New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Ok, just got back from testing the new firmware. I have good video about it coming in a moment also. 

I can confirm the warning sound and tilt back now comes too soon. It must be a bug. If you want to ride 40 km/h, don't upgrade yet. Wait for the fixed version. 

Otherwise I can say that this is very promising. Definitely better than before. Other than the early tilt back I had nothing else negative. Only positive feelings. 

A mode feels like before, maybe a bit more refined and tight feeling. Good for long journeys for comfort. The speed is there plus good acceleration at speed. But definitely not fast from 0. 

B mode is more of a sport mode and I love it!!!! ? Acceleration and breaking feel better. My wheel is much more agile now. Climbing ability is markedly better also. And I could even make the tire slip on a sandy hill. I will definitely choose b mode for trails. It goes uphill like no other. @Marty Backe and @1Wheeler, once the speed bug is fixed and you have upgraded, the V10F will probably smoke the others on your trails (unless there is hardware problem). Now it has the reactiveness, agility and climbing of a 16" wheel and still that 18" feel and stableness for long journeys. 

I don't have any problems with turning, it's fine. I was really pushing the wheel and no overload. I didn't follow the temperature all the time but at one point it was around 75C and no problems. 

I will agree that the turning is more free and mobile. It has always gone up hills and wanted more,. Like I said, it just feels faster unless your app speedo is lying to you.

The pedal tilt seems disconnected to your weight distribution and more reliant on pedal sensors, kind of like an automobile accelerator. In this way it is more responsive, but in an unnatural feeling. The feel of the road is gone, but you still get all the V8 mobility.

I love the idea of a 16” wheel with 18” stablity, and before the firmware upgrade thats what this was. If Marty is still taking those old worn out trails in the front of Griffith park, he has no idea what he is missing on the backside of the park near travel town and the Golf courses. It is truly where the V10F has shined for me taking any hill and not even worrying about 2” sand and deeper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

If by trolling you mean avoiding the embarassment of a bunch of middle aged men with knee pads and knocked knees slowly winding their way around a lot of pedestrians who find your intrusion to be ostentatious weirdos who cant figure out that these trails are for walking, only to look at a very old Real Estate sign, you are correct sir.

when you avoid something unsavory, you are not trolling, you are being factual and having a ton of full speed hill fun without the Horse torcherers lecturing you from atop their uncomfortable looking horses in the mid day sun.

Note- when you tag other riders and quote me, arent you the one trolling?

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 2

when y’all figure out this software thing, lmk. until then i’m staying with the ios software i got back in may when i got the wheel. my z10f couldn’t be any better for me.

i see in the app store that 7.05 is the update. so just to be clear, if 7.04 is working fine, don’t update to 7.05 because if i do it will change the firmware on the wheel when i connect?

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, novazeus said:

when y’all figure out this software thing, lmk. until then i’m staying with the ios software i got back in may when i got the wheel. my z10f couldn’t be any better for me.

i see in the app store that 7.05 is the update. so just to be clear, if 7.04 is working fine, don’t update to 7.05 because if i do it will change the firmware on the wheel when i connect?

My apps update automatically on my iphone. I want my apps to do this but not this app but can't find out how to just disable this app from updating. It is now at 7.05. I do not want to update the firmware in the wheel because I don't want uncertainty . So does that mean I should not connect to the V10F now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

My apps update automatically on my iphone. I want my apps to do this but not this app but can't find out how to just disable this app from updating. It is now at 7.05. I do not want to update the firmware in the wheel because I don't want uncertainty . So does that mean I should not connect to the V10F now?

No, the app is different. You have to specifically want to do the firmware upgrade on the app. Don't worry. 

Wait for the new firmware to be fixed and let others test it first. Then do it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The tilt back is violent now, will throw you off.  Give it a try.  lol

What is amazing me is that you are getting those violent tilt back most of the time when pulling less than 500W! I would hope a 2000W motor to not even slow you down with such a margin left.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fastmike said:

What is amazing me is that you are getting those violent tilt back most of the time when pulling less than 500W! I would hope a 2000W motor to not even slow you down with such a margin left.

It's clearly a bug. No way this is intended behaviour. I'm expecting it to be fixed in less than a week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

It's clearly a bug. No way this is intended behaviour. I'm expecting it to be fixed in less than a week. 

It probably is!  But I appreciate InMotion is listening and tries to improve the V10 behavior! That is great!!!

BTW, an option should always be available to allow us to reverse back to previous firmware.

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

It probably is!  But I appreciate InMotion is listening and tries to improve the V10 behavior! That is great!!!

BTW, an option should always be available to allow us to reverse back to previous firmware.

Totally agree with the option to revert to previous firmware, and am glad that Inmotion is listening to the riders, but the riders need to be more patient and less self assured in their opinions until they have ridden the vehicle at least 200-300 miles. 

