THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I usually avoid bike paths at these hours because I really don't like the way cyclists ride.
But here we go...

Nice. I don't know why we enjoy passing bicyclists so much (I do too) because if you think about, it's not any kind of fair competition because it's 'powered' vs 'unpowered'. But it's fun regardless.

I don't know how you can ride fast without some kind of eye protection for the wind and/or bugs. And one well placed bug in the eye at 40km/h can be enough to send you careening off the road/path.

6 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Met up with some friends for a cruise today.
Monika can do 40kmh on her board so has no big trouble keeping up with us.
Buuuut it's time to get her an 18XL. She dance, it dances. The circles is complete.

You're having such fun rides. I feel sorry for you though because winter starts in a few weeks :laughbounce2:

I guess maybe I shouldn't laugh B) And poor @Unventor still doesn't have his 16X :(

• Like 1

It's strange seeing people with all sorts of different kinds of protection.

I use a right elbow protector, soft knee protectors under my pants and hard knuckle gloves with wrist protection on top of it... mainly because I know how to fall from doing sky diving and from martial arts.

I see people on here with absolutely no protection save a full face helmet, someone with no protection at all it seems save gloves... just weird how everyone is so mis-matched.

I think helmets are a good idea, and I have one I'm eyeing on Amazon, but I always ensure I don't hurt any joints if I ever fall, which I don't plan to, again, now that I've been riding since 2015. I know to protect my head as much as possible.

Edited by TedTheAtheist
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ather said:

When I got to Banff, I read in the news letter that electric powered are only allowed in Banff area and on legacy trail. I did stick to only that still amazing views and had tons of fun there. Yes it is now getting little too crowded to actually have fun but I think you can still manage to find good spots. 

Well, who can go in those areas if EUCs cannot?

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You're having such fun rides. I feel sorry for you though because winter starts in a few weeks :laughbounce2:

I guess maybe I shouldn't laugh B) And poor @Unventor still doesn't have his 16X :(

Haha thanks! I looked at some of my Youtube clips to see how long I was still riding last year. Looks like it was November. But we were also down to less than 10C. I can wear all those toasty clothes again... yay. And this year I am going to up my gloves and boots game. When it comes to solo riding I ride all year... but I don't want my toes and fingers to freeze again. So painful. :crying:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Well you are free do you what you like, if it brings a smile to you it is all fine with me. :efefa07c43: I am getting the @Marty Backe lips ready for when it comes.:efeeb35c09:

My dealer taking a fair late summer holiday this week (we are all people) but I expect it to be shipped the week after, then 3-4 days and we shall see what state the firmware is at at that point. It is the price to be 1st batch customer, that I knew when ordering it. You of any should know how it is. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice. I don't know why we enjoy passing bicyclists so much (I do too) because if you think about, it's not any kind of fair competition because it's 'powered' vs 'unpowered'. But it's fun regardless.

I don't know how you can ride fast without some kind of eye protection for the wind and/or bugs. And one well placed bug in the eye at 40km/h can be enough to send you careening off the road/path.

Haha I know it's crazy. Usually I don't care because I know it's a stupid thing to race a bicycle. Especially a racer as they can go quite fast. This guy just seemed a little to smug for my taste. And normally I don't ride fast in public with so many people because that is giving a negative image to EUC riders and putting us on radar that I want to stay below. The last thing I need is people talking about the idiot who was doing 40 on the bike path. On the other hand... the other idiot was also doing 40 on the bike path, navigating on the walking path as well, overtaking on the left and overtaking on the right. So it became an issue of double standards for me. Meaning that we are going to Västertorp outdoor gym and that I will be showing no mercy, no waiting, etc and that I expected at least Mathias to keep up with me. Why should cyclists be able to do 40 on a bike path and not me?

I've been hit in the eyes a few times now and then by a bug. It sucks haha. Usually I blink in time to catch them with my eyelashes. Now I sounds like the Karate Kid. :efee612b4b:

I was thinking the same, that it's unfair. However we could always even it out. He can take the EUC and I can take his bike. :roflmao:Also riding at 40+ does not come for free. At least not for me.

So anyway this vid of me riding is by me admittedly stupid. I am a very careful person and I am careful in many layers. My risks are usually overcalculated. This time I did push it a little bit though... but I was always riding exactly within my skill level which is why the speeds go up and down, according to stance, turns, obstacles, wind, etc. Otherwise it would be a nice 50kmh straight line on the GoPro gauges. :efefa07c43:  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:roflmao::w00t2:So you like ride  in a fair competition, how did that work for you when you had to carry Nikola down the tail after it blow out. I am pretty sure  those around you competed with you on fair teams back then. 

I ride EUC because it is convenient personal transport. And with the KS16X and seat I can hopefully enjoy long rides like you too, even with my bad knee. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TedTheAtheist said:

It's strange seeing people with all sorts of different kinds of protection.

I use a right elbow protector, soft knee protectors under my pants and hard knuckle gloves with wrist protection on top of it... mainly because I know how to fall from doing sky diving and from martial arts.

Why not a left one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The last thing I need is people talking about the idiot who was doing 40 on the bike path. On the other hand... the other idiot was also doing 40 on the bike path, navigating on the walking path as well, overtaking on the left and overtaking on the right.

The problem with cyclists is that, contrary to car drivers who have to learn this, they do not have a notion of "adapt your speed". They tend to stick to "I may ride as fast as I am physically able to do, no matter where I ride my bike".

• Like 1

Thinking about starting a new playlist on my channel that is essentially "One Cyclist in Lisbon" except I ride around downtown San Diego. Here is a preview of what's to come...

Shameless plug to also follow me on instagram at FlyboyEUC

• Like 3