New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

27 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Comfort should be the new version (more comfortable) vs the previous "classic" version:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Thought the newer mode will be less comfort but more reactive wheel... my bad. ?

Superfluous Breaking / ?Generator? mode after low Battery warning!   ***Firmware flaw?***

When draining the battery the low battery sound is played, the pedals tilt back 45° and there is a strong backward force (what for???)! Switching the V10F off and on does the trick in order to calm the V10F (without the moving motion!) and to get the pedals horizontal again. Then you could push it to the next socket. However, when this happened to me there was no socket close and I did not even have my charger with me. :mellow:

I had to travel 4 km to the next train station and after the train ride another 5 km to the socket at my hotel: So I stepped on the V10F again and again and again. After the 4th low battery warning the app still showed >10%  battery charge, but the trick no longer worked (pedals turn backwards or forward to 45° with strong moving force in the other direction after switching off and on the V10F)! :confused1:

1. For 2 km I pushed against this force in order to get forward and wondered if my efforts at least would charge the battery again. Is this some kind of Generator-mode in order to recharge the battery? I doubt it because the app indicated no charging!
  2. For a few meters I tried to turn the V10F around in order to use this backward force as forward motion, but for this it is necessary to grab the wheel with both hands (the handle is no use at all - you can't control the V10F with it when the pedals are at 45°!) and after a minute my back ached and I had to stop!
  3. So I had to switch off the EUC and while walking and jogging and pushing I had to balance this "dead" V10F for quite a few kilometers! :wacko:
    Knowing that it still had >10%  battery did not mollify me at all. :furious:

So I just wondered if anybody with the new firmware experienced a low battery warning without this (strong backward force) bug?
I am still using firmware 1.1.6

Edited by Gunthor
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gunthor said:

Superfluous Breaking / ?Generator? mode after low Battery warning!   ***Firmware flaw?***

When draining the battery the low battery sound is played, the pedals tilt back 45° and there is a strong backward force (what for???)! Switching the V10F off and on does the trick in order to calm the V10F (without the moving motion!) and to get the pedals horizontal again. Then you could push it to the next socket. However, when this happened to me there was no socket close and I did not even have my charger with me. :mellow:

I had to travel 4 km to the next train station and after the train ride another 5 km to the socket at my hotel: So I stepped on the V10F again and again and again. After the 4th low battery warning the app still showed >10%  battery charge, but the trick no longer worked (pedals turn backwards or forward to 45° with strong moving force in the other direction after switching off and on the V10F)! :confused1:

1. For 2 km I pushed against this force in order to get forward and wondered if my efforts at least would charge the battery again. Is this some kind of Generator-mode in order to recharge the battery? I doubt it because the app indicated no charging!
  2. For a few meters I tried to turn the V10F around in order to use this backward force as forward motion, but for this it is necessary to grab the wheel with both hands (the handle is no use at all - you can't control the V10F with it when the pedals are at 45°!) and after a minute my back ached and I had to stop!
  3. So I had to switch off the EUC and while walking and jogging and pushing I had to balance this "dead" V10F for quite a few kilometers! :wacko:
    Knowing that it still had >10%  battery did not mollify me at all. :furious:

So I just wondered if anybody with the new firmware experienced a low battery warning without this (strong backward force) bug?
I am still using firmware 1.1.6

Not a nice experience for sure... hopefully fixable by new firmware... InMotion should make it drivable with a very low speed limit for safety reason, but usuable.

Edited by Fastmike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunthor said:

When draining the battery the low battery sound is played, the pedals tilt back 45° and there is a strong backward force (what for???)!

Is the user manual not provided with the wheel? Atleast it was easily found at their website:

https://file.inmotionworld.com/imscv-en/userManual/2018/06/28/20180628103903378337.pdf

"When the electric quantity comes up to or is lower than the minimum driving voltage (10%), the unicycle body will automatically tilt up the pedal to give the user the hint to stop driving, otherwise it will cause damage to the unicycle."

Did you check the battery voltage when at 10%?

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Is the user manual not provided with the wheel?

Thank you @mrelwood for the link.:efee47c9c8:  There was no manual in the package (got one from the first patch) and I couldn't find the manual in the Internet 3 weeks ago. As it does not mention the experienced strong backward motion this confirms my assumption that this is a firmware bug! A few minutes ago I asked Inmotion to remove this.

Did you check the battery voltage when at 10%?

I didn't. I hope I'll be able to avoid this situation in the future but I'll remember to do so if it happens again. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Gunthor

7 hours ago, Gunthor said:

As it does not mention the experienced strong backward motion this confirms my assumption that this is a firmware bug!

