New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

wish they explained what the drive modes A and B are.  

Exactly. This is just sloppy and unfinished. How about naming them eco and sport or something similar. A and B tells nothing to the user. 

Looks like this selection is available only to Android users at the moment. And all the bad reports on the firmware have been Androids. IOS users have had better experience upgrading but the app doesn’t work as intended. 

Come on, InMotion. There was no hurry to release this firmware update. Why do it on the midsummer weekend when support people are not available? Was there no way of testing it a bit more? @Bobwheel?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, em1barns said:

Strange, App Store is showing 7.0.4 version on my side, released last week.

So, if my understanding is correct it looks like Android version is 7.0.3.1 and ISO version is 7.0.4

13 hours ago, em1barns said:

Finally got a chance to ride the beast at a vendor shop today, together with the ks18L. There were pavements and potholes to test comfort. V10 felt a bit more agile, and actually more comfortable on potholes and pavement. 

Both wheels acceleration felt very similar, but this was before new v10 firmware. 

That tends to confirm that both are using the same motors

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

. Whenever he was consuming more than 2000w for any period of time he'd be kicked off the wheel.

I get the alarm if I go over 2000w for some period. I can get the warning beep by just accelerating as fast as I can (on the old firmware) and drawing 2000w for more than a second or two. Sounds like his wheel has the beep and tilt back mixed up. 

Today I will test the new firmware properly. Like you said, the specs are there at least on paper. It should reflect that in real world also. I’m sure InMotion has more safety margins than Gotway. I hope you guys can test the same ride after @1Wheeler has upgraded the firmware. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

That's more interesting than all of the subjective reports I have read. Who can or cannot ride with the big dogs (Gotway) is my kind of report. Marty, riding the Z10 in a group ride with the  big-bad Gotways may be even more informative than heat-break-hill. Ditto for the KS18L. Will it's conservative voltage lowering per battery drain get it left behind? Inquiring minds want to know.

If people think Inmotion is going after Gotway enthousiasts, they should thing again. They are after offering the many v8 owners looking for an upgrade a more expensive option.

43 minutes ago, em1barns said:

If people think Inmotion is going after Gotway enthousiasts, they should thing again. They are after offering the many v8 owners looking for an upgrade a more expensive option.

I would agree! I believe that they are looking to offer higher performance wheels when staying focused on safety. More power should prevent cut out for increased 'payload'. If I have ordered mine, this is mainly because I have seen people around my weight experimenting cutout with motors similar to the V8 motor. So I prefer to be safe and imagine (but could be wrong) that my 92Kg (about 200 pounds) will be safer with a 2000W motor that can better cope with it.

Edited by Fastmike
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

New 7.0.5 iOS app  update is now live and the drive mode is visible. 

C5DDB613-8308-43EA-B08D-8DB88AA89EB4.jpeg

not in germany ? have to wait a bit more...

now its there ? thank you for posting 

Edited by RelaxMore

14 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I would not upgrade the firmware just yet on either device.

I

Nor will I do an update, as long as it's running fine.

I think, the guys liked to release the new firmware soon - but didn't test is as well as normal. Or did'nt test the interference of their changes. 

Regards

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Nor will I do an update, as long as it's running fine.

I think, the guys liked to release the new firmware soon - but didn't test is as well as normal. Or did'nt test the interference of their changes. 

Regards

???? They mention 3 months work on it!!!

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

OK, just went out for a ride, must have been in mode A or some shit, at the time I didn't have the latest update to show the modes.  the tiltback is violent!  couldn't reach 25mph, tiltback is set at somewhere around low 20mph.  The tiltback is now like a crazy bull when you try to ride the limit.  before it was mild.  Now it is nuts.  I haven't tried the other setting yet.  but i did notice after firmware upgrade, it reset speed limit to 16mph.  i had to set it back to 25 and accept the warning.  

I was able to idle better with the firmware update even without selecting the mode. i get the camera by accident and can't figure out how to get out of it.  anyone know?

Shit, now I have to go back out and try B.  

So was the tilt back violent because of the reset to 16mph?

13 minutes ago, em1barns said:

So was the tilt back violent because of the reset to 16mph?

no, i fixed that before i went on my ride.

2 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Ok, just got back from testing the new firmware. I have good video about it coming in a moment also. 

I can confirm the warning sound and tilt back now comes too soon. It must be a bug. If you want to ride 40 km/h, don't upgrade yet. Wait for the fixed version. 

