WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

11 hours ago, Seba said:

The problem with second page may be related to your screen configuration. If font size is too large, it will cause not displaying the entire page....

Maybe you should try to decrease text size in your Android settings?

Hello @Seba!

Thank you so much!

That was it. Seems this has changed during the last update on my device. 

Now it works!

Thx again. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 2:02 PM, Seba said:

Right. This is my plan:

I will start at 9:00 CEST.

Looks like we follow the same system. Plan with Komoot (PC, browser-based so map can be changed works best for me), then WheelLog to record the tour (And Komoot as failsafe, since by 18XL keeps disconnecting constantly )

Thanks for taking the time to share the tour, I'll add your route to my favourites for whenever I manage to get to Poland! (although I'll probably be doing it in reverse order, from South to North). The ideal scenario would be for me to do the route on my wheel, and my girlfriend to meet me at the day's destination with the motorhome, but I don't trust her with it anymore...the last time she drove it, she went under a bridge that was too low and it cost me nearly 2000€ to fix the roof :roflmao:

So perhaps I'll have to do it in 50 km stretches: 50 km from the motorhome, then 50 km back, and drive to the destination. It kind of defeats the point but...it's cheaper than staying at hotels/hostels (and certainly cheaper than fixing broken roofs :efee612b4b:). Were there many <3 metre bridges on your tour? :roflmao:

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, Seba said:

I want to be fair for everyone. @GMOne built very usefult version for people with small screen devices. I focused mainly on voice alerts/messages and online data logging. I know that it would be great to merge both functionalities into one piece of software. But it's not that easy. WheelLog was developed by many people, having different level of programming & platform knowledge and different style of development. This is why I call WheelLog a "patchwork". Unfortunately, this make WheelLog hard to develop, as you'll never know if changing something in one place won't cause a bug in another.

I'm personally responsible for my WL fork and I strive to make it as robust as I can. At the same time I publish all my sources so anyone may take whatever he wants and use it in own project :) That's the idea of open software. At the same time I can use some code and ideas from @GMOne's code and definitely I will. But, again, personally I don't think that I should now focus on making my WheelLog version capable running on small screen devices. There are many other features on my to-do list that will be beneficial to every user. It's obvious they have precedence over features like small screen readability. How many of you use such devices? I have to use my free, limited time wisely so it will serve as much users as possible.

To prevent confusion, it might be worth rebranding the different forks to SebaLog and GMOneLog :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

On 6/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, PogArt Artur said:

I have old mobile phone left over, I'm thinking to mount it on my wrist guard instead.

Looks like I'm not the only poor man on the forum who's unable to afford a smartwatch (and 10 wheels :efee612b4b:), because I was planning on doing the same thing!

• Like 1

@SebaHow was your trip? I checked in on you from time to time...No matter what time of day it was, I always got a "Seba is on tour" :roflmao:

You did some crazy mileage! Your legs of steel must make superman look like a pussy by now! :efee612b4b: Great pictures too! (Did you upgrade to the new phone or is the old one only bad at low-light pics? 'Cause your pics look fantastic! Although I'm a bit disappointed I didn't see any of @Smoother waiting for you at a checkpoint wearing his thong....:efee612b4b:)

BTW, which wheel did you use for the trip? The L or the XL? (I'm guessing the latter, but didn't see any BT disconnections in your logs so...:efee612b4b:) I've been having serious BT issues with my 18XL. They disappeared with the upgrade to firmware 1.12, but now they're back again. And BAD....as in if I take my phone out of my pocket and put it chest-high to check Komoot, it disconnects and I literally have to place it on top of the wheel (is if it were NFC) for it to reconnect. I'm starting to think that KS cut costs on the XL and put in a terrible BT module...(my in-helmet speakers work fine, even 10m from the phone...so it's definitely not my phone). I might contact my distributor (the wheel has a 2 year warranty) because between this and the lift sensor...I shouldn't be having issues of this sort with a €2K+ wheel...

As to WheelLog (now that you're back from your tour and I can annoy you again :efee612b4b:,) I've been having some issues lately. The app crashes from time to time ever since I updated to 2.0.30 (with 2.0.31 it's even worse). I haven't been able to find a pattern...sometimes it's when I switch "tabs", sometimes, for no apparent reason, it crashes in the background while I'm doing something else with my phone (texting, etc.). Has anyone else experienced these issues? Or is a phone factory reset overdue? (It lags a bit lately, but I have no crashing issues with any other apps: Samsung S7 Android 7.0)

As a request (aren't you glad I'm back to pester you with requests? hahaha), I'd like to request that the pause function actually pauses GPS recording. I think other users have mentioned this before (people who commute and only want to record data when riding, but not while in the subway, for example). In my case, it's because I export the gpx file to Relive, and since gps doesn't actually pause, even though on euc.world I get separate average speeds (total vs time in motion), when I import the gpx to Relive, the avg speed drops down dramatically (if I stop for lunch and take my time, I end up with a 3 km/h avg speed, while avg speed in motion is actually 23 km/h, for example. But Relive, Strava, etc., take into account the lower speed that the euc.world gpx file provides them. And...you know...my ego wants to show off higher speeds and not look like I've been overtaken by an 80-year-old with a cane :efee612b4b:). So I find myself with Kommot doing the navigation and recording the trip with WheelLog and Strava at the same time (serious battery drain...). Which makes me furious, given how much money I've paid to use your WheelLog fork! :roflmao:

Jokes aside, I'd like to stress how grateful I am for the wonderful work you've done, and will refrain from any further requests until I've sent you a donation (worth at least one beer for every pain in the ass I've caused you :efee612b4b:)

• Like 2

Guest PogArt Artur
41 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Looks like I'm not the only poor man on the forum who's unable to afford a smartwatch (and 10 wheels :efee612b4b:), because I was planning on doing the same thing!

hahahaaa 😁

The watches are pretty pricey ... 🤔

This is why I consider the leftover mobile phone instead 😎

I'm not using it yet, but planning to 😁 

49 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Well I were thinking the same, but I got a BTcomms set in my helmet instead and use voice read out instead. 

