WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

12 hours ago, Coco66 said:

For example, is the "New segment" feature working now? 

That's awaiting implementation on the server side, if I remember correctly

12 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Are release notes available with a list of the new features and solved bugs? I did not find much in the GetWheelLog page. 

Seba is playing find-the-updates/changes :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travsformation said:

That's awaiting implementation on the server side, if I remember correctly

Exactly. I hope to finish works on this feature in next month.

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Seba is playing find-the-updates/changes :efee612b4b:

Hahaha :D Last weeks I've been very busy, because this Saturday I'm going for a 800 km+ ride on my KS-18XL. I'll be riding for seven days from north to south of Poland, so I had to prepare for this challenge :) This is main reason for having less time for WheelLog and euc.world development.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Shit 😬 i updated to 2.0.30 and i have a pebble, i got the link from whatapp group and didn't see the pebble qoute, i can't live without pebble and I'm sure many more have pebble, it's information on your hand

I absolutely love what you have done with wheelog it's amazing looks like I'll have to downgrade to lower version

SEBA UPDATED TO 2.0.31 AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW 👍

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I've sent you a PM.

Got your pm @Seba version 2.0.31 works with pebble watch everything fine 👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EldARon said:

@Seba Send me a private message with your address and I'll send you mine. I don't us it anymore. Hopefully you could look at making an Fitbit app for Fitbit watches that support apps. 

@Seba I don't know if you missed my post. Tried to send you a message, but I'm not able to do that. If you message me your address I'll send you my Pebble.I have two, but can't find the charger for my Pebble Steel so it will have to be the original from Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks for the info about Google Drive. I have read the whole tread but missed that info.

Lastly, I'm working on a Norwegian translation. Maybe create a account at Zanata or set the server software on you own server. That way it would be easier to translate WheelLog. 

Keep up the good work and good luck on your challenge!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

@SebaWheellog has never been so good ,big THANKS for keeping this alive and updated, excellent work and has listened to users requests👍👍 

Euc world a big bonus to I'm really loving it 👍

One plus to that, great work @Seba! Really enjoying the Bluetooth reports, and with the new (I think?) setting of only playing voice reports over Bluetooth it's a no-brainer to have it turn on automatically. Sounds like there's even more great features in the future, so please keep it up if you can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EldARon said:

@Seba I don't know if you missed my post. Tried to send you a message, but I'm not able to do that. If you message me your address I'll send you my Pebble.I have two, but can't find the charger for my Pebble Steel so it will have to be the original from Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks for the info about Google Drive. I have read the whole tread but missed that info.

Lastly, I'm working on a Norwegian translation. Maybe create a account at Zanata or set the server software on you own server. That way it would be easier to translate WheelLog. 

Keep up the good work and good luck on your challenge!

Thank you, I'll send you PM with my address details. If it's not a problem for you and you won't use it anymore, it will greatly help me to fully test and maintain Pebble compatibility with each new WheelLog version.

From what I know, Zanata doesn't support translation of Android XML files :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nils said:

One plus to that, great work @Seba! Really enjoying the Bluetooth reports, and with the new (I think?) setting of only playing voice reports over Bluetooth it's a no-brainer to have it turn on automatically. Sounds like there's even more great features in the future, so please keep it up if you can.

When I'll return from my cross-country one-wheel trip, I'll make few video tutorials about WheelLog and euc.world features & how to use it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Seba said:

Hahaha :D Last weeks I've been very busy, because this Saturday I'm going for a 800 km+ ride on my KS-18XL. I'll be riding for seven days from north to south of Poland, so I had to prepare for this challenge :) This is main reason for having less time for WheelLog and euc.world development.

Based on the 7 days, I didn't think it was an EUCing trip. So 100+ km/day? Wow! You must really want to recover your lead in the Steel Legs and Globe Trotter sections :roflmao:

Those are going to be some awesome tours, take a lot of pictures dude! (preferably not in low light) :P

And make your tour visible to all! If your location is updated in real time, maybe you'll have some sexy cheerleaders greeting you at each pit stop! :efefa6edcf:

And more importantly, ENJOY! (on such a long trip, I can already imagine you taking notes on bugs and new features in WheelLog that need to be addressed) :efee612b4b:

We'll manage without you for a week (and be green with envy!). And we might even manage to trouble-shoot for new users in your absence (or accidentally confuse them/ourselves even more until your return) :efee612b4b:

You leave the 22nd right? 

