New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I took the risk and upgraded my firmware. I tested the ride and it's good. No worries, it's safe. The problem @RelaxMore has sounds exactly like the behaviour I had previously with wrong calibration. 

I didn't feel any big differences. I guess the app needs to be updated to have the drive mode selection. I don't have that yet. It might feel a bit better on acceleration but that might be just placebo. The correction might actually be only with the new driving mode. Now it feels like it's still in eco -mode. It needs a sport mode. 

This firmware fixed the problem I had with some play in the wheel. It was only in software and now gone. I'm already happy with this firmware, feels tighter. 

"You da Man!!"  I was going to wait to do any firmware upgrades until someone else had a successful test...............thanks much for sharing the information and having to guts to be a "Guinea Pig" for the rest of us  :D :cheers:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, scap said:

I just updated the firmware on mine. I have the two different drive modes on the app now as well so maybe others just need to update their app? I will go for a spin in mode B and let you guys know what I think.

Nice! I cannot find update on iPhone. I have 7.0.4. Can you show some screenshots on the settings? Or video?

39 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Finally got a chance to ride the beast at a vendor shop today, together with the ks18L. There were pavements and potholes to test comfort. V10 felt a bit more agile, and actually more comfortable on potholes and pavement. 

Both wheels acceleration felt very similar, but this was before new v10 firmware. 

How would you compare the pedels between the two? 

6 hours ago, RelaxMore said:

Hi Bob,

just updated the new firmware for my V10F.

Took a short ride and now the wheel feels very unsafe.
There are tilt forwards and back even in low speed (15km/h).

And it was stated there would be different drive modes.
But if I push the button in the App for different drive modes it says this is not available for this model.

I don`t want to drive now because the tilt back and forward...

Can you help, please?

Thanks for input. I’ll pass on the firmware update until this is resolved. RelaxMore may be appropriate for you at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scap said:

I just updated the firmware on mine. I have the two different drive modes on the app now as well so maybe others just need to update their app? I will go for a spin in mode B and let you guys know what I think.

What smartphone do you have?
I have iPhone X and the 2 drive mode are not available ?

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Kingsong pedals are the same than on other ks models. I am used to the confort of Msuper ones, and v10 are even larger. Having 10.5 inches feet, my preference is clearly to the latter.

Will find a way to add grip tape as already done by some wheelers.

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Kingsong pedals are the same than on other ks models. I am used to the confort of Msuper ones, and v10 are even larger. Having 10.5 inches feet, my preference is clearly to the latter.

Will find a way to add grip tape as already done by some wheelers.

I installed the firmware, then updated my android app to the 7.0.3.1 version posted to the Inmotion app thread yesterday. I then had the A-B toggle feature. I switched it to 'B' mode and took it for a spin.

I'm not sure I felt anything different. If there were substantial changes, even for the better, I think I would have felt a little janky for a while, but I didn't. I would say that sustained low-speed turns felt more planted and less throttle-floaty, but this could easily be me getting on this wheel slightly more skilled than I was yesterday (I have barely 100km on full-size wheels, and feel like I still suck at them.)

It occurs to me now that perhaps "A" is the new mode and I should switch it back and test again, but it's well over 100°F out, and I just don't feel like it.

I think we're going to need @eddiemoy to wear himself out with some more quantitative testing :)

Edited by beast@tanagra

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I took the risk and upgraded my firmware. I tested the ride and it's good. No worries, it's safe. The problem @RelaxMore has sounds exactly like the behaviour I had previously with wrong calibration. 

I didn't feel any big differences. I guess the app needs to be updated to have the drive mode selection. I don't have that yet. It might feel a bit better on acceleration but that might be just placebo. The correction might actually be only with the new driving mode. Now it feels like it's still in eco -mode. It needs a sport mode. 

This firmware fixed the problem I had with some play in the wheel. It was only in software and now gone. I'm already happy with this firmware, feels tighter. 

are we talking android or apple?

I would not upgrade the firmware just yet on either device.

I loved the V10 out of the box. It needs maybe a little more on the top end speed wise, but the fact that it keeps its speed higher throughout most of its battery range was a good trade off. You still get V8 top end speed at 26% battery. Thats great! The V10 seemed to loosen up at around 200 miles or 300km to feel a lot more like the V8 in terms of mobility and turning. 

To me, the only benefit from the new firmware is the acceleration, but this is offset by the new limit and warnings at a little over half speed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I would not upgrade the firmware just yet on either device.