The plus side of this is I can have turn by turn GPS and phone conversation and music too if I choose. 

I will take the moment to lift the hat in salute to @Sebalike many other in appreciation of his work with Wheelog (and those before him of course) :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
6 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I got a BTcomms set in my helmet instead and use voice read out instead. 

That's VERY SMART !

😎

The buttons are connected via Bluetooth, or? How many Bluetooth connections can a smartphone have at the same time? I think only 2, one data and one audio. My smartphone is already connected to the EUC (Data/WheelLog) and Bluetooth speaker (Audio). Is there still room for this Flic button?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm currently working on next release of WheelLog that will include some features requested by users. But one of notable features will be support for Flic button, as suggested by @EldARon. This is very easy way to perform three actions - on single button press, double press and long press. There will be possibility to assign several actions to each.

More information about Flic buttons - https://flic.io/

What do you think, what actions should be available to assign? The first things that comes to my mind is horn and turn on/off the lights. What else? :)

Horn is a great idea imho, great.

• Like 1

Horn for starters, then head-lights for double (on/off) press, and long press start/stop wheellog tour recording.

edit: but then again all these can be done "inside" the pebble watchface screens... :-/ 

Edited by Lefteris

18 hours ago, Seba said:

I'm currently working on next release of WheelLog that will include some features requested by users. But one of notable features will be support for Flic button, as suggested by @EldARon. This is very easy way to perform three actions - on single button press, double press and long press. There will be possibility to assign several actions to each.

What do you think, what actions should be available to assign? The first things that comes to my mind is horn and turn on/off the lights. What else? :)

Nice @Seba, but Wheellog incorporated horn in st it?, you probably mean to add support for wheels with not speaker(i hope🙏) because atm only KS users have the possibility to use the (horn)...

In a relevant note I remember when I had the playstore version, my wheel (GW Tesla v1) only beep when you connected... If you changed your configuration like (pedals, ride style etc) when using WL there was no beep, even though you did change it with WL... 

So I hope is possible to add horn throe the beep for no speakers wheels🤙

Edited by ArqFG
  • Upvote 1

Yay! Cheapo Pebble Time for £25 and all hooked up great! Thanks @stephen for the APK and of course all involved in the Wheelog apps. Benefits over my previous Samsung Gear watch:

1. I can now have this as my dedicated wheel watch and can stay permanently  on my wrist guard. (I use my Gear for work).

2. Hugely better battery life (4 days as opposed to 1 - and with the Gear it was a pain having to have enough charge to accomodate both work and the wheel).

3. Hooks up to the phone much more reliably than the Gear (which often had to be restarted every time).

4. Vibration warnings are easily felt through the wristguard even with velcro mounting.

I have to say the displays on both are very good in the sunlight and both are water resistant so no problems with either. I do get additional data on the Pebble though - system temp on page 1 and top speed, ride time and top speed on page 2. All are quite handy. So thanks!

(Ninebot Z6 and Galaxy S9)

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Yay! Cheapo Pebble Time for £25 and all hooked up great! Thanks @stephen for the APK and of course all involved in the Wheelog apps. 

Yep, this is exactly what I have, too. Amazingly, there are still brand new Pebble watches available for much less than $100. Just don't be tempted by any of the first generation Pebble watches on ebay. The batteries wont work after this many years in storage. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, Seba said:

In app I would like below, might be an option for flick too?

2 Preset tiltback speeds PLEASE :-) as quick access buttons, preferably something you can call from an app icon on the phone and also on an extra screen in wheellog.

1. Set tiltback speed to a preset value (that you can choose yourself) at "legal speed"

2. Set tiltback speed back to preset value (that you choose yourself) at "unlocked speed" (basically going back to the "standard/original tiltback" set in the app)

Why?

The day someone gets pulled over its a quick flick to set legal speed and show officers that it is max i.e. 20km/h on the wheel and thus prevent impound or fines.

Or if you want to do a looong ride you can choose tiltback that allows battery to last optimised (i.e. never allow more than 30km/h)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Best horn should be a BT a2dp one :P

I would like to mount a horn like this and be able to control by app/watch via bluetooth.

140 dB bike horn

For those pesky pedestrians that deosn't understand that there is one bicycle lane and one walking lane.

Or those bicyclist that still havent learnt that you ride on the right side

or cars/busses that dont pay attention for that matter, there are plenty (was run over by a car that didnt pay attention once, thats enough)

Good thing in Sweden is that a bell on a "bicycle" can look and sound any way you like, so its even legal :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

THIS HORN SETUP would be EPIC on a EUC :-)

Horn at 4.03 for young kids and old ladies? Or maybe 4.23 to 4.29 horn for some kids :-)

Did i say EPIC? :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1