WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

Ok first ride with my Pebble today and as reported previously everything on page 1 of the watch works perfectly but today I found out that everything is zeroed on page 2. Top speed/ride time/distance - all nothing. Using Ver 2.0.30beta1 on Galaxy S9. Am I doing something wrong?!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Planemo said:

Ok first ride with my Pebble today and as reported previously everything on page 1 of the watch works perfectly but today I found out that everything is zeroed on page 2. Top speed/ride time/distance - all nothing. Using Ver 2.0.30beta1 on Galaxy S9. Am I doing something wrong?!

I've had something similar happen several times where my Pebble showed the current battery level and wheel temp but the speed showed 0.0 mph even though I was moving. I just had to restart the WheelLog app and it started showing the speed again.

Update: I'm using WheelLog v 2.0.31.

Edited by rwent1
Update

Hi Lefteris, thats great thanks. I installed Ver31 and all is working now! I hadnt thought at all about upgrading when I got the Pebble as I knew that guys had been using Pebbles for a long time so my (non software) mind thought that even the early wheelog versions would be ok.

Only thing I noticed is that the Wheelog phone app measures 'ride time' only when the wheel is turning. Pebble ride time starts as soon as its connected to Wheelog and never stops. Its really no issue for me but thought I would point it out.

Galaxy S9 android ver9, knox 3.2.1, API level 27, Tima 4.0.0.

• Like 3

Me and @Seba tested this problem with the API and now that he also has one we will try our best to make something out of the 3+years old code for the watchface.

All of you Pebble users can help by testing the releases of @Seba and reporting about your findings here! ;) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Me and @Seba tested this problem with the API and now that he also has one we will try our best to make something out of the 3+years old code for the watchface.

Which problem Lefteris? The ride time one or the problem with Pebble page 2 not working for earlier versions?

If its ride time, personally I think the way the phone app measures it is better. I think its better to know the time spent actually on the wheel than total elapsed time for the journey (which can done simply using a watch) :)

6 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

For starters better connectivity and extra features 

What's wrong with the connectivity? I have a KS-18L. Never experienced any connection issues with any of the latest versions of @Seba's WheelLog. Tried another phone? 

• Like 1

Se some posts back, and please download version .31 from euc.world

About @EldARon we need to add stuff and be able to change API cause if wheellog is built with later than the one that the watchface was built it doesn't work properly.

And about stuff, more options more screens etc.

Horn that many people, including me, want over a2dp would be a great extra feature.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lefteris said:

And about stuff, more options more screens etc.

I have no objections about getting new features. And @Sebashould progress the development of the app to have open API's if he doesn't want to handle all the development himself. But from what I understand at the moment he's continued on someone else's work, that just wanted to add support for one device; Pebble, and that didn't follow up on the development. Give Seba a bit of time and I guess he's going to make WheelLog a great app with all sorts of supports. Open API would make his job easier. He dosen't have to add all the devices that people want support for. We will hopefully not have to many branches of the app with different features. Pebble isn't very easy to get and not very in/updated.

I wanted a new feature. Often it helps to get that feature if you donate.

I have a Kingsong with a built in horn. I'd like to be ble to use it the same way as with a Pebble. But I also understand that you guys that don't have a internal horn, but have a speaker, want another option. I don't know if it's possible to have the app send a horn sound to the wheel speakers and the voice notifications to a headset. Because as soon as Seba adds the option to send a horn sound to the wheel speakers, someone will ask to be able to get the voice notification to a headset at the same time. I think that is a bit more work then just add sending a signal to the horn in the wheel from a different type of device. For example Flic. It has an open API that is not a big problem to include. The feature that is there already by using the Pebble. 

When it comes to problems with connectivity it's often a device problem. That's the problem/downside with Android. There are so many devices out there. With so many different components. If it works for most people, then it's usually a device problem. Either through device settings or hardware. Some hardware doesn't like each other, even though they use the same standards and should work together. So my phone and wheel works great together, but if I where to get a new phone, I might get issues.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Horn that many people, including me, want over a2dp would be a great extra feature.

