THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I slowed down to use the grass beside the sidewalk to pass them. What I didn't see was the difference in height between the grass and another concrete sidewalk. Monster balked, pushed me up and off and flying into to grass I went.

I've warned people of the hidden dangers of grass, but nobody much believes me. That grass --> cement transition is hard to judge because the grass is blocking your view of how high it is. Grass is camouflage for a minefield of sprinklers, holes, bumps, sand, mud and God knows what.

I've done many years of astrophotography, I'll try to remember to post my best Saturn photo.

Edited by erk1024
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If I understood correctly throught the wind and the accent, he was riding 49km/h tops at the time of the accident. That absolutely should not be an issue for any MSX. Unless the battery was running very low.

I think the wheel was maxed out. Deffo more than 49kmh. Yes it was beeping like crazy but he didnt hear it over the wind and music. Lesson learned. He's no mug and has been riding the wheel for some time but every now and then I guess its easy to get carried away like we all do. He's looking at a Pebble for vibration alerts now.

51 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Another episode of our daily adventures:

Wow! Monika impresses me. She is due for an upgrade. The NB1 is not easy to deal with the slippery pedals under those circumstances...

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, erk1024 said:

I've done many years of astrophotography, I'll try to remember to post my best Saturn photo.

In the 1990s 'Prodigy' members had a user page with the ability to create subfolders. My best Sac IV (Saturn & Jupiter with etc 90) were posted there until Prodigy ended it's service. I used to post to Weasner's ETX website. I fetched a couple of old post urls on lunar and Jupiter targets with Google on Weasner's archived (but deactivated) website.

http://www.weasner.com/etx/astrophotography/2011/astrophotography_tips2.html

http://www.weasner.com/etx/astrophotography/sac.html

It's fun to spot Saturn and Jupiter for the first time....but it becomes apparent that the etx 90 is in the 'actually but barely can see it ' type of telescope. 

The Sac IV (Sonfest) imager I used was a bulky prime focus imager running W98 era software. The LPI-GC that seems to be popular is a compact , in the eyepiece type of imager. Although a little expensive and sort of old it appears to 'get the job done'.

As you suggest...once you image Saturn really well the drive to image it again decreases.

For owners of bigger telescopes the various nebula and galaxies make for interesting photos....beyond planetary dimensions. Having access to a good place to 'see' would be helpful too.

I'm really just a novice to the art and hardware associated with astrophotography.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, pico said:

Wow! Monika impresses me. She is due for an upgrade. The NB1 is not easy to deal with the slippery pedals under those circumstances...

Monika says thanks! And me too. :)
Yes, you are totally right also. I am researching and planning the next purchase(s). MCM5 and 16X are my top candidates right now.

22 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The moon, Jupiter and Saturn are all together in the sky lately. Fun to point the scope and see. I wished my ancient ccd imager ran on Windows 10 and satisfied the craving for an image by grabbing a frame from a handheld eyepiece video taken with my phone.

Sorry for the wildly off-topic post. Here is my best shot of Saturn taken with a 9.25" Celestron and a small video camera and color filters.

1837896417_Saturn106IPAIBalAdj3-3-12cropped.png.c4003b5eca3bdd3f08c53ed90243f0fc.png

In any case, one of the great things about our wheels is just getting out of the house, exploring and bumping into other members of the community.  ;) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Video from yesterday with crash at the end, everything is ok just road rash.  :ph34r:

Nice wipeout! Glad your ok!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, Wonderwebb said:

Listen more carefully the wheel is beeping like crazy  And its a 100v 

On 8/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, Arbolest said:

This. At around 6:22 you can tell he started accelerating really hard. The wheel starts beeping at about 6:25 and he keeps speeding up... An unfortunate outcome, but the wheel gave him all the warning it could.

I hope it all heals up ok!

20 hours ago, Planemo said:

I think the wheel was maxed out. Deffo more than 49kmh. Yes it was beeping like crazy but he didnt hear it over the wind and music. Lesson learned. He's no mug and has been riding the wheel for some time but every now and then I guess its easy to get carried away like we all do. He's looking at a Pebble for vibration alerts now.

I had to play the video a second time before hearing it too. That persistent beeping, is that the 80% alarm?

I have a buzzing watch too now (full Android watch), but while I feel the vibrations very clearly it's hard for me to distinguish them. My first alarm goes at 40km/h, and that's pretty clear. The second one is at 43 but I can't really tell if I am hitting that one or still am in the 1st alarm zone. From the logs apparently I did since my vmax was 44 km/h.

Edited by ir_fuel

10 hours ago, erk1024 said:

In any case, one of the great things about our wheels is just getting out of the house, exploring

So ...in the early afternoon yesterday I rode my Monster down to the dock where earlier in the morning the Coast Guard Eagle had still been docked. It had left port. There was a woman with two shoulder stripes (coast guard uniform) loading cases of stuff into the back of a new van. She looked at me as I rode by a few feet away and said 'that thing looks really fun'.

Great shot of Saturn....A $1200 telescope makes a big improvement in the final result. .as compared to the Mighty ETX. 

Mike Weasner is using an LX600 according to his website.

http://www.weasner.com/co/equipment/equipment.html

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Imovie does a real nice job Steven!

Yeah! When it's raining i play with my iPad , takes a while for such a short video

23 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Well .. ehm ...

That's a bit over the top now, isn't it? :lol: 

I'm trying lol

6 hours ago, stephen said:

Epping  forest full clip

What??!? No Robin Hood coming out to rub you? What have become of the traditional forrest of England :w00t2:

@Rama Douglas

I live near a small University. On the road  side to the grocery store was a discarded CD with a number of music files. One of the songs is a mix of sitar and Russian (?) sounding vocals. (Google drive Link below)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/144XMgfmV6DZ-9JVAOaUOth41hWu8dRZk/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Decided to do my first VLOG with my trip to Chengdu. Traveling with wheels to check out giant pandas and ride with the local crew. 

@Kuji Rolls did you break the leds on your KS16X?

Just curious what you think of the case, how well it handled a crash compared to other wheels you tested so far? I guess you have had a few tumbles as you seem to test the limits of the wheel. 

• Upvote 1