WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

On 7/7/2018 at 10:50 AM, palachzzz said:

@Chriull, why you so sure about that it is motor current? Actually we don't know which current is shown. Inmo v8 has 4 current sensors - battery and on each phase.

Also I have a lot of  KS-16s logs, and it nothing shows that it is motor current.

Inmotion (with their app description i got from https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/10305-inmotion-new-app-3-interesting-new-features-you-should-know/ )  first brought me to the idea that Inmotions wheels really measure battery current and motor current to provide real Wh/km and other values!

Also the V10(F) Firmware update descriptions from @Bobwheel (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/9368-new-inmotion-v10-v8-fast/?do=findComment&comment=173743https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/9368-new-