New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

45 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Hopefully this is somehow related to the acceleration / breaking / impossible still balance issue.

Looks like INMOTION has tried to smooth out any current spike. While this sounds like a safety feature, the last to implement this was Gotway, although in a bit harsher way (motor oscillation and cutout). 

It would be disappointing if they cannot fix this by firmware, as it would likely means electronics is under specified, and would make their 2000w motor claim a hard sell compared to gt16/Tesla/ks18L. Speed is so conservative compared to other 2000w engines one would expect not to get any limitation within manufacturer’s speed range.

I believe that Bob has already clarified that point when asked about increasing the V10F speed:

"Sorry but I guess it's not very possible for InMotion to change the max speed officially, since the safety is the top priority for us to consider, and we may be able to do it with a more powerful motor and a upgraded control board"

What probably means that you might be right when speaking about 'under specified electronics'.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Can someone from inmotion guys tell me if any of V10 (not F) versions had a problem with bearing? If I understand correctly motor is different, so it's not from the same vendor, or is it?

Mine V10 is making scraping noises but only when I'm on it. But I don't know since this is my first wheel ever, I didn't even seen EUC in a person, before ordering V10. And I'm only abble to ride in my kitchen :)

I assume I got mine from first batch since I preordered it in the beginning of may.

I'll try to record sound today.

Thank you.

What the hell is this? 

I'll get my V10F presumable in 10 days! Befor reading this thread, I was really excited about delivery. But now........

1600 € for getting problems ?

Regards

30 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

I believe that Bob has already clarified that point when asked about increasing the V10F speed:

"Sorry but I guess it's not very possible for InMotion to change the max speed officially, since the safety is the top priority for us to consider, and we may be able to do it with a more powerful motor and a upgraded control board"

What probably means that you might be right when speaking about 'under specified electronics'.

I don’t draw the same conclusions as you from this message. They don’t want to increase the speed for safety reasons.

Crashing above 40km/h is dangerous in its own, so this does not mean they could not go above. 

And this is talking about continuous motor draw, not peak for start/stop and accelerations.

It almost sounds like someone forgot to clear a register flag after the high current detection check is triggered and the current returns to normal operating levels.  Usually one slows down, and the tiltback returns to normal during an overspeed situation.  I've never triggered the over-current in a Ninebot, but this InMotion state sounds like the King Song subroutine for an over-heat condition where it persists until the temperature reduces, but in this case there is a missing check routine to reset the tiltback flag.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

What the hell is this? 

I'll get my V10F presumable in 10 days! Befor reading this thread, I was really excited about delivery. But now........

1600 € for getting problems ?

Regards

Let's keep cool for now... InMotion said that only first batch was concerned by that issue and that bad motors got removed from production line.

InMotion in Europe said that deliveries are planned for July siince they did not want any wheel from first batch.

So to make it short, if InMotion did not lie to their customers, we should not see those bearing/axel problems in Europe (out of people getting their wheels straight from China...)

That is a good test to see if InMotion is a trustable company or not. For now, I am confident.

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Let's keep cool for now... InMotion said that only first batch was concerned by that issue and that bad motors got removed from production line.

InMotion in Europe said that deliveries are planned for July siince they did not want any wheel from first batch.

So to make it short, if InMotion did not lie to their customers, we should not see those bearing/axel problems in Europe (out of people getting their wheels straight from China...)

That is a good test to see if InMotion is a trustable company or not. For now, I am confident.

If he is getting his wheel in 10 days, he is probably not going through INMOTION France (there is no INMOTION Europe). So best thing is to contact his dealer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rok Tomažin said:

Can someone from inmotion guys tell me if any of V10 (not F) versions had a problem with bearing? If I understand correctly motor is different, so it's not from the same vendor, or is it?

Mine V10 is making scraping noises but only when I'm on it. But I don't know since this is my first wheel ever, I didn't even seen EUC in a person, before ordering V10. And I'm only abble to ride in my kitchen :)

I assume I got mine from first batch since I preordered it in the beginning of may.

Thank you.

It might seem like a silly question, but did you check tyre pressure ?