The way I understand what you wrote and what the manual reads, it does:

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

"When the electric quantity comes up to or is lower than the minimum driving voltage (10%), the unicycle body will automatically tilt up the pedal to give the user the hint to stop driving, otherwise it will cause damage to the unicycle."

Everything you have written so far about the issue is normal behavior on EUCs, not a bug.

7 hours ago, Gunthor said:

I didn't. I hope I'll be able to avoid this situation in the future but I'll remember to do so if it happens again. :efee8319ab:

10% of the battery (on a linear scale) is 62.4V, that's when the wheel is supposed to force the rider off the wheel. If the forced unmount stayed on at a higher voltage, then it's a bug.

Do remember that the voltage dips the moment the wheel has to keep your weight balanced, let alone when you accelerate or ride uphill. A 20% battery probably goes below 10% during even a peaceful acceleration.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

10% of the battery (on a linear scale) is 62.4V, that's when the wheel is supposed to force the rider off the wheel. If the forced unmount stayed on at a higher voltage, then it's a bug.

Well - this statement will be true for EUC with big battery. For my 5F - it isn't. There you will be 'kicked off' by backward pedal tilt when battery is 0%. 

40 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Well - this statement will be true for EUC with big battery. For my 5F - it isn't. There you will be 'kicked off' by backward pedal tilt when battery is 0%. 

Yes, we were talking about the V10, and the 10% was a direct quote from the V10 user manual. Each EUC model may of course have it’s own kick-off voltage/percentage.

On the KS 16S the kick-off voltage is 48V, but 0% battery is 50V.

The way I understand what you wrote and what the manual reads, it does

I wrote: " backward force", "moving motion", "strong moving force" so I thought this to be clear enough that the wheel in a strong accelerating state. So the Firmware-Bug I'm talking about is not the tilt back but the fact that together with the tilt back the wheel wants to move backward with high speed! I need to hold the wheel firm in order to not get run over by the wheel. If I don't hold the wheel it would try to run into me or someone else!!! This is dangerous and abnormal behavior - especially on slopes - and needs to be addressed!

• Upvote 1

Hi there. I have 3 questions about new V10F:

1. Does it available to delete my own DIY light settings from inmotion app?
Didn't find this function.

2. Does new firmware still have problems? Is it safety to install it now? Now i'm using original factory firmware.

3. I found ability to autorize my wheel with serial number. What new function will i get after inputing my serial number there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunthor said:

I wrote: " backward force", "moving motion", "strong moving force" so I thought this to be clear enough that the wheel in a strong accelerating state. So the Firmware-Bug I'm talking about is not the tilt back but the fact that together with the tilt back the wheel wants to move backward with high speed! I need to hold the wheel firm in order to not get run over by the wheel. If I don't hold the wheel it would try to run into me or someone else!!! This is dangerous and abnormal behavior - especially on slopes - and needs to be addressed!

Well - that is the same with 5F. I tried to switch it on after 10 min walking home - I do get the same behaviour. I don't care.

Hi,

because here are V10F problems postet (although I've described it in Newbie - V10F thread), I'll add my trouble with the wheel.

I got the wheel late Thursday. I did up to now roughly 130 km. Everything - for me - is fine, as long as I won't change direction or driving curves. Carving(slalom) is no problem - whatever speed. As soon as I'm doing turns, the wheel does pedal tilt to the front so I'm standing on the wheel as I would fall to the front. I can only compensate this by going into th knees. But this is more than uncomfortable. I did the body calibration perfectly levelled, mislevelled an so on - no change. After calibration the first few moves (turns) are not the hard pedal tilt. As soon as the wheel has been accelerated, this bug is back. For comparison I've got my V5F - no problem - the pedal position stays constant. This pedalt tilt also comes up if you are riding f.i. say with 20 km/h and you trying circles with say radius of 50 m. After a few meters you are standing on the wheel if you would fall to the front. 

Despite that, I#m loosing connection to my Android quite often - at least 2 times per ride. This won't happen with my 5 F. App ist 7.0.4.

FW of the wheel is original form manufacturer version 1.xx

Any suggestion? 

Help would be appreciated befor sending back the wheel to Spain!

Regards

a frustrated V10F owner

55 minutes ago, Дмитрий Анатольевич said:

Hi there. I have 3 questions about new V10F:

1. Does it available to delete my own DIY light settings from inmotion app?
Didn't find this function.

2. Does new firmware still have problems? Is it safety to install it now? Now i'm using original factory firmware.

3. I found ability to autorize my wheel with serial number. What new function will i get after inputing my serial number there?

