New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

47 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

@eddiemoy @Mark Lee  I know you've been annoyed by the acceleration of the V10F, especially the not so responsive start.  Our team has been working on it for weeks, and there should be an upgraded firmware version released on the App by the end of this week, and we hope you like it.

Thanks again for your feedback. 

This is fantastic. This has been the only negative for me also and so nice to see it fixed. Can’t wait to try it out! Thank you 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, soulson said:

Any word on whether your team is looking into the frequent overload-type behavior? It seems to be happening (to me at least) more often than it should be. <50°C board temps, <1000W power usage, >60% battery, flat ground, and it throws me off the back very reliably if I accelerate quickly to 35kph.

If I could change only one thing about my wheel, it would be that. Otherwise, I really like it.

Can you take a video of this happening. Doesn’t sound normal. Today I really tried to replicate this but couldn’t. I’m 73 kg without gear. 

I don't have any equipment with which to do that. But it's not just me having this issue; maybe someone else getting the 45° tilt back can make a video. I am 91kg without gear.

Note that originally I was concerned that the V10F didn't accelerate very well.. I don't think that anymore. I just think the lack of acceleration people experience is due to lack of leverage on the wheel from the short pedal arms. I adjusted my footing accordingly and now I can race off the line pretty well with this thing. But it throws me off the back when I do.

I'm curious what effect this new firmware will have on my situation, if any.

Edited by soulson

1 hour ago, Bobwheel said:

I know you've been annoyed by the acceleration of the V10F, especially the not so responsive start.  Our team has been working on it for weeks, and there should be an upgraded firmware version released on the App by the end of this week, and we hope you like it.

WOOOT!   That's exciting stuff.

4 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

@eddiemoy @Mark Lee  I know you've been annoyed by the acceleration of the V10F, especially the not so responsive start.  Our team has been working on it for weeks, and there should be an upgraded firmware version released on the App by the end of this week, and we hope you like it.

Excellent!  Will give it a try once it is released! 

There is one other thing that will make this wheel much better...  Any chance you can unlock the wheel to 45kmph?  The speed throttling starting from a little less than 100% really makes this wheel kind of the same speed as the KS16S.  With 2KW motor, this wheel should be able to safely go 45kmph until well below 50%?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Excellent!  Will give it a try once it is released! 

There is one other thing that will make this wheel much better...  Any chance you can unlock the wheel to 45kmph?  The speed throttling starting from a little less than 100% really makes this wheel kind of the same speed as the KS16S.  With 2KW motor, this wheel should be able to safely go 45kmph until well below 50%?

DarknessBot should get it to 45 km/h once we get it to recognise the wheel but I wonder how other behaviours will work with it. Warning siren, battery throttling, etc. I would certainly prefer these to be done by the official app and with InMotion's firmware. I kind of understand their point of view also. They might want to see more of these wheels in the wild before relaxing on the safety margins. 

I suspect the 18L motor is from the same manufacture. Could be exactly the same motor. 

21 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

The first batch from factory were about 200 units and they had been divided for multiple dealers, because some dealers used air shipment, others use sea shipment, and the customs clearance time varies for different countries, also some dealers fulfill the orders immediately while others may hold a bit,  so it's not possible for us to set a deadline date for end customers to judge if they'll have that potential effect, but we're always here to help to replace motor for customers who has this problem.

Bob

first of all, many thanks for all your honnest replies! That s really help gaining confidence in your brand. Highly appreciated!

Hopefully none of the 'bad bearing/motor' wheels got shipped to InMotion France and also that all changes that your engineers are making right now will be software modifications only for all to take benefit of those.

kind regards

Phil

• Like 2

Here’s some data on average energy consumption. My highest trips have been 18 wh/km when I was just riding fast to work in a hurry. I’m 73 kg wihtout gear and usually drive around 30-35 km/h. I also often drive faster and don’t try to save battery. 

Consumption seemed to be quite a bit lower when I tried the wheel with 4 bar tire pressure. 

C9C37BA3-A8C2-418E-9C6E-CAF9955BAD03.jpeg

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Here’s some data on average energy consumption. My highest trips have been 18 wh/km when I was just riding fast to work in a hurry. I’m 73 kg wihtout gear and usually drive around 30-35 km/h. I also often drive faster and don’t try to save battery. 

Consumption seemed to be quite a bit lower when I tried the wheel with 4 bar tire pressure. 

C9C37BA3-A8C2-418E-9C6E-CAF9955BAD03.jpeg

I need to go on a diet.......I get an average of around 20 W-h/km after close to 400 miles (650km) ??

