Really nasty for sure. :facepalm:

I really hope the rider did not sustain serious injury. Was there any comment about that?

• Like 3