THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video like always Marty :thumbup: Can't wait to see the range test result videos on the 100V / 1845Wh in a few days and 84V / 2100Wh in 4 weeks time:popcorn: Soon we'll have all 3 range results from the same rider :smartass:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Blewett said:

This is pretty much my favorite thing to do. This run lowers my blood pressure and gets me into a really zen state of mind, "the flow" or whatever. It's like Tetris or Frogger or something, trying to ride between people and keep from getting stopped or slowed down (politely). As a bonus the Venice boardwalk is like a Star Wars spaceport and you see wild stuff every time.

LOL @ 1:55. A spaceport indeed. Every service available -- and at a reasonable cost!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Neat video effect! A covered bike path? Only in California!  Looks like a warp drive.

48386241156_6455901d80_b.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I find riding on the boardwalk to be horrible, why deal with all the people?  There is a beautiful bike lane on the beach side that’s awesome to cruise. 

The path is great but I also get great enjoyment in riding on the boardwalk. It's a fun challenge. And for extra credit I take a ride on the Santa Monica Pier which can be super challenging.

Not my videos.

New rider unboxing and learning to ride on his 18XL. He's doing it a bit unusually (obviously going by the Inmotion Learning to Ride video) but gets better nicely and comes to all the right conclusions. He might have more videos coming up soon.

Speedy Feet 18XL 1000km update. Nice tour through the English countryside.

This guy made another EUC video. He's quite convinced of them. Nothing too much new here, but he emphasizes the convenience factor of EUCs when not riding.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, Alien Rides said:

I documented an event by PEVRA to promote electric vehicles and train new riders. I like the pole method that @who_the was using.

Absolutely fantastic! @Alien Rides @who_the :thumbup::clap3::thumbup:

The stick method is nice, but I'm really surprised nobody seems to be using the @LanghamP method: use a second ridable and ride along the new guy who holds on to you! With or without stick.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The stick method is nice, but I'm really surprised nobody seems to be using the @LanghamP method: use a second ridable and ride along the new guy who holds on to you! 

Thanks! I use a strong aluminum rod to support sometimes a significant weight of the  learning rider, first with them facing toward me, with me walking them backwards, then me alongside them moving forward. I'm a human training wheel so to speak. No way I could do that on an EUC with riders up to 200 lb. Most riders were riding on their own for the first time in less than 150 feet, about two "laps" of the space we were using!

• Upvote 1