THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, stephen said:

Rachaels first ride at the seaside on her new electric bike ( she loves it) and so do i😁

I like having a riding partner especially on nice sunny days along the seafront,

None does 21mph on throttle only but she prefers to pedal on low assist and get some work in, but then sometimes the devil 😈 comes out and she speeds up . .

I've done this video in 2.35.1 widescreen as apposed to the normal 16.9 ,, what you think?

Allways nice when the missus can roll with you :cheers:, I am trying to get my lady up on the ninebot mini plus (she has tried but very briefly). It would be a first step into a the world that she has yet to discover

As my main screen is a 4m wide 2.40:1 Cinemascope screen with image projected through a panamorph lens, then 2.35:1 / Cinemascope is "my normal" for all material (photo and film). Also the Sammy s9+ is scope-ish so also there it rocks.

Of course i Love it:wub::P

Once You go scope you dont ever want to go back.

35 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Allways nice when the missus can roll with you :cheers:, I am trying to get my lady up on the ninebot mini plus (she has tried but very briefly). It would be a first step into a the world that she has yet to discover

As my main screen is a 4m wide 2.40:1 Cinemascope screen with image projected through a panamorph lens, then 2.35:1 / Cinemascope is "my normal" for all material (photo and film). Also the Sammy s9+ is scope-ish so also there it rocks.

Of course i Love it:wub::P

Once You go scope you dont ever want to go back.

Thanks 👍

My girlfreind absolutely loved it seeing different place i usually go to ,i think most girls prefer the simplicity of a bike,

And wow you have some good cinema going on there i used to have a benq 3d projector only 100" but yes it's very cinematic glad you liked it 👍👍

Good to see you back on the Z mate :) Au naturel as well - yes I know it's naughty but nothing like riding in just a T and shorts at gentle speeds. My Mrs has a leccy bike as well, gonna try and get down Southend some time.

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, Jimmy Chang said:

I rode around on my EUC and Onewheel on the highest road in North America.

Great video. But I can't believe the Onewheel doesn't even have an overcharge alarm and just switches off!! I love the Onewheel concept, but apparently the Futuremotion tech is even more rotten and ancient that I had thought:eff04a58a6:

19 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

What EUC is that guy at 2:38 sitting on?

I believe that is Tony Vaio on his sticker-clad Nikola.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Planemo said:

Good to see you back on the Z mate :) Au naturel as well - yes I know it's naughty but nothing like riding in just a T and shorts at gentle speeds. My Mrs has a leccy bike as well, gonna try and get down Southend some time.

I do try promote safe riding but sometimes when your not going too fast and you want to be free and avoid suntan lines and heat at the risk of grazes and scars  from falling 😬 

Stay safe 😊

@Planemo get that bike out before the summer ends 👍

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

But I can't believe the Onewheel doesn't even have an overcharge alarm and just switches off!!

It doesn't have alarms of any kind. It can only do tiltback. No beeps. So if you don't recognize the tiltback and understand what it means, then the next "communication" is a nodedive and an asphalt sandwich.

1 minute ago, erk1024 said:

It doesn't have alarms of any kind. It can only do tiltback. No beeps. So if you don't recognize the tiltback and understand what it means, then the next "communication" is a nodedive and an asphalt sandwich.

Will it at least tilt back then on overcharge? The video sounded like there's no warning whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Will it at least tilt back then on overcharge? The video sounded like there's no warning whatsoever.

Yes, it should tiltback on an overcharge. They have videos describing it. But there are a lot of problems with people not understanding or recognizing tiltback, or their CG is such that it can't tiltback, they are braking so the board is tilted back already, etc. etc. If you stand on the front of the board with your weight shifted forward, then you're getting awesome acceleration and everything seems great! That's the problem with their tiltback, it feels too much like normal operation.

Some frantic beeping from the board would be a good way to tell the rider that something is wrong, and it's a mistake not to have it.

Another big mistake is that they advertise the OW as going 19mph, but tiltback starts at 15mph. So in order to get to the advertised speed, you have to ride the tiltback. Obviously this eats into the safety margin of torque. And it encourages people to ignore tiltback. And again, there are no beeps to warn you.

Edited by erk1024
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, leadfeathers said:

Great videos.  Just curious, why do e-bikes elect to have giganto wheels? 

They don't all. I have a Fuji hybrid (city/light trail) ebike that has normal tires.

https://www.fujibikes.com/usa/bikes/electric/cross-terrain/e-traverse-evo

I suspect it's just fat tires are "on trend" these days.

4 minutes ago, Graniteone said:

Another good video Marty!  I am impressed with the range on the 100V, care to speculate on what the 84V 2100 should range out at? 

50 "good" miles for the 1600Wh and 60 for the 1845Wh comes out as exactly the same efficiency: 30.6Wh/mile. That would give the 2100Wh Nikola a "good" range of 67 miles, so 70+ miles with beeps.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stephen said:

Part 2 of my Blackpool trip with Rachael on her Electric bike

Which version did you show your wife? :ph34r: :w00t2: I like the funky tune 

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, leadfeathers said:

Just curious, why do e-bikes elect to have giganto wheels?

Fat tires look awesome, and have other advantages such as good flotation in dirt / sand, stability and roadworthiness. But bikes didn't use them because there was too much rolling resistance, and nobody wanted to slave away pushing the pedals. But now that you can have an electric assist, it changes the equation and opens up the possibility to use them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My wife would kill me if she knew about my new wheel.

I love that video. I found it on my TV first. First though I think I have seen this dude before.. Until it hit me, and yep sure enough same chest as the yard work dude 😉😎👍

Great show @Rehab1that sunset/ sunrise just made the sky and tree colours really pop out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Unventor said:

Which version did you show your wife? :ph34r: :w00t2: I like the funky tune 

She's seen this version she laughed anyway 😁😁 .. Just trying some editing with lumafusion on ipad ,, I'm still working it out that's why there's couple of jumpy bits in there, but didn't want to edit anymore,, in8 not a perfectionist lol 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

She's seen this version she laughed anyway 😁😁 .. Just trying some editing with lumafusion on ipad ,, I'm still working it out that's why there's couple of jumpy bits in there, but didn't want to edit anymore,, in8 not a perfectionist lol 😁

Hey Stephen, arrived in Shanghai safely. I can’t get on WhatsApp as it’s not allowed here in China, atleast for the most part. Tell the rest of the E-Mavericks I say hello. 

4 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Hey Stephen, arrived in Shanghai safely. I can’t get on WhatsApp as it’s not allowed here in China, atleast for the most part. Tell the rest of the E-Mavericks I say hello. 

I will do mate, glad you had safe trip, no WhatsApp whats all that about, get their native messaging service and create another group if you need some group therapy😁😁 enjoy your stay

• Like 1