The V10f loosens up with regards to the ride after about 200 miles. I was amazed at how revealing the new feeling was before the upgrade. The V10 seems to have a built in learning mode that leaves after riding a certain overall distance. So there really was no realinput that could have come from only three months of riding. Maybe the V10 gets worse after 600 miles, but I havent gotten there, and unless they fix the firmware or allow us to re install the original firmware, I may not ever get there.

• Like 2

Least your wheel still works after upgrade, mine has CAN BUS error and says please repair, I tried initiating upgrade with my iPad pro and same behavior. It's a paper weight right now , waiting for a response on what needs to happen because can still connect via Bluetooth when plugged in.

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Totally agree with the option to revert to previous firmware, and am glad that Inmotion is listening to the riders, but the riders need to be more patient and less self assured in their opinions until they have ridden the vehicle at least 200-300 miles. 

The V10f loosens up with regards to the ride after about 200 miles. I was amazed at how revealing the new feeling was before the upgrade. The V10 seems to have a built in learning mode that leaves after riding a certain overall distance. So there really was no realinput that could have come from only three months of riding. Maybe the V10 gets worse after 600 miles, but I havent gotten there, and unless they fix the firmware or allow us to re install the original firmware, I may not ever get there.

I have my doubts about this assertion. Can @Bobwheel or @Jeffrey Scott Will confirm the design?

15 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I'm not sure about the built in learning mode but otherwise agreed. You get to know the wheel after 200-300 kilometres or miles. Before that it probably feels weird. For me it has gotten better and better for 1200 km and now it jumped way up with the new firmware (except the buggy tilt back behaviour, of course). Video is uploading now. 

InMotion should learn from this. Even good testing might go wrong. Firmware upgrades should be done on week days so that there is someone ready to pull it and replace the old one. The first upgraders are free beta testers. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

There is NO WAY their team worked for 3 months on this package of offal. What information could they have of the ride feel 3 months ago?  I also have a sneaky suspicion that some other company mustve been working on that firmware. I smell a Rat. Something is fishy here with this new firmware. There could not have been enough testing to require any fiddling with the firmware.

It's not a matter of time - it's a matter of quality in programming and testing ?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jrosenzweig said:

Least your wheel still works after upgrade, mine has CAN BUS error and says please repair, I tried initiating upgrade with my iPad pro and same behavior. It's a paper weight right now , waiting for a response on what needs to happen because can still connect via Bluetooth when plugged in.

Yeah, but you get a brand new one, hopefully without the firmware update. Riding it with the Firmware update is like eating a brownie that fell in the dirt.

46 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I'm not sure about the built in learning mode but otherwise agreed. You get to know the wheel after 200-300 kilometres or miles. Before that it probably feels weird. For me it has gotten better and better for 1200 km and now it jumped way up with the new firmware

I ride the same path to and from work pretty much daily, and it was the V10 that changed in riding style, not myself. I prepared for the V10 arrival by riding my V8 for a month before its arrival. When I first got on the V10 it rode and turned much like my ks18s only more manageable. After 200 miles, or 300km it became much more like the V8 again. I did not forward correct it yet, because I wanted to do that for the review I am doing. I also didnt fiddle with the pedal sensitivity or tilt angle after setting them the first weekend.

I agree with the feeling of speed similar to the acceleration of a gotway, but the App speedometer doesnt show it going any faster than it could before, and to me it feels faster while going slower. In a car like a Datsun 240z we would remove the mustache bar and anti sway bar across the front engine to give it the feeling of speed without going any faster. The mustache bar and anti sway bars stiffen up the suspension so that the entire car moves at the same rate. You eventually reach that point where you are thrust into your seat, but not before the G force bends your face into a Joker style grin. 

8 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

The tilt back is violent now, will throw you off.  Give it a try.  lol

Really, I didn't have that experience at all and I was riding the beep for a while. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scap said:

Really, I didn't have that experience at all and I was riding the beep for a while. 

I gave it a try - wheel didn't trow me off, but the tilt back is violent, I agree.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon...
Otherwise I like the wheel a lot ?

Edited by RelaxMore

26 minutes ago, scap said:

You have to push it.  It will push back. I didn’t happen all the time.  But when I pushed it, it pushed back pretty hard.  In one of my videos, you can see my front toes lift off the pedal because it was so abrupt. 

Okay so very important if you are having issues with the new firmware upgrade to do the “Forward correction” about three or four times. This seems to fix most of the issues I was having with the pedal lean and the lower speed limit. Will probably fix the violent tiltback that is refered to above by eddie.

The only thing I notice now is being let down by reaching the speed control without being able to calibrate the speed just below the warning sounds and tiltback. I liked having the sound first then the tiltback of the old firmware. These two systems happen in the opposite order now.

The new firmware is Ok, just dont see why they even bothered with it, since my vehicle already had a great feeling to it.

The new firmware confirmed to most how slow the V10f is and undermined the idea of safety that InMotion has nurtured for the last couple of years. This is what happens when you dont follow and trust your own Song.

• Like 1