THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

@Marty BackeI apologise for going off-topic and maybe sounding ignorant, but what are those sort of viaduct things you are riding alongside? I only ever see car chases in them on TV over here. Are they supposed to have water in them?

Also to all Americans that post videos here.....you have such beautiful places to ride along. I'm seriously jealous.

edit: I literally posted that comment above just as you said "I guess they know there isn't going to be any rain"...question answered :D 

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

@Marty BackeI apologise for going off-topic and maybe sounding ignorant, but what are those sort of viaduct things you are riding alongside? I only ever see car chases in them on TV over here. Are they supposed to have water in them?

Also to all Americans that post videos here.....you have such beautiful places to ride along. I'm seriously jealous.

In Southern California, all of the natural rivers were covered in cement in the 1950's as flood control measures. They have bicycle paths on one or both sides. One of these rivers passes within a 1/4-mile from my house. I can hop on it and go literally over a hundred miles.

Usually sometime in the early spring we will get enough rain that sometimes water is flowing and within a few feet of the path that I'm riding - a huge amount of water. 90-percent of the year they are empty.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

That's pretty amazing that they concreted all the rivers! Something for me to look up on YouTube. 

I follow you on YouTube and really appreciate your videos mate. The Slime in the Z10 was especially useful for my own purposes :)

The "rivers" are fun to ride in. Towards the end of the video that I just published above you can see me riding in the bottom. The perfect place to go fast and not be bothered by anyone :D

Thanks for the nice words.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Take Two [Mountain stress test]

:clap3:

For the amp alarm, I'm not sure that 90 is a good limit for the Nikola, I think I'll raise that a little bit. We'll see if Wheellog adds a sustained current alarm later and how that will affect things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nils said:

:clap3:

For the amp alarm, I'm not sure that 90 is a good limit for the Nikola, I think I'll raise that a little bit. We'll see if Wheellog adds a sustained current alarm later and how that will affect things.

Agreed. But I wanted to use the same level that I've used for my previous rides. And when I'm not climbing hills it rarely triggers.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Agreed. But I wanted to use the same level that I've used for my previous rides. And when I'm not climbing hills it rarely triggers.

Yes, made sense to keep it the same for the test. I should note though that the alarm for me triggers easily on low speed hard brakes, dropping off curbs or rocks, etc. - hence the need for a sustained current alarm in Wheellog. I think it's just much more noticeable with the bluetooth alarms compared to having a pebble watch, so you really notice each one that you get.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nils said:

Some video from today's ride with mostly @Mike Sacristan and @Tobbe84, we had the joy of tackling some traditional Swedish off-roading. Nikola 84V, Nikola 100V and MSX 84V.

Nice!   Looks like a @Marty Backe style adventure.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

@Mike Sacristanloved your video above. Lovely long lanes of nice smooth tarmac to cruise along on. I wish we had that here!! No protection though!!….can't figure out if you are brave or crazy :P 

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.
It's quite the opposite actually, i'm a huge coward.
I trust in my ability to ride and only ride within my ability. Everything else I leave to the universe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Alien Rideswhat is the very first scooter in that video? I'm after a scooter at the moment for my Saturday morning shopping run. I love the look of that one. I'm not confident enough yet to ride my EUC to the shops, and then ride back with my weight distribution completely changed with a heavy rucksack on my back!

When there was a whole bunch of you riding near the end of the video, it just made me think how awesome it would be if that is how the roads looked with people going to work in the mornings. It gave me a 60's hippy vibe, when people were carefree and just enjoyed themselves :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

@Alien Rideswhat is the very first scooter in that video? I'm after a scooter at the moment for my Saturday morning shopping run. I love the look of that one. I'm not confident enough yet to ride my EUC to the shops, and then ride back with my weight distribution completely changed with a heavy rucksack on my back!

When there was a whole bunch of you riding near the end of the video, it just made me think how awesome it would be if that is how the roads looked with people going to work in the mornings. It gave me a 60's hippy vibe, when people were carefree and just enjoyed themselves :)

https://www.ridetwowheels.com/weped-electric-scooters/

Weped

• Like 1