New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

..... and this is the bluetooth speaker capability ppl were complaining about?!? Seems it's just coming from the front speaker, which I think they've always had the audio coming from anyways (either that or the back on prior models)

• Like 1

That is a LARGE and heavy wheel for a 16". Definitely a negative side on this. Not the biggest issue but something to get used to coming from Ninebot One S2. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

2000W max = ~1200W nominal? I was hoping for more than KS16S level motor, but I guess it's ok if they use it right (firmware etc.)

No, it’s 2000w nominal. They say the motor is 2.3x more powerful as v8.

37 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nice!

At 9.6" x 5.3", the VX/VXF pedals are the biggest (longest and widest) EUC pedals available, even if the Ninebot Z10 drops with their new pedals!

VX/VXF pedals: 9.6" x 5.3"

Z pedals: approx 9.5" x 4.5"

MSuperV3 pedals: approx 8" x 4.5"

KS18S pedals: approx 8" x 5"

Analyzing the impact videos I also believe the increased pedal size will be beneficial in protecting the side shells from major damage. 

27492876818_1aa1259eff_b.jpg40468875355_8fd0d9e7fe_z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobwheel said:
  • V10-$1299
  • V10F-1599

Well that's better pricing than I expected. Curious to see what range reviews actually get.

Personally I'm not massively impressed right away. Bigger peddles seem nice, wider tire would be really nice, and the range+power upgrade is cool, but it's not a huge improvement over the V8. Also is it actually in the same shell, just with the wheel moved down to fit the batteries?

3 hours ago, US69 said:

But what totally lacks with this Kind of trolley is carrying the wheel! No Chance anymore to get your Hand around the handle, as now a rod and a clumsy attachment is above.

Totally agree here. I have to pick up the wheel a lot, so more bulk around the handle would be frustrating. I was kind of hoping for more study design for the integrated though since it can be a bit wobbly.

3 minutes ago, ramma said:

Well that's better pricing than I expected. Curious to see what range reviews actually get.

Personally I'm not massively impressed right away. Bigger peddles seem nice, wider tire would be really nice, and the range+power upgrade is cool, but it's not a huge improvement over the V8. Also is it actually in the same shell, just with the wheel moved down to fit the batteries?

Totally agree here. I have to pick up the wheel a lot, so more bulk around the handle would be frustrating. I was kind of hoping for more study design for the integrated though since it can be a bit wobbly.

I got the same feeling, not very impressed but the price as also not changed much (V8 x V10).
@US69 @ramma regarding carrying the wheel, I think the weight speaks for everything - too heavy anyway..

On the whole, I like the wheel but to be honest, I'm happy with my new V8. Do not need a faster and longer rides. This V10 falls to a different category, more off road wheels and there I would choose a different one.

btw... anyone knows when they will release a new/updated android app?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Only the cell type changes, so this is correct.

OK, I doubt the different cells weight the same, but if the pack is the same cell count then I can see the weight is very very close.

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, US69 said:

Yes, sure i have tested and used both...

The handlng with the v5 handle might be a tick better than the inside trolley, absolutly agreed!

But what totally lacks with this Kind of trolley is carrying the wheel! No Chance anymore to get your Hand around the handle, as now a rod and a clumsy attachment is above.

So carrying only possible with fingers under the handle and "a open Hand"...

Thats why i dont like this type of trolley...but in the end thats all personal choice

i've not tried the phallic looking handle, how does it compare to the integrated handle from KS?  I suppose there is nothing more stable than an integrated handle that is right at the center.

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

i've not tried the phallic looking handle, how does it compare to the integrated handle from KS?  I suppose there is nothing more stable than an integrated handle that is right at the center.

I don't know about the handle looking "phallic". Actually in my opinion it's pretty cool design. I have both the inmotion v5 and the KS16S. I'd choose the inmotion handle over the built-in KS handle anytime. As for carrying the wheels, they're both equally easy to carry (apart from being heavy that is). Getting your hand and fingers around the handle is no problem. In fact, personally I find it more difficult to carry the KS wheel because of it's non-parallel-handle construction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dodgez said:

I don't know about the handle looking "phallic". Actually in my opinion it's pretty cool design. I have both the inmotion v5 and the KS16S. I'd choose the inmotion handle over the built-in KS handle anytime. As for carrying the wheels, they're both equally easy to carry (apart from being heavy that is). Getting your hand and fingers around the handle is no problem. In fact, personally I find it more difficult to carry the KS wheel because of it's non-parallel-handle construction.

Not really worried about carrying the wheel as I've never had to really carry it.  I'm just worried rolling it around and how maneuverable it is with the handle.  Need to try it out this weekend.

The motor and large pedals are nice. Sure took the manufacturers a long time to think more about the pedals. Overall a solid wheel at a good price if there are no issues with the wheel in the real world. 

Edited by FreeRide

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Scorpion tail is the best! 

There is no other trolley solution where I can twirl the wheel any which way about.

