WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

For me it doesn't.. 

I have wheellog always on when riding, ninebot as a2dp devices connected for media and my own bt headset on one ear for calls..

So contrary to your initial statement, it does work, just not for you with all the other crap you have going through everything... :w00t2:

• Like 1

@Seba will dere be any new features on euc.world? I'd like to be able to merge trips into one tour. 

I have ordered some Flic's but it took them a week before they where sent.🤨 Looking forward to using it with WheelLog.

Hi guys, just ordered a Pebble and I would like to be ready when it comes... are there "Pebble with WheelLog" related instructions anywhere? I just keep reading Pebble/Rebble, Pebble App, watchfaces, but nothing is clear. 

I am an IT guy so I am sure it will not be a problem once I get the gear, but I am already curious now... 

You cant really do much until you have the Pebble as that where most of the work is done. The only thing you can do is download the APK to your phone which is a few pages back, posted by Stephen. You will also find a link I posted which takes you to a post further back in this thread where full instructions were shown :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Planemo said:

So contrary to your initial statement, it does work, just not for you with all the other crap you have going through everything... :w00t2:

Well yesterday while i was talking with a friend at an intersection i pressed the button and found the bell sounding while i was talking with my friend.

Maybe it's going thru calls and not thru media as a media event.

I will test today and report back. Cause if it's that any time i get to receive a call i may need to de-select BT from my phone cause the caller will be heard on the wheel and he won't be able to hear me for me to be able to listen to the bell ring..

I'm testing out Tasker stuff, i'm gonna play with a bt camera shutter button to call an event that plays an audio over bt, that way i'm gonna have the same functionality as the thing the guys mentioned with flic, plus have it my pocket ;) 

10 hours ago, EldARon said:

Hopefully it would be configurable. I'd like option to start/pause/stop logging to euc.world. Horn. Voice with current status. If you miss a voice notification because of a speed/voltage/etc warning or any other reason. Lights.

Maybe going to far, but enable/disable limited mode for when / if a cop stops to check you up...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

Cause if it's that any time i get to receive a call

The only time I could possibly think of needing to receive a call whilst riding the euc would be if Mrs P went into labour. Given I've had the snip I dont think (hope) that will be anytime soon :shock2:

• Like 3

I think it would be good to add the general speed-limit-alarm of the wheel into the alarm settings.

I mean the last alarm of the wheel, which depends on the remaining level of the battery, which always is going down as much as your battery level is sinking, because I'd like to " respect the beep" through my earphones when I cannot hear the wheel itself beeping because the wind is blowing to loud outside my helmet.

22 hours ago, Planemo said:

The only time I could possibly think of needing to receive a call whilst riding the euc would be if Mrs P went into labour. Given I've had the snip I dont think (hope) that will be anytime soon :shock2:

Well you are right, maybe it was a version while back that didn't work and i thought the same, but still, the respond rate is very slow, the bell is almost not noticable and many times cuts off, don't play the whole audio or maybe it's the bt connection.

It's just not audible enough and also fails to play each time so... back to tasker/automate stuff :P :w00t2:

Small feature request: Option for high resolution logging. Right now the sampling frequency is 2 Hz. Could we have an option for, let's say 100 Hz or even 10 Hz? 

Use case: Telemetry in order to characterize different wheels. This is an enabling scenario, and would benefit the community as a whole.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 12:46 AM, magooo said:

does it WheelLog work with Samsung Gear Fit 2?

No, Gear Fit 2 doesn't allow using any custom apps, it's just closed-architecture smartwatch. Samsung Gear S and other Tizen-based watches allows it and there is special app for WheelLog.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Small feature request: Option for high resolution logging. Right now the sampling frequency is 2 Hz. Could we have an option for, let's say 100 Hz or even 10 Hz? 

Use case: Telemetry in order to characterize different wheels. This is an enabling scenario, and would benefit the community as a whole.

Wheel data refresh rate is mostly limited by wheel, not by WheelLog. There is little I can do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, chrisjunlee said:

Is the sampling event driven? As in, is 2 Hz the best we can do?

Mostly wheel is sending data frames over Bluetooth Low Energy and refresh rate is wheel-defined. We can only listen and refresh wheel data after each frame. Sometimes wheels sends data as a response to request we send, but again - we can't shorten request-response period. Sometimes we also have to wait for some minimum time before we send another request, or wheel will drop connection.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Mostly wheel is sending data frames over Bluetooth Low Energy and refresh rate is wheel-defined. We can only listen and refresh wheel data after each frame. Sometimes wheels sends data as a response to request we send, but again - we can't shorten request-response period. Sometimes we also have to wait for some minimum time before we send another request, or wheel will drop connection.

Got it. Thank you for the quick resolution! :)

2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

That could be cool although I suspect your phone battery would be depleted in short order. Beyond that, I'm sure the wheels only broadcast updates at a slow (2hz?) rate.

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That could be cool although I suspect your phone battery would be depleted in short order. Beyond that, I'm sure the wheels only broadcast updates at a slow (2hz?) rate.

Would ultimately love to generate the equivalent of a dyno graph. That way we can examine the power delivery curves and characterize "zippiness". 

May or may not have been inspired by a discussion around the mten3 vs MCM5 with a certain Sir Backe 🧐🎩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

Would ultimately love to generate the equivalent of a dyno graph. That way we can examine the power delivery curves and characterize "zippiness". 

One can do that by generating a current over speed (is proportional to torque over rpm) graph. Like shown in 

Caveats are:

- as you already mentioned the low sampling rate. At least for my kingsongs it is about 5Hz :D. But depending on the phone/connection it also has noticeable jitter :(

- although battery voltage and speed is "quite accurate", the reported current is way off the real effective motor current. As U motor = kv * angular speed, I motor = km * torque and kv = 2*pi/km for bldc motors (don't stick to the * and / - could be any other way round :D. That's just out of memory to show the direct relation...) one should be able to get all the power/torque/accelerations from this graph, as i tried to include them there. But they are about afair a factor of 3 off for the KS16C. One could measure accelerations and determine this factor ("calibrate" the current values).

But i don't know if this could really lead easily to meaningfull values with this sampling rates, jitter and additionally the "bias" current always needed for self-balancing.

May or may not have been inspired by a discussion around the mten3 vs MCM5 with a certain Sir Backe 🧐🎩

Zippiness/ooomph should(could) be very much related to the wheels geometry: 

Although i am just very at the beginning with that models and some uncertainties arised/are not understood by me/solved by now.

And most likely the firmware could gave a big impact.

Ps.: Can't delete this second link on my mobile :(

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to install WheelLog on an Amazfit watch? I'm considering one because of the very good battery life (~1 month) is and the fact it has GPS... I'm getting sick of draining my phone battery logging my tours... 

I know android apps aren't supported, in theory, but that there is third party software for installing apks. Has anyone tried? It might be worth a shot. 

Even if I do manage to install it, I don't think I'd be able to sync the watch with the wheel, but I if I could mirror WheelLog from my phone (just for speed and distance readings, like with the Pebble), it would be awesome.