1. At least on iOS app you can drag the name of you DIY light effect to the left and it will reveal option to delete or rename. (Btw, did you get any of your own designs to show on the wheel yet?)

2. Not yet. 2.2.6 will cripple your top speed and start too early tiltback. Wait for a later release. And I believe it’s not even available anymore. 

3. I didn’t see any new function by doing that. I guess it’s for other purposes. I’m not sure. 

49 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hi,

because here are V10F problems postet (although I've described it in Newbie - V10F thread), I'll add my trouble with the wheel.

I got the wheel late Thursday. I did up to now roughly 130 km. Everything - for me - is fine, as long as I won't change direction or driving curves. Carving(slalom) is no problem - whatever speed. As soon as I'm doing turns, the wheel does pedal tilt to the front so I'm standing on the wheel as I would fall to the front. I can only compensate this by going into th knees. But this is more than uncomfortable. I did the body calibration perfectly levelled, mislevelled an so on - no change. After calibration the first few moves (turns) are not the hard pedal tilt. As soon as the wheel has been accelerated, this bug is back. For comparison I've got my V5F - no problem - the pedal position stays constant. This pedalt tilt also comes up if you are riding f.i. say with 20 km/h and you trying circles with say radius of 50 m. After a few meters you are standing on the wheel if you would fall to the front. 

Despite that, I#m loosing connection to my Android quite often - at least 2 times per ride. This won't happen with my 5 F. App ist 7.0.4.

FW of the wheel is original form manufacturer version 1.xx

Any suggestion? 

Help would be appreciated befor sending back the wheel to Spain!

Regards

a frustrated V10F owner

I sometimes also have the same problem with my KingSong 16-C.

I've solved the problem by tilting the pedals 2 degrees backwards, with recalibration. I'm also a beginner and I often try to steer/force the wheel with my feet. In this kind of situations you propebly use more power than the engine can handle at the moment, with the result that the pedal tilt forwards.
On my android 8.1 phone is it possible to settle how much data the wheel can use with the app. When the limit has been reached, it stops working. Change the settings so that the app is allowed to use unlimited quantity of data. I hope this can resolve that problem.
One thing is certainly sure, it is not a good idea to send back your wheel. All brands have similar problems (if I owned a Inmotion V10F I should be very happy ?).

Regards

Carl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, dismason said:

On my android 8.1 phone is it possible to settle how much data the wheel can use with the app. When the limit has been reached, it stops working. Change the settings so that the app is allowed to use unlimited quantity of data. I hope this can resolve that problem.
Regards

Carl

Hi,

where can you do this?

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

1. At least on iOS app you can drag the name of you DIY light effect to the left and it will reveal option to delete or rename. (Btw, did you get any of your own designs to show on the wheel yet?)

FYI ........I was able to save my own diy light design to my V10F using the iOS App and sitting wheel on its butt stand like the position to re-calbrate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

FYI ........I was able to save my own diy light design to my V10F using the iOS App and sitting wheel on its butt stand like the position to re-calbrate.

I also got the transfer to happen doing it like this but the wheel didn’t show the lights. Did you do it with some previous version of the app?

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Can someone post a picture of this stand?

Is it built into the shell or was I supposed to install it on my V10F?

7 minutes ago, King Llama said:

Can someone post a picture of this stand?

Is it built into the shell or was I supposed to install it on my V10F?

it’s just that lip molded into the shell where the tire retreats into the housing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I also got the transfer to happen doing it like this but the wheel didn’t show the lights. Did you do it with some previous version of the app?

Nope, original firmware on the wheel and used the most recent iOS version of the app. Saved just fine and displays on the wheel. I did the kinda gold colored lights with no motion......I think it looks really cool.......will get a picture for you when I can.

Anyone has seen over 2500W on their V10F?

It is supposed to be a 2000W motor (sustained) with peaks up to 4000W, but all the people (over than 85Kg) having overload problem don't go over 1000W...

I have seen only one screen capture showing about 2500W peak if I recall well. So are those motors really 2000W motors?

15 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

I got over 2kW all the time.   Highest I noticed was 2700.   There are other reports in this thread as well...

Great! Thanks.

May I ask your weight and if over 85Kgs, if you also face the overload problem?

Cheers

Edited by Fastmike

2 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

Great! Thanks.

May I ask your weight and if over 85Kgs, if you also face the overload problem?

Cheers

I'm 88 kg not all loaded up, I've had the 45deg tiltback 4ish times, I don't know about the overload thing since my sound wasn't working.