New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Want to see the V10F kick @1Wheeler off his wheel as we were riding the mountain trails at night? Check out this video. The video starts right where he's kicked off because of over-power conditions.

Over Power...? Can you please let me know after how many miles he got that bad tilt back? Any other wheel overheated in your group? Just strange for a supposedly 2000W motor.

Hopefully new firmware will be better tuned...

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, UniVehje said:

It’s funny that the experiences are so different. I don’t feel any of that nose dive thing. Are you sure you have the turning calibration done correctly?

There’s still a lot of work to be done on that firmware. I’m happy they found the sporty feeling for this wheel but it’s not finished in other aspects. There should be a new version available today. If the speed problem is corrected, we can have better feel to the new ride modes. At the moment the B mode is only fun at lower speeds or with softest footboard setting. Otherwise it feels like riding the tilt back all the time. I cannot correct it with pedal angle setting. A mode feels more comfortable and like it used to. I also noticed that the app sometimes shows the wrong mode if you relaunch it.

You have to have the confirmation for the mode to be changed.  It makes the “duh” noise when it swaps.  

Ha! I knew it was a Solowheel Snafu... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

How come this is so transparent that Solowheel wants to make themselves relevent again by pushing their firmware to make the V10 ride like an older Solowheel. What a waste!

This firmware has been a complete mistep, and I am still not sure why any of it was done, besides the idea that Solowheel needs attention. Well hopefully they have gotten an earfull. I doubt they have actually learned anything in a business sense from their Firmware snafu. There was nothing wrong with the original firmware, that the update fixed. It goes no faster, it turns no better and the ease in the pedals is a drawback, not a plus since it makes the V10 seem more loose and less secure in its traction.

I look forward to the new firmware. There is a lot that Solowheel has to make up for with this update. Keeping people from enjoying their new purchase, many of whom depend on it for transportation, is beyond the pale for a company that brags about its safety, and their feeling of Song. 

Talk about ruining the good will that has welled up from the Community for this new synergy and the new headquarters in San Diego. You really have a lot to make up for. You mention that it will take two weeks to fix, but shouldnt you have taken that time to test it out before you released it? Its hard for us that love the V8 and V10 to support this type of an attack from the company we have come to promote out of love for the ride. 

Solowheel really needs to take this to heart. The rest of us already have. Creve cour.

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

We've paused the firmware because some valuable feedback from you guys, and we'll keep working on it for a week or two, and then @eddiemoy will help us to test it before we release it to public again.  For those who has upgraded already, don't worry, the firmware itself doesn't have any safety issues, and you can upgrade again when the next version is available, and also I'd like to  provide you some insights of the firmware 2.2.6.

The biggest difference that we can recognize is that the new firmware provide two modes which are A and B, actually after my communication with our team, I realized that it's weren't intended to be "Eco and Sport" modes, but more from technical aspect to provide these two options. The engineer team developed a new Motor Control approach which has adopted d into Mode A, and it brought lots of benefits. While the team was not so sure if customers like to get ride of the previous riding mode completely which is Mode B, so they provided these two options there, willing to hear more from customers. I know it's a late explanation, and we'll make sure to inform this kind of info in the future. Please refer to the photo below for the difference, and we appreciate to hear back more from you.

Difference between Mode A and B.png

None of this appeared to be true from my riding experience. Mode B did not explain the original firmware at all. I am sure they are sorry for the misteps, but honesty is still better than the CYA explanation being pushed out to us. I am not impressed with the response so far.

I was impressed with the original firmware and was actually thinking what a paradigm shift it was for Chinese engineers and coders. There was a time I would have insisted on the computer firmware to have been done in the USA for better quality control. I was impressed with the idea that I felt safer with the Chineses engineers than I was with Seattle engineers. Yes, home of Microsoft lost to Shenzhen. That was remarkable to witness as a techie.

Perhaps Bob can fix this problem, but I am now nearly convinced that engineers from the USA have proved that to be true. So the biggest reveal is that China is ascending and the USA is in decline with regards to this Vehicle. 

5 hours ago, Fastmike said:

Over Power...? Can you please let me know after how many miles he got that bad tilt back? Any other wheel overheated in your group? Just strange for a supposedly 2000W motor.

Hopefully new firmware will be better tuned...

We were riding relatively slowly, with multiple stops. So it wasn't a matter of miles ridden, but the incline that we were riding. His wheel did not overheat. According to the Inmotion app the wheel was drawing too much power, so it stopped him. The six other wheels were Gotway's and they had no problems the entire night.

I am thinking there was something in the trail that bumped him off the V10 or that there was a round rock or round stick that bumped him off. The motor is capable of nearly 4K power spikes. My V8 has done over 2kw as measured by the Inmotion app with no warnings. I have been bumped off the V10 by a 2” small log that spun in a weird way when I rolled over it throwing me off the V10. 

This is probably what happened on the dark trail ride in Griffith Park, not a failure of the V10 motor.