My Inmotion V8 came a little deflated I read somewhere it is often so when wheels are air shipped to avoid a tyre explosion due to lower outside air pressure at high altitude. Another thing to check is the valve core. I suspect if this is not tired enough it might deflate tyre over time too.

new-valves.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, em1barns said:

If he is getting his wheel in 10 days, he is probably not going through INMOTION France (there is no INMOTION Europe). So best thing is to contact his dealer.

I am aware that there is no InMotion Europe, reason why I said 'in Europe' but you are right that that was mentionned by InMotion France. I agree with you that he went through the 'grey market' and bought straight from another source he better talk to them but I am afraid that they will not even know if the wheel is good or bad before he receives it...

1 hour ago, Fastmike said:

I am aware that there is no InMotion Europe, reason why I said 'in Europe' but you are right that that was mentionned by InMotion France. I agree with you that he went through the 'grey market' and bought straight from another source he better talk to them but I am afraid that they will not even know if the wheel is good or bad before he receives it...

Yep, 2nd batch should be shipped anytime now, and is about one month late compared to April schedule. Hopefully most of the issues mentioned to date should be fixed when they arrive at destination.

Luckily for Inmotion France customers, this distributor had anticipated this by mentioning a July delivery rather than the anticipated end of June one, if based on schedule. That's called experience, and is what we should expect from serious distributors :) .

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - I've written a e-mail to my dealer in Spain ?

He should know about this commentary, because he said ti me, that he has also  a store in France. So hopefully I won't get a V10F with these problems. 

Fingers crossed!   ? same for us...

54 minutes ago, Ralph Heber said:

I got my V10F a few days ago.
Like it a lot.
My KS-14-D feels like a toy now...

First batch - no issues except tire wrong direction...
Drove around 50KM now...
Looking forward to firmware upgrade to upgrade the exelleration. Braking for me seems ok.

Happy chi from Germany

For sure, I just rode my ks14c yesterday and laughed.    It's become my training wheel now.   Its more fun to ride the 14c around my house and office though :).

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 8:39 PM, Pagsy said:

@Bobwheel, I am very happy with my v10F so far, I only have 1 question

is there any plan to upgrade the design of the trolley handle or even design a complete new one ? the unit is heavy and the current trolley handle is not ideal.

Let us know !

P.

Yes, we're planning to do that, but the engineers are fixing the problems these days, and they will do it once they have enough time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2018 at 9:53 PM, Harold Farrenkopf said:

So the bad bearing were only part of the first batch and not the second batch that was sent out May 25 from Inmotion USA?

I'm sorry but it's supposed to have 200 units have potential effect of that, and 25th May batch belongs to that. 

12 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I'm sorry but it's supposed to have 200 units have potential effect of that, and 25th May batch belongs to that. 

So ALL???? of the May 25 shipments are affected with the bad bearings? If so, I'm riding on a timebomb waiting to happen????

On 6/17/2018 at 6:28 PM, Rok Tomažin said:

Thank you.

You can also email me about this problem, bob.yan@myinmotion.com

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, Jrosenzweig said:

@Fastmike @Bobwheel

I would double check you don't have a little sliver of a rock or pebble on the side, I feel like the plastic form traps them sometimes. For me it's the second time I thought I may have had a bearing issue and turned out to be a small minascule pebble caught on the side. I would flip upside down and turn the wheel around see if anything comes out.. 

You're right. The scratching noise most likely come from a stone got stuck between the motor and the heat sink inside of the shell. Because the gap of heat sink fins is 3mm, which is the same with the distance between the top of the heat sink to the motor cover, so a small rock can easily got stuck there and make the noise. 

So the first step is to check if there is any stone got stuck there, and if not, we should suspect the bearing. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, Fastmike said:

The first batch from factory were about 200 units and they had been divided for multiple dealers, because some dealers used air shipment, others use sea shipment, and the customs clearance time varies for different countries, also some dealers fulfill the orders immediately while others may hold a bit,  so it's not possible for us to set a deadline date for end customers to judge if they'll have that potential effect, but we're always here to help to replace motor for customers who has this problem.

• Like 2

Any word on whether your team is looking into the frequent overload-type behavior? It seems to be happening (to me at least) more often than it should be. <50°C board temps, <1000W power usage, >60% battery, flat ground, and it throws me off the back very reliably if I accelerate quickly to 35kph.

If I could change only one thing about my wheel, it would be that. Otherwise, I really like it.