Unexpected 45 degree tilt back.  Went for a long ride today. Approximately seven miles in on a mild uphill, going approximately 15-17mph heard the warning alarm (the one you hear when you exceed the max speed (I'm set at 25mph) and experienced an immediate 45 degree tilt back. I did not get the "Overload, please step off wheel" warning that I have in the past just the alarm followed by the tilt back. Was able to steer it at the shoulder of the road and leap forward and run it out (glad I was going slow enough). The wheel didn't  go far (stopped by weeds and sagebrush) lucky it didn't hit any of the soccer ball size rocks along the road. The wheel hadn't shut off and the only thing I could see from the App that might have caused it was a max power of 2562 watts (see below, screen shots are from the end of the ride). The main board temp at the time was 111F the ambient temp during the entire ride was approx. 80F. The ride prior to the hill was flat for 6 miles, riding into a fairly stiff headwind, average speed 18-20mph. With gear I was probably about 205 - 210 lbs. Anybody experience the same? In the past (three times) I've always gotten the warning message (without the alarm) but not this time and the tilt back seemed more immediate and aggressive.

IMG_0148.PNG

Screenshot 2018-01-01 at 7.48.23 PM.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lueksparky said:

Unexpected 45 degree tilt back.  Went for a long ride today. Approximately seven miles in on a mild uphill, going approximately 15-17mph heard the warning alarm (the one you hear when you exceed the max speed (I'm set at 25mph) and experienced an immediate 45 degree tilt back. I did not get the "Overload, please step off wheel" warning that I have in the past just the alarm followed by the tilt back. Was able to steer it at the shoulder of the road and leap forward and run it out (glad I was going slow enough). The wheel didn't  go far (stopped by weeds and sagebrush) lucky it didn't hit any of the soccer ball size rocks along the road. The wheel hadn't shut off and the only thing I could see from the App that might have caused it was a max power of 2562 watts (see below, screen shots are from the end of the ride). The main board temp at the time was 111F the ambient temp during the entire ride was approx. 80F. The ride prior to the hill was flat for 6 miles, riding into a fairly stiff headwind, average speed 18-20mph. With gear I was probably about 205 - 210 lbs. Anybody experience the same? In the past (three times) I've always gotten the warning message (without the alarm) but not this time and the tilt back seemed more immediate and aggressive.

I've never gotten 45 degree tilt back without an "overload, please step off" warning, well, except when I lost all my system audio when did the erased command that is. I do notice when i exceed 2000W even at cooler board temps (<50C), I'll get this warning esp when going up hills and i'm trying to push more speed. I've since learned to just slow down when going up a hill to avoid the tilt backs.Kinda like trying to climb a hill in overdrive in a car, you kinda let off and you realize pushing doesn't make you go any faster. NOW there was a time when my battery was lower, under 40%, that it tilted back at <20mph on flat. I don't know what the warning was as I didn't have any audio at the time.

14 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I've never gotten 45 degree tilt back without an "overload, please step off" warning, well, except when I lost all my system audio when did the erased command that is. I do notice when i exceed 2000W even at cooler board temps (<50C), I'll get this warning esp when going up hills and i'm trying to push more speed. I've since learned to just slow down when going up a hill to avoid the tilt backs.Kinda like trying to climb a hill in overdrive in a car, you kinda let off and you realize pushing doesn't make you go any faster. NOW there was a time when my battery was lower, under 40%, that it tilted back at <20mph on flat. I don't know what the warning was as I didn't have any audio at the time.

26 minutes ago, Lueksparky said:

All I can say is, Gotway :whistling:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maltocs said:

I was worried that the unit would fry while coming DOWN the hill. I assume braking generates heat. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO BURN OUT ANYTHING, mosfets or hubs while braking????

Only InMotion can confirm, but all components might be sized in line with motor specs, and firmware included protection should be here to prevent any possible fire/electronic damage. I would say that the purpose of all the warning and tilt back are their to prevent anyone to go over the limit. Last resort will be a cut out, but electronics should neved got damaged by heat if eveything has been well engineered.

That said, already saw complaints of that kind about the V10 not being able to cope in situation not causing any issue with older/smaller wheels (e.g. https://youtu.be/KwoeHF9i9T4)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, Bobwheel said:

Hi Bob,

just updated the new firmware for my V10F.

Took a short ride and now the wheel feels very unsafe.
There are tilt forwards and back even in low speed (15km/h).

And it was stated there would be different drive modes.
But if I push the button in the App for different drive modes it says this is not available for this model.

I don`t want to drive now because the tilt back and forward...

Can you help, please?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RelaxMore said:

Hi Bob,

just updated the new firmware for my V10F.

Took a short ride and now the wheel feels very unsafe.
There are tilt forwards and back even in low speed (15km/h).

And it was stated there would be different drive modes.
But if I push the button in the App for different drive modes it says this is not available for this model.

I don`t want to drive now because the tilt back and forward...

Can you help, please?

Wooh!  Lucky I didn’t update my firmware yet.  Anyone else update their firmware?

What do you mean tilt forward and backwards?

anyway to revert?  Downgrade the firmware?

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

Wooh!  Lucky I didn’t update my firmware yet.  Anyone else update their firmware?

What do you mean tilt forward and backwards?

anyway to revert?  Downgrade the firmware?

With the additional reference to drive modes I'm guessing the pedals are soft and the firmness level appears unavailable.