I loved the V10 out of the box. It needs maybe a little more on the top end speed wise, but the fact that it keeps its speed higher throughout most of its battery range was a good trade off. You still get V8 top end speed at 26% battery. Thats great! The V10 seemed to loosen up at around 200 miles or 300km to feel a lot more like the V8 in terms of mobility and turning. 

To me, the only benefit from the new firmware is the acceleration, but this is offset by the new limit and warnings at a little over half speed.

yeah i’m using an ipad for setting changes and whatever was available ios wise back when i got it. i can use my android, s9+ to check speed, battery etc but don’t go near settings with it.

and as far as i’m concerned, i’ve got everything set the way i like it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

wish they explained what the drive modes A and B are.  

Isn't that obvious...

• Alpha crash testing
  • Beta crash testing

The differences are explained here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any electrical engineers out there?  New possible theory for overheat/overload tilt back. Hey, just before going out for a ride tonight I was messing with the app (I haven't upgraded firmware yet) and went into "Vehicle Information". I noticed the "Current Voltage" was listed as 82.7 volts. I had charged it 100% and the charge (according to the app) was 98%. I thought this was a little curious since typically (according to my experience) a 12 volt battery will still read close to "12 volts" even when most of it's charge (amperage) is gone. So I decided to ride longer than I had planned just to drain the battery more. When I finally called it quits, the "Current voltage" showed as 72.4 volts (see screen shot below). I understand that an electric motor, if it is not supplied the rated voltage will make up for it by drawing more amperage. More amperage = more heat,  (wiring is sized according to amperage) and even though the wattage ( Volts X amps) remains the same,  it does so at the cost of more heat. So  2000 watts at a lower voltage output produces more heat (because of increased amperage). 

Three questions:

1. Is my thinking correct?

2. Is the voltage drop in my battery normal for EUC batteries?

3. Might this be the cause of my past overload/tilt back experiences?

Thanks ahead for any input.

IMG_0155.PNG

IMG_0153.PNG

Voltage drop with discharge is completely normal for lithium ion cells. This website is helpful for determining what discharge curves to expect: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG 18650 MH1 3200mAh (Cyan) UK.html (link is to the type of cells used in V10F)

Remember to multiply all the voltage values by 20 since the V10F uses a 20S4P battery arrangement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

During out nighttime group ride tonight @1Wheeler's V10F was kicking him off multiple times as we were riding around the hills of Griffith Park. Everyone else (7 riders total) had Gotway's.

I was surprised because I didn't experience any of that when I was riding the pre-production unit. His V10F was frustratingly under powered tonight. Worse than any KingSong wheel that I've seen in similar conditions. Maybe Markus can chime in here and let us know if he had upgraded his firmware.

Given the strength of the V10F motor and the battery capacity, there is no reason his wheel should have been kicking him off (massive tilt-back) the wheel so often. Inmotion has programmed this wheel to be way too conservative, IMO.

Quite an interesting issue. Some people seem to have this pretty bad and others not at all. I cannot even force my V10F to kick me off. I just cannot push it hard enough to over heat. And I can push it quite hard if I want to. This really feels like bug. Some have reported the tilt occuring at 69C temperature. Even that sounds quite low. 

I seem to have avoided all the issues. My unit is pretty much perfect after 1200 km. I cannot say if I’m getting under powered as I have nothing to compare with. I can say that I cannot do the 30 degree uphill that was promised. I found a place to test it and will shoot video of it later today. 

I agree that InMotion is being too conservative. This weird behaviour could be a glitch in the software that reacts even more conservatively than intended. It might even be fixed in the new firmware. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniVehje said:

Quite an interesting issue. Some people seem to have this pretty bad and others not at all. I cannot even force my V10F to kick me off. I just cannot push it hard enough to over heat. And I can push it quite hard if I want to. This really feels like bug. Some have reported the tilt occuring at 69C temperature. Even that sounds quite low. 

I seem to have avoided all the issues. My unit is pretty much perfect after 1200 km. I cannot say if I’m getting under powered as I have nothing to compare with. I can say that I cannot do the 30 degree uphill that was promised. I found a place to test it and will shoot video of it later today. 

I agree that InMotion is being too conservative. This weird behaviour could be a glitch in the software that reacts even more conservatively than intended. It might even be fixed in the new firmware. 

We looked at the data on his Inmotion app. His wheel was absolutely not overheating, but it was the power draw. Whenever he was consuming more than 2000w for any period of time he'd be kicked off the wheel.

His V10F was truly behaving like a weak 2015 model EUC vs the kind of wheel that it should be capable of.

Hope a firmware release can fix this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1