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 11:46 PM, Seba said:

I had similar problems some time ago. My wheel started to loose BT connection without any reason. Updating it to 1.12 helped and until now, I don't have any more problems. But now I don't think that the problem was firmware version related, but I'm more and more convinced that the root cause was some firmware execution state. It's important to note, that by turnong off the wheel doesn't turn of wheel microcontroller. It is still active and executes it's code. By upgrading I caused the MCU to reset, so BT module was also reset. I suspect that when "turned off", BT module is ordered to low-power mode, but it will retain it's config. When I had problems with BT connectivity I noticed that BT address changed. But it's just my guess.

Yeah, updating the firmware fixed it for me too, but now the issue has mysteriously reappeared. 

What you mention on the Bluetooth module not switching off entirely, but going into standby, makes sense, as switching off the wheel for extended periods of time (overnight, etc) doesn't seem to change anything. Looks like, for the time being, the only way to reset it is by disconnecting the batteries... 

On 6/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, travsformation said:

Other things I noticed: because of the overheating, I added temperature to the voice messages. Doing so reset the trip counters ... 😢

Yes, I noticed that previous WheelLog versions (including original from which I forked) caused wheel counters to reset. However I fixed it in 2.0.30 that will be published tomorrow.

I can confirm that this has been corrected in 2.0.30 :cheers:

From 2.0.28 normally there is no risk that WheelLog will close before any network operations will finish. It will go to the background, but won't be killed until all photo uploads and tour closing command will be complete.

Good to know, thanks! :)

Well, it may be caused by some delay in photos indexing. This already worked with all versions that supported adding photos to tours. However I'm glad it works for you now. Your photos are great and I LOVE them :wub:. Really marvellous landscapes! Keep adding photos to your tours :thumbup:

It must be my phone then. It has needed a fresh start (factory reset) for quite a while now, but I can never seem to find enough time  (back up my data, reset, reinstall and reconfigure apps...) 

Thanks for the compliments on my pictures. :wub:  But the merit goes to the the landscapes themselves (and my phone's camera). ;)

The pics definitely do add value to the tours, so I encourage everyone to take plenty of them! It'll be even cooler when we can visit other users' profiles and check out all of their public tours! 

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics of your upcoming 800km tour! (they shouldn't be hard to find... Log into euc.world, any time of day, and find that "Seba is on tour" :efee612b4b:)

I'll also take note of your route; Poland has been on my to-visit-with-my-motorhome list for a while, and adding an EUC to the equation (and some cool tours!) can only make it more awesome! :D

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nils said:

Is that you volunteering @travsformation? :P

Hahahaha :roflmao:

No... The idea is to give Seba something pleasant to look at when he arrives. :efee612b4b:

Although... If I'm the one waiting for him, wearing a school girl uniform and waving pom-poms while my beard and hairy legs blow in the wind, I might just encourage him to skip the pit stop altogether and improve his daily mileage... :efee612b4b:

And if we can get @Smootherto wait for him at the next stop, with a bikini and a g-string, we can probably get Seba to do 200+ km a day... :roflmao:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, travsformation said:

No... The idea is to give Seba something pleasant to look at when he arrives. :efee612b4b:

Although... If I'm the one waiting for him, wearing a school girl uniform and waving pom-poms while my beard and hairy legs blow in the wind, I might just encourage him to skip the pit stop altogether and improve his daily mileage... :efee612b4b:

And if we can get @Smootherto wait for him at the next stop, with a bikini and a g-string, we can probably get Seba to do 200+ km a day... :roflmao:

That would be great, regardless of whether Seba stops or not, make it happen! :D

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nils said:

That would be great, regardless of whether Seba stops or not, make it happen! :D

:roflmao:

We're gonna need a camera man to record Seba's reaction and max-speed beeps as he flees in disgust. You in? :roflmao:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, travsformation said:

:roflmao:

We're gonna need a camera man to record Seba's reaction and max-speed beeps as he flees in disgust. You in? :roflmao:

I'm not going to be near enough I'm afraid, but if the tour comes to Sweden then count me in!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Based on the 7 days, I didn't think it was an EUCing trip. So 100+ km/day? Wow! You must really want to recover your lead in the Steel Legs and Globe Trotter sections :roflmao:

Hahaha :D Yeah, from 90 km to 135 km a day. Even with my 800 kms I won't beat @KAY GEE - he's the leader ;)

• Like 1

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pics of your upcoming 800km tour! (they shouldn't be hard to find... Log into euc.world, any time of day, and find that "Seba is on tour" :efee612b4b:)

I'll also take note of your route; Poland has been on my to-visit-with-my-motorhome list for a while, and adding an EUC to the equation (and some cool tours!) can only make it more awesome! :D

On a side note - every euc.world used can use https://euc.world/latest/Seba as a shortcut to my latest, public tour. And by changing my username with own, any euc.world user can us this - in signature for example. And when your plans to visit Poland will mature, just let me know. I'll be happy to guide you :) And you can safely take your EUC with you, as Polish legislation is quite permissive so no problem riding here.

• Like 1

Damn, I need a faster charger! :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

You leave the 22nd right? 

Right. This is my plan:

I will start at 9:00 CEST.

• Like 1

Hey @Seba, once again, thanks for doing such an outstanding job maintaining and enhancing WheelLog!

Just some really, really minor bug reports:

• I noticed that the "Settings" / "General settings" / "Temperature in degrees Fahrenheit" check box doesn't seem to have any effect. Checked or not, the temperatures are always reported in Centigrade.
  • When I first connect WheelLog to my wheel (Inmotion), it doesn't show any of the values -- every value displayed on the main screens is zero'd out. But, if I then connect the Inmotion app (Android) to the wheel, WheelLog will then report all of the values from then on. At this point, I can even turn off the IM app and WheelLog will still keep reporting values from the wheel, as normal.
    • This may be related so I also noticed that, if WheelLog ever looses connection to the wheel (like if I turn the wheel off), WheelLog will show an alert that the connection has been lost but the last values reported are still being displayed on all of the screens. So, if you miss seeing the alert (like when you're only looking at your Pebble), then WheelLog appears to still be connected when it's not. 

These are with the latest version as well (2.0.31).

Thanks!

Edited by rwent1

8 hours ago, travsformation said:

I'm away from the board a few days and all hell breaks loose. You people are crazy.

I'll dig out my g-sting from by butt crack

• Like 3

On 6/17/2019 at 9:21 PM, Seba said:

Seems that there is an issue with @GMOne's WheelLog version. From what I see, it doesn't report distance to the server or report it incorrectly.

@Seba I only took your version that was available at the time i did mine. I didn't modify any part about EUC and Pebble.

I sent to you privately my mods but, as you have told, your Wheellog is EUC centric, you are not much interested in implementing new features. Please confirm it, and i'll do a new branch, without keep on trying to start a collaboration. (i know my faults about GitHub, of course).

Thanks a lot, 

GMOne

Edited by GMOne

10 minutes ago, GMOne said:

@Seba I only took your version that was available at the time i did mine. I didn't modify any part about EUC and Pebble.

I sent to you privately my mods but, as you have told, your Wheellog is EUC centric, you are not much interested in implementing new features. Please confirm it, and i'll do a new branch, without keep on trying to start a collaboration. (i know my faults about GitHub, of course).

I got your sources and there are many features I will definitely add into my sources. But please keep in mind that developing WheelLog is not my only tasks :) Family, business and various pleasures are my priorities, WheelLog and euc.world development is fun, but less important. And as you may already know from my recent posts, lately I've been very busy preparing for my cross-country trip. There are many features I planned to add to 2.0.30, but had no time so they have to wait. The same applies to euc.world. 

I think it's best that you fork my GitHub repo, so you won't be limited in your development. At the time of writing this, my GitHub repo contains all my latest work for 2.0.31.

• Upvote 1

@Seba Can the app update itself or do I need to uninstall, download the latest version, and reinstall to get the latest updates? Is there a way to auto update in future versions?

Edited by Flyboy10