@Bobwheel

I like the ride modes idea.   Have you ever looked into onewheel?  Its a very popular usa based company that has a one wheeled skateboard.

They've released several new ride modes and named them crazing things like "sequoia", "cruz", or "Delirium".   These modes all FEEL pretty different, its not just the top speed that changes on them.   Some react differently when breaking/accelerating or when hitting bumps, etc... very similar to your different ride modes.

My point is, that I think you're on the right track creating different ride modes.   Constant updates are what has driven onewheels growth and popularity in the US. 

I think you just need a better naming scheme.  Here are some ideas:

• Classic - for the original ride settings
  • Smooth/glassy/react/fluent/creamy - Playing off the description of "A" mode.

BUT you should probably keep the old ride settings as well.   There are too many people that dislike change.   Most of the complaints I've heard about on the new firmware (excluding extreme tiltback and speed limit) have to do with ride feel.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I am thinking there was something in the trail that bumped him off the V10 or that there was a round rock or round stick that bumped him off. The motor is capable of nearly 4K power spikes. My V8 has done over 2kw as measured by the Inmotion app with no warnings. I have been bumped off the V10 by a 2” small log that spun in a weird way when I rolled over it throwing me off the V10. 

This is probably what happened on the dark trail ride in Griffith Park, not a failure of the V10 motor.

Hmmm, let's see, it happened about 6 times that night, including when we were on the paved road up to the antennas. Nope, nothing to do with the ride conditions other than the not-too-severe inclines that we were riding.

Keep in mind that according to @1wheeler, he's about 200-pounds. At your riding weight Bill, you'll probably never experience the same issue.

51 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Thanks Marty! 

That's bad! Too much power for a 2000W motor... something is not right except if he did try to accelerate very violently?

No

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Keep in mind that according to @1wheeler, he's about 200-pounds. At your riding weight Bill, you'll probably never experience the same issue.

No disrespect intended in this comment, but I have found this to be a tiresome excuse for poor riding style or a riding style that matches other vehicles but not the one being ridden. I have often taken 20-30 lbs in my backpack with car parts and other heavy stuff. My range has never varied. I actually carried a twenty pound frozen/ defrosting roast along with some beverages to my friends for their after Ramadan celebration 14 miles and still had over 50% power on my V10. It did take almost 5 hrs to recharge and rebalance.

I find that the hills provide more regeneration to the motor at this weight and the only difference is getting up to speed. Once up to speed the weight is balanced thereby making it half the weight in difference to my usual weight and not noticable at all, unless you ride like you are trying to deadweight the vehicle. Much in the same way as a 50lb child can make themselves seem like they are nearly 100lbs when you want to lift them out of your favorite chair.

Did @1Wheeler upgrade his firmware, or was that the original firmware? The updated firmware did that to me on Saturday too going over moderate bumps at 15-17mph. Never happened with the original firmware to me.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

This firmware has been a complete mistep, and I am still not sure why any of it was done, besides the idea that Solowheel needs attention. Well hopefully they have gotten an earfull. I doubt they have actually learned anything in a business sense from their Firmware snafu. There was nothing wrong with the original firmware, that the update fixed. It goes no faster, it turns no better and the ease in the pedals is a drawback, not a plus since it makes the V10 seem more loose and less secure in its traction.

I am actually finding that this newer firmware rides MUCH better on the hilly terrain around my home. I no longer get the dreaded overload please step off during every ride. I am still able to overheat the vehicle but it seems to take much longer and I enjoy the smooth acceleration of Mode A. The only issues I have with the newer firmware is the lower speed and constant beeping around 21 MPH. I don't find the tiltback to be as bad as @eddiemoy did but I am a much larger person and weigh quite a bit more than he does. 

56 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Did @1Wheeler upgrade his firmware, or was that the original firmware? The updated firmware did that to me on Saturday too going over moderate bumps at 15-17mph. Never happened with the original firmware to me.

Yes he did according to his previous posts   ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scap said:

I am actually finding that this newer firmware rides MUCH better on the hilly terrain around my home. I no longer get the dreaded overload please step off during every ride. I am still able to overheat the vehicle but it seems to take much longer and I enjoy the smooth acceleration of Mode A. The only issues I have with the newer firmware is the lower speed and constant beeping around 21 MPH. I don't find the tiltback to be as bad as @eddiemoy did but I am a much larger person and weigh quite a bit more than he does. 

I tried to get mine to overheat with the original firmware and was totally unable to do it. It was 80°, sunny and I took it up and down and up again a hill as steep as a cliff. I will post the video of Griffith Park’s ‘cliff hill climb’ later today to show the strees put on the V10F. 

The different feelings from the V10 owners lead me to believe that there are definite quality control issues with the new V10f. I hope it isnt like that, but the contradictory reports from all the riders and the anomalous fault with @1Wheeler on the Griffith Park nite ride, I am concerned for my baby.

• Upvote 1