But it is already implemented :-) Just enter "Watch settings" and change "Horn mode" to "Via Bluetooth audio". Currently there is only one sound, but I will add possibility to select own audio file for this horn. However there is one limitation - horn sound will be played thru active Bluetooth Audio connection. If you're using voice messages thru headphones, horn sound will also be played thru headphones.

Next WheelLog release will add support for horn activation using paired Flic button and also by tapping predefined screen region.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

And it only works on you with a Kingsong :P 

No :) It works on any wheel with built-in BT speakers or any wheel without BT speakers but with addition of JBL Flip or something like this. More, if you don't pair your phone with any BT audio device, bicycle bell will be played thru phone speaker.

19 hours ago, Seba said:

But it is already implemented :-) Just enter "Watch settings" and change "Horn mode" to "Via Bluetooth audio". Currently there is only one sound, but I will add possibility to select own audio file for this horn. However there is one limitation - horn sound will be played thru active Bluetooth Audio connection. If you're using voice messages thru headphones, horn sound will also be played thru headphones.

Next WheelLog release will add support for horn activation using paired Flic button and also by tapping predefined screen region.

Mr. @Sebaisn't it possible to use the wheel (Buzzer) as alarm?? , the way GW app  use it in current and previous apps

B1154253493.jpg

21 hours ago, ArqFG said:

Mr. @Sebaisn't it possible to use the wheel (Buzzer) as alarm?? , the way GW app  use it in current and previous apps

It should be possible. I'll try to get a Gotway wheel from my colleague for few days.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Thomas Champagne said:

Hi, i'm new here and i'm a future owner of a Gotway Tesla v2.

Does the app works with Tesla v2?

WheelLog works with any modern Gotway wheel, so it should also work with Tesla v2.

3 hours ago, Seba said:

WheelLog works with any modern Gotway wheel, so it should also work with Tesla v2.

3 hours ago, Seba said:

It should be possible. I'll try to get a Gotway wheel from my colleague for few days.

So i may help here if you need.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 8:44 PM, Lefteris said:

But it doesn't work on the Z series wheels :'( 

It does :)

Remember you need to connect bluetooth audio separately to bluetooth data (Wheelog for example).

The only slight snag is that the bell loudness is not adjustable relative to any bluetooth audio you may be playing, and I find the bell is much quieter than the music volume. I dont really use either though so its not a problem for me.

9 hours ago, Seba said:

Using the gotway beeper as a horn would be great. Awesome in fact. 80% cutout has priority on the beeper, but after that a beeper is ok as a horn (at least here in Sverige)

In that way we dont need to choose, music+warnings in headphones OR horn on some fat bluetooth player hanging on the euc :-) (using phone speaker is kinda lame). I always choose music and warning and shout at idiots :-)

Also one could after that upgrade the built in beeper to a more powerful device that even trucks can hear :-)

Edited by Boogieman

On 7/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, Seba said:

What do you think, what actions should be available to assign? The first things that comes to my mind is horn and turn on/off the lights. What else? :)

How are you going to implement flic? Pre-assigned actions or user-definable? 

Options that come to mind, aside from horn and lights, are switching on and off strobe mode (I actually alternate between these now often that I thought I would--depending on where I'm riding), turn LED ring on/off, pause/resume tour, turn voice messages on/off, activate death ray... :ph34r::efee612b4b:

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

It does :)

Remember you need to connect bluetooth audio separately to bluetooth data (Wheelog for example).

The only slight snag is that the bell loudness is not adjustable relative to any bluetooth audio you may be playing, and I find the bell is much quieter than the music volume. I dont really use either though so its not a problem for me.

For me it doesn't.. 

I have wheellog always on when riding, ninebot as a2dp devices connected for media and my own bt headset on one ear for calls..

On 7/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, Seba said:

What do you think, what actions should be available to assign? The first things that comes to my mind is horn and turn on/off the lights. What else? :)

Hopefully it would be configurable. I'd like option to start/pause/stop logging to euc.world. Horn. Voice with current status. If you miss a voice notification because of a speed/voltage/etc warning or any other reason. Lights.

• Like 1