New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

With the additional reference to drive modes I'm guessing the pedals are soft and the firmness level appears unavailable. 

What he is describing, I felt when I had the setting on lowest.  When going at high speeds, felt this weird forward and backwards oscillation.  Had to stop and set it back to the highest firm setting. 

6 minutes ago, RelaxMore said:

During drive test with new firmware the pedals did tilt a few times forward and back.
In slow speed (10-15km/h)
Total unexpected...

Did you try to recalibrate? or do the the turning and forwarding adjustment ?

I got this issue once on v5F and it fixed it right away !

I will update soon my v10F too.

P.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RelaxMore said:

I had to recalibrate it.
Did not change the sensitivity.

The turning and forwarding adjustment is not available like before update.

I think you have to put the wheel in a certain state/position to access the turning forwarding adjust functionality as far as I remember.

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

@Marty Backe Please don't say "All I can say is, Gotway " or I will say Kingsong!   ?

I must say, in this particular case you couldn't actually say KingSong, because they allow the firmware to be updated too :)

For exactly the reason that's being demonstrated in this part of the Topic thread, I don't want to update the firmware in my wheel unless something is actually broken. If my wheel works and I'm enjoying it, why risk the upgrade. Even Gotway seems to tweak their firmware between units - people ( @Shad0z ) get new replacement control boards and the wheel behaves differently. 

I hope @RelaxMore will be able to revert the firmware but our wheel app designers don't seem to believe in that functionality :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RelaxMore said:

I had to recalibrate it.
Did not change the sensitivity.

The turning and forwarding adjustment is not available like before update.

I had wrong memory, edited to avoid confusion. https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

Edited by UniVehje

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope @RelaxMore will be able to revert the firmware but our wheel app designers don't seem to believe in that functionality :(

If necessary, I can patch the app to allow downgrades, probably, assuming the old firmware file is still hosted on their servers.

• Like 1

Interesting issue with the firmware. I just came home from riding. I’d be happy to go test the upgrade but it would be nice to know if I can revert easily if it doesn’t work properly. I hope InMotion guys are here to help. 

510331B2-B0DF-43B5-88E8-4E828760CFE6.jpeg

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I must say, in this particular case you couldn't actually say KingSong, because they allow the firmware to be updated too :)

For exactly the reason that's being demonstrated in this part of the Topic thread, I don't want to update the firmware in my wheel unless something is actually broken. If my wheel works and I'm enjoying it, why risk the upgrade. Even Gotway seems to tweak their firmware between units - people ( @Shad0z ) get new replacement control boards and the wheel behaves differently. 

You are correct! As an example, they already released 2 updates for their new KS18L, and both brought clear improvement without any issues. InMotion's purpose was to solve a major complaint from the earlier V10 owners, but they obviously have failed for this time... I believe firmware updates are necessary but definitely need to be thouroughly tested before release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Did you use a level at this? I messed with this setting and everything went bad. You need to have a level with you. Push the handle button and set the wheel perfectly level and make sure it stays there. Then tap the recalibrate button. Anything else will mess up the ride. 

I'm not sure you are right about this. I understood (and confirmed by an official Inmotion support page) that the CAR turning calibration should be done in the same way as the firmware...turned on but sitting on its rear stand.

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I'm not sure you are right about this. I understood (and confirmed by an official Inmotion support page) that the CAR turning calibration should be done in the same way as the firmware...turned on but sitting on its rear stand.

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

I recalled wrongly, thanks for correcting. This seems to be the correct way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I recalled wrongly, thanks for correcting. This seems to be the correct way.

I was confused about the correct process for a long time. Many wheels require the use of a level. It wasn't until I found the help article that I fanally had an answer when it came to InMotion wheels.

I'm glad the firmware worked out for you and shows some improvements. Good to hear some positive news.