Otherwise I can say that this is very promising. Definitely better than before. Other than the early tilt back I had nothing else negative. Only positive feelings. 

A mode feels like before, maybe a bit more refined and tight feeling. Good for long journeys for comfort. The speed is there plus good acceleration at speed. But definitely not fast from 0. 

B mode is more of a sport mode and I love it!!!! ? Acceleration and breaking feel better. My wheel is much more agile now. Climbing ability is markedly better also. And I could even make the tire slip on a sandy hill. I will definitely choose b mode for trails. It goes uphill like no other. @Marty Backe and @1Wheeler, once the speed bug is fixed and you have upgraded, the V10F will probably smoke the others on your trails (unless there is hardware problem). Now it has the reactiveness, agility and climbing of a 16" wheel and still that 18" feel and stableness for long journeys. 

I don't have any problems with turning, it's fine. I was really pushing the wheel and no overload. I didn't follow the temperature all the time but at one point it was around 75C and no problems. 

the tiltback for mode b came on at 21-22mph just like mode A?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

the tiltback for mode b came on at 21-22mph just like mode A?  

Both modes. This behaviour started only after I had played with A/B setting. Before that the speed limit was normal at 40 km/h even with the new firmware. 

Just now, UniVehje said:

Both modes. This behaviour started only after I had played with A/B setting. Before that the speed limit was normal at 40 km/h even with the new firmware. 

after i update firmware, i noted new speedlimit was reset back to 16mph, had to reset it to 25mph.  i didn't have new app, so A/B selection wasn't there.  was hoping limit behavior was only on A and not B.  I'm assuming that since I didn't have the selection that I was on A.  

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

after i update firmware, i noted new speedlimit was reset back to 16mph, had to reset it to 25mph.  i didn't have new app, so A/B selection wasn't there.  was hoping limit behavior was only on A and not B.  I'm assuming that since I didn't have the selection that I was on A.  

A mode seems to be the default. I could notice the differences only after switching to B mode. I tried to play with the speed setting but that didn't help with the low top speed. That is a weird and annoying bug. 

5 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

A mode seems to be the default. I could notice the differences only after switching to B mode. I tried to play with the speed setting but that didn't help with the low top speed. That is a weird and annoying bug. 

The tilt back is violent now, will throw you off.  Give it a try.  lol

4 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Turn your phone in a counter clockwise circle. That will bring up the camera anytime and remove it anytime

doesn't work.  i tried both counter clockwise and clockwise to the side.

• Like 1

Maybe on ios it is a figure 8, but the counter clockwise always works on my Blackberry and my Moto z2. Yeah the counterclockwise outer circle is the gesture that works on my iTouch. Just tried it. I may be doing it from a horizontal screen facing up and looping it counterclockwise that way.

The new firmware causes that type of behavior. The original firmware was awesome and it took hills like paved cliff hill in Griffith Park like it was ready for more in the dead heat of the afternoon sun about two weeks ago. You dont know about that hill because you prefer the knock-knee-ed rides amongst the pedestrians to peek at a Real Estate sign.

I want to flash the old firmware back. Does anyone know how to do this?

There is NO WAY their team worked for 3 months on this package of offal. What information could they have of the ride feel 3 months ago?  I also have a sneaky suspicion that some other company mustve been working on that firmware. I smell a Rat. Something is fishy here with this new firmware. There could not have been enough testing to require any fiddling with the firmware.

This smells like The old Seattle Solowheel way of doing things. Hate to say it, but it is as arbitrary as raising the price on a wheel that is already discounted.

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

The new firmware causes that type of behavior. The original firmware was awesome and it took hills like paved cliff hill in Griffith Park like it was ready for more in the dead heat of the afternoon sun about two weeks ago. You dont know about that hill because you prefer the knock-knee-ed rides amongst the pedestrians to peek at a Real Estate sign.

I want to flash the old firmware back. Does anyone know how to do this?

There is NO WAY their team worked for 3 months on this package of offal. What information could they have of the ride feel 3 months ago?  I also have a sneaky suspicion that some other company mustve been working on that firmware. I smell a Rat. Something is fishy here with this new firmware. There could not have been enough testing to require any fiddling with the firmware.

This smells like The old Seattle Solowheel way of doing things. Hate to say it, but it is as arbitrary as raising the price on a wheel that is already discounted.

Look @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @noisycarlos, @1Wheeler, @Ando Melkonyan, @n2eus, @YoshiSkySun - Bill is trolling us :laughbounce2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1