WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

16 hours ago, GMOne said:

I sent to you privately my mods but, as you have told, your Wheellog is EUC centric, you are not much interested in implementing new features. 

I don't think this is at all fair to @Seba. He has implemented many new features, all serious and significant improvements to Wheellog. We owe him a debt of thanks, and you as well, for advancing your fork. Understand though, that having multiple competing versions of Wheellog does not help, it confuses things. We would all benefit if you both could figure a way to merge your forks. I do understand the challenges in doing so, however, and applaud both of your efforts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

@Seba Can the app update itself or do I need to uninstall, download the latest version, and reinstall to get the latest updates? Is there a way to auto update in future versions?

That is a great feature. But still needs to add a whole self-update framework or something similar.

And the user must have unknown sources on in order for the update to be installed.

And first it needs a webview to grab the new app and fetch it as a downloader and then prompt the user to installed, kill the current process while starting said installer.

But there are services like Pushlink that do the same without a fuzz that implement 4 update strategies 

88341811_Screenshot2019-06-21at08_57_03.thumb.png.0fd462aa75dc456d167c384dd49aa55c.png

But still needs testing, cause i see the website but haven't tested it.

• Like 1

Can the app update itself or do I need to uninstall, download the latest version, and reinstall to get the latest updates?

App cannot update itself, but it should notify you when update is available. And you don't have to uninstall old version before installing new one. This was only important when previous version has been installed from other source. If you're using euc.world version, just install new version over the old one. This way it's not only easier and faster, but also will keep all your settings intact.

Is there a way to auto update in future versions?

Short answer: it depends. Long answer: If I'll be able to resolve problems that cause Pebble not working when application is targeting Android 9, I'll be able to push it to Google Play Store. This way you won't to have about updating, as any future updates will be applied automagically by Google Play. Currently, Google require that any new application that enters Play Store will target API 28 (Android 9). It's technical and may be hard to understand, I know. Currently, changing target API to anything above 25 causes Pebble to stop working with WheelLog.

• Like 1

@Seba did a perfect overview about what happens about Wheellog. I think we can easily find a solution. I won't work about EUC world and social aspects of the program. I want to improve its functionalities. I have a Lemfo LEM4 Pro, and now Wheellog is a perfect companion of rides...

I needed a horn so i added this function. I'm thinking about other features we need, sadly i do not own any round screen Android watch, so any further interface mod is quite difficult (but i could try...).

I have a Ninebot Z10, so i'll try to enrich the program with features about it.

In the meanwhile, i'll try to merge latest version of @Seba with mine, so we can both start from a common base. But TBH i do not know when.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, who_the said:

I don't think this is at all fair to @Seba. He has implemented many new features, all serious and significant improvements to Wheellog. We owe him a debt of thanks, and you as well, for advancing your fork. Understand though, that having multiple competing versions of Wheellog does not help, it confuses things. We would all benefit if you both could figure a way to merge your forks. I do understand the challenges in doing so, however, and applaud both of your efforts.

Thanks for your observations. We both work for free, improving app as best as we can. Time permitting. I didn't feel any competition, i searched for a solution to exactly avoid multiple versions, because it can become a mess. So stay tuned, and thanks for your gratitude! 

GMOne

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GMOne said:

sadly i do not own any round screen Android watch, so any further interface mod is quite difficult (but i could try...).

Would be a pleasure to support you with Screenshots and so on... simply let me know what you need.

Edited by TuN3M@N

On 9/17/2017 at 11:16 PM, julio_map said:

About the SmartWatch Tizen support.

It includes Samsung Gear Sx models (S, S2 and S3)

I have developed using a Samsung Gear S, so I am only sure that it works for this model. But I have tested the screens of other models (round screens) with success.

I have only tested the screens so maybe something else fails. Anyway, it is Javascript, so it should be easy to correct.

Screen-20170916195627.png.4fb2c22e009dc1d20ade55481a1511af.png

This is a sample of what is seen on my square screen... The actual speed, the percentage of battery left, and the distance. Both speed and distance in WheelLog units.

For me, the most important element is the battery left, since I have an Inmotion V5 with a small battery.

The screen remains active all the time (maybe in future versions I understand that it is not needed)

I am afraid that Samsung is not very friendly to install programs out of their store... and in order to install de app, you have to obtain two certificates, a developer certificate and a distributor certificate, which is only valid for YOUR device. So installation from the sources is not an easy process.https://github.com/juliomap/WheelLog-Tizen

To avoid that process, I am trying to upload the application into Gear store. I have submitted the app for approval, and am awaiting for confirmation.

As soon as it is confirmed I will report on this thread.

Is this app already in the gear store? I would like to have it but I am kind of not very tech and I am not sure how to install it how you explain above.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scrounch said:

I noticed a difference between the battery level information of applications !

Battery voltage is, as reported by the wheel, is the same for all apps. Just charge % is (differtly) computed by the apps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Silly question perhaps, could start reading and keep going but this is one subject I am not interested in nerding myself fully into, but after reading just now there are forks of the Wheelog and more to think about, compatibility etc it may be easier top just ask?

I cannot hear the MSX buzzer at times, especially when windy outside and more often than not riding at the limit it's about time to look into alternatives, though about Wheelog on a smartwatch before cause I though that I can see the bar if not hearing it and get a feeling for how close to the last warning I am?

So is there any of them very cheap smart watches available that is compatible and work, low cost is more important than long term quality, battery hours etc.. Just want something similar to this old Marty video and the better and clearer info displayed the better, but I understand the screen size is limited just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a version of the app and a cheaper watch if in existence?

13 hours ago, GMOne said:

@Seba did a perfect overview about what happens about Wheellog. I think we can easily find a solution. I won't work about EUC world and social aspects of the program. I want to improve its functionalities. I have a Lemfo LEM4 Pro, and now Wheellog is a perfect companion of rides...

I needed a horn so i added this function. I'm thinking about other features we need, sadly i do not own any round screen Android watch, so any further interface mod is quite difficult (but i could try...).

I have a Ninebot Z10, so i'll try to enrich the program with features about it.

In the meanwhile, i'll try to merge latest version of @Seba with mine, so we can both start from a common base. But TBH i do not know when.

About the Z10 and wheel log, I'd like the horn function of the WheelLog app for the watch eg pebble button to work with the Z series wheels. It works on some others, I think kingsong and on some over Bluetooth but still nothing on the Z10.. 

I'd like your horn option of the screen to be used on the pebble horn button. 

2 hours ago, Electroman said:

Silly question perhaps, could start reading and keep going but this is one subject I am not interested in nerding myself fully into, but after reading just now there are forks of the Wheelog and more to think about, compatibility etc it may be easier top just ask?

I cannot hear the MSX buzzer at times, especially when windy outside and more often than not riding at the limit it's about time to look into alternatives, though about Wheelog on a smartwatch before cause I though that I can see the bar if not hearing it and get a feeling for how close to the last warning I am?

So is there any of them very cheap smart watches available that is compatible and work, low cost is more important than long term quality, battery hours etc.. Just want something similar to this old Marty video and the better and clearer info displayed the better, but I understand the screen size is limited just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a version of the app and a cheaper watch if in existence?

Me and many more have found that best screen for direct sunlight is a pebble screen, it works as expected costs about 35€ and its fun. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Me and many more have found that best screen for direct sunlight is a pebble screen, it works as expected costs about 35€ and its fun. 

I'm actually considering buying a Pebble purely for Wheel Log use only. My Tizen Gear S2 works well even in the sun but I use it for work and so it would be easier to get a dedicated 'wheel watch' and then I could find a way of affixing it more securely (semi-permanently) to my Flexmeter. Plus I wouldn't worry about a Pebble getting damaged given the cost, and it's a pain to ensure the S2 is always charged as it doesn't last long like a Pebble. I hear of people having to use 'Rebble' now to get apps and stuff. Is it pretty easy to get Wheel Log onto Pebble? I have no experience with rooting/back door loading etc so it would have to be a simple process for me to make the switch!

Edit: Just skimmed through 56 pages and found this...doesn't look too hard. Might see if I can pick up a Pebble Time (not sure Wheel Log works with earlier Pebble watches).

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8311-wheellog-android-app/?do=findComment&comment=211564

Further edit: Well thats all just come to a grinding halt! Logged into Rebble no problem, went to boot.rebble.io to download the app, tapped the 'switch to rebble' button (which is supposed to download rebble to my phone) and nothing happens. Nada. Zip :(

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur

It seems I got interested same time with the WheelLog and Pebble watch :)

I've found information on one's ebay seller, where he's warning about lack of support for Pebbles watches, so the buyer is left on his own regarding any problems after owning the Pebble...

The above put me on hold to be honest.

I have old mobile phone left over, I'm thinking to mount it on my wrist guard instead...

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

I'm actually considering buying a Pebble purely for Wheel Log use only. My Tizen Gear S2 works well even in the sun but I use it for work and so it would be easier to get a dedicated 'wheel watch' and then I could find a way of affixing it more securely (semi-permanently) to my Flexmeter. Plus I wouldn't worry about a Pebble getting damaged given the cost, and it's a pain to ensure the S2 is always charged as it doesn't last long like a Pebble. I hear of people having to use 'Rebble' now to get apps and stuff. Is it pretty easy to get Wheel Log onto Pebble? I have no experience with rooting/back door loading etc so it would have to be a simple process for me to make the switch!

Edit: Just skimmed through 56 pages and found this...doesn't look too hard. Might see if I can pick up a Pebble Time (not sure Wheel Log works with earlier Pebble watches).

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8311-wheellog-android-app/?do=findComment&comment=211564

Further edit: Well thats all just come to a grinding halt! Logged into Rebble no problem, went to boot.rebble.io to download the app, tapped the 'switch to rebble' button (which is supposed to download rebble to my phone) and nothing happens. Nada. Zip :(

There's even an app on playstore what does the rebble for you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

There's even an app on playstore what does the rebble for you

Ah! Cheers mate, that might work better! Will try it.

Edit: Nope, no good. Downloaded Pebble-Rebble helper from the Play store, opened it, tapped 'install pebble app' and then get taken to a Play Store page with error message 'Item not found'.... 

Edited by Planemo

19 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Ah! Cheers mate, that might work better! Will try it.

Edit: Nope, no good. Downloaded Pebble-Rebble helper from the Play store, opened it, tapped 'install pebble app' and then get taken to a Play Store page with error message 'Item not found'.... 

thats because pebble is no longer on play store but you can download manually ,,i did . I'll upload to dropbox if you can't find it

I can find an APK on APKmirror but it's dated June 2018. I am reluctant to install APK's from anywhere tbh, the only one I have ever done was Wheel Log. Given that the one you have works and must be safe (I would assume you would know by now if it wasn't) I would appreciate it if you could upload it for me!

Once that's done, do I even need to use Rebble? It's all a bit confusing tbh! Or do I still need Rebble to get the Pebble Wheel Log app?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/pebble-technology-corp/pebble/

Apk Mirror has it, it's all we need, then switch to rebble using the instructions and you are good to go!

About the watchface, it's available thru rebble store inside pebble app so no worries.

I'm currently trying to build my own version of the watchface but i have no free time.. :-/ 

43 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I can find an APK on APKmirror but it's dated June 2018. I am reluctant to install APK's from anywhere tbh, the only one I have ever done was Wheel Log. Given that the one you have works and must be safe (I would assume you would know by now if it wasn't) I would appreciate it if you could upload it for me!

Once that's done, do I even need to use Rebble? It's all a bit confusing tbh! Or do I still need Rebble to get the Pebble Wheel Log app?

Install pebble then open rebble pebble it should do it all for you 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6bci81701igf63/Pebble_4.4.2-1405-62d45d7d7-endframe.apk?dl=0

Edited by stephen

3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Cheers for the link! Will give it a go :thumbup:

I don't think you need pebble rebble once it's done but I'm not exactly sure cause I've still got it , but can't see why you do 😁

22 hours ago, Lefteris said:

About the Z10 and wheel log, I'd like the horn function of the WheelLog app for the watch eg pebble button to work with the Z series wheels. It works on some others, I think kingsong and on some over Bluetooth but still nothing on the Z10.. 

I'd like your horn option of the screen to be used on the pebble horn button. 

Thanks, can look for a used one then.

Just  curios to if one must use these by now old watches or if something other is available as alternative?

The most important to me is hearing the warning, but seeing it on a watch is also a helping hand, to see how hard the wheel is working cause I often get blind to the speed, how much I am pushing it and must remind myself again and again.. These wheels with larger wheels are just too darn comfy even at speed and feels like they could take more no problem, hence fooling me at times to believe it's slower than it is.

• Like 1