THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Set your calendar for October 26th and join us at the 2019 Los Angeles EUC Games: https://www.laeucgames.com

I'm trying to convince the few riders down in San Diego to come up but it has been difficult.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

I'm trying to convince the few riders down in San Diego to come up but it has been difficult.

It's understandable - loooong drive :(

2 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

@Alien Rideswhat is the very first scooter in that video? I'm after a scooter at the moment for my Saturday morning shopping run.

The Weped GT50 specifically. It's an awesome looking scooter, maybe a little bit big/heavy for a shopping run, but it sure is beautiful. I did make a video on that scooter as well:

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Alien Rides  I just watched this video before posting my ride through downtown San Diego. I need to convince some more people here to buy these.... #lonely 

Riding solo is really a ton of fun, but with a group occasionally really changes things. Keep riding and posting videos and it's only a matter of time before you find some local riders.

• Like 1

I love watching everybody's videos. I'm embarrassed to say that since my motorcycle accident, I'm scared of travelling any great distances, especially by air (I don't like other people being in control of vehicles I'm in now). So I really do enjoy "sightseeing" by watching your videos, and seeing the places I wouldn't necessarily see if I was a tourist :) Thanks all :wub:

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 3

@Retrovertigo...thanks ! Cape Ann is a beautiful place.

I was catching up on Facebook and found that the wife of an old college friend died around Christmas 2017 from choking on food. The ride day was on his birthday. We messaged back and forth a bit on Facebook the night before, with me saying that I remembered being at the wedding.

He (a Lawyer now) and his wife and daughter had a condo in NYC with a view of the World Trade Center and New York harbor. After 9-11 his condo building was condemned from damage caused by falling debris. After 9-11 he moved back to Massachusetts. I remember is stories about flying to England on business with Barclay's bank.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That incessant rattling sound is from the handle.

I noticed that in the videos. Another reason is if you fall, the velcro might keep the handle from swinging up and hitting you in a sensitive spot.  :unsure:

(I figured the reason you haven't fixed it is because you're nostalgic over riding the 18XL offroad.)

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That incessant rattling sound is from the handle. I need to come up with some kind of Velcro solution. 

Awesome ride! You were going fast! Where the water washed out little ruts across the trail look like a solid jolt to ride over. But it seems like having some momentum helps. You see others on trails and going slow so the wheel balks when it hits an obstacle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That incessant rattling sound is from the handle. I need to come up with some kind of Velcro solution. 

Well good thing you have the KS18XL. You said it had handle/trolley rattling too. So you have experience with this now. 😉 Never had any issues myself, but then again I don't do "hardcore trails" that often. 

BTW what happened with you wheel as I don't recall it doing that in the beginning?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well good thing you have the KS18XL. You said it had handle/trolley rattling too. So you have experience with this now. 😉 Never had any issues myself, but then again I don't do "hardcore trails" that often. 

BTW what happened with you wheel as I don't recall it doing that in the beginning?

My Nikola handle has always rattled. You probably didn't notice it before because I haven't posted "off-road riding on the NIkola" videos before.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2019 at 3:25 AM, Alien Rides said:

EUCs in our mixed-PEV footage are growing, here's some footage of our recent group ride. I love the footage at the 2:25 mark, we have too much fun out there.

What EUC is that guy at 2:38 sitting on?

25 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

@stephenlovely bike! Was it bought off Amazon? I was looking at what I think was the same model at one point. Love those tyres on it. 

I actually bought it off eBay ,, used,, it's 350watt motor , this is the nearest I've seen , this one has 500watt motor and a 15ah battery , gets some good reviews, seems to be allot on ali if you shop about,

£1,020.44  6%OFF | Europe Warehouse 2 Wheel Fat Tire 500W Electric Bike With 48V 15ah Removable Battery for Adult Electric Bicycle Cycle
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kv6OtYk

• Like 1