My only concern is that, when I had the same trolley on my former V5F+, the small screws affixing the curved stick tended to unscrew due to riding vibration. Hopefully the made this better @Bobwheel?

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

OK, I doubt the different cells weight the same, but if the pack is the same cell count then I can see the weight is very very close.

What's there not to believe?

Going off @US69's estimates:

2.15Ah Samsung 22P: 44.5 g / 3560g (7.85 lbs) for 80 cells

3.2Ah LG MH1: 49g / 3920g (8.64 lbs) for 80 cells

Just a .8 lb difference.

• Like 2

@Bobwheel 

What i like to know are some things about the max Speed:

Is this wheel 40kmh max on the complete battery life? (Probably not)

If not, what are the characteristics of Speed reduction? Does it go proportional down over the complete battery Charge?

Or does it only go down on a certain percentage, like for example 30%???

My opinion so far:

Nice wheel, the wide 2,5 tire could make me interested in this wheel, as i prefer normally 18inch wheels for a more stable ride. The 2,5 Inch might help to Change that opinion.

Other than that...(for me) nothing so very Special.

I like the General look and the Speed capabilities (when it is not getting slower from a full battery on)

Nice big pedals...but unfortunatly with rubber, my experience says grip tape is still the best....all other EUC companies learned that in the meanwhile, too, btw.

The Speaker sounds like a joke on the 2 chinese Reviews i saw, Sorry......

Funny is that they say the V10 -1800W and V10F 2000W have the same Motor and only because of the battery different wattage numbers announced.

Funny because both are 20S4P Battery Systems, both 80 cells are capable of 10Amp, so both battery-packtypes should deliver 40Amps-

840Wx4= 3280Watt on full battery

680Wx4 =2720Watt on empty battery

Sounds for me just as an other (false) Argument for the V10F, it would be not that much arguments for the V10F over the V10 if the only difference would be the range, i guess...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Marty Backe, if you get your hands on this wheel, please take it up this specific path on your stress test, the path on the right where the KS14S crapped out because it was too steep. And if the V10 makes it up that hill, please look for something even steeper! :w00t2:

I cued the video up to show which path on the right I'm talking about:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Marty Backe prefers the KS14S for offroad riding, particularly the more difficult/technical terrain, where the twitchy-ness of the 14" wheel really helps navigate the bumps.

I'm guessing the slim design of the V10, combined with the high pedal height, 2.5" width on 16" wheel, 2000 watt motor, and highest torque ever in an EUC has a great chance of replacing the KS14S for being Marty's favorite offroad wheel.

I believe Jason called it the best handling wheel last week, and that might really be appreciated most on the rough trails.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ramma said:

Will the new app work with previous models? Cause constantly getting this is reaaaallly annoying.

Screenshot_20180410-075648.thumb.png.3138193f0dc5aca2d1f6479d11ca2832.png

I don't think this is an app error. I'm guessing you brought a wheel from a foreign dealer on Aliexpress and the wheel is not an international version. As such it is region locked to China. Try doing what you need to do while running a VPN that outputs your internet connection in China. May need to turn of GPS too. 

6 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

One thing not discussed yet is the reported 30 degree max incline angle.

I've never seen a wheel with a reported max angle that high. The highest I've seen is 28 degrees from the Gotway MCM4 High Torque version.

When you combine the reported 30 degree max incline angle with the advanced cooling features, you're looking at what might be the best hill climbing wheel on the market, and perhaps the wheel with the best acceleration from 0-20 or 0-25 mph.

Then you add the high pedal height and fat tire, and you're looking at a real off-road mountain climbing monster. Of course, the Gotway Monster can't climb hills as steep as this.

The 16" wheel gives the V10 more instant torque for climbing the steepest hills. 18" and 22" wheels are simply at a disadvantage in that regard.

Also, because every other new wheel out there puts a huge emphasis on top speed rather than torque/acceleration/hills, these other wheels likely won't be able to compete in a drag race with the V10, and they'd all be left behind on the steepest of hills.

Not bad for a wheel priced cheaper or equal to all the other 2000 watt motor wheels out there.

As a rider who appreciates crazy torque more than top speed, this is a sick, sick wheel, and the reported 30 degree max climbing angle is not only best ever, but completely overlooked in this thread so far.

I'm guessing this wheel was designed to be a KS-16S killer, and it appears to have done so in every regard. And even the pricing is competitive, unbelievable.

Actual KS S series are all able to do such hills ....14-18...no Problem. Actual GW's like Tesla and ACM2 are capable of the same

Here are some 14d/s and 16s hill climb abilities, both directions:

Have you seen some of Marty's "Overheat hill" tests lately?

With actual wheels hill climbing abilities are not that much of a Problem anymore, at least not in any normal and real life Scenarios.

I would allways advise not to do any 25-30degree hill climbing for longer. That is a totally stress for your batterys and most likely takes away a good percentage of the lifespan of the batterys on just one hill.....no matter which wheel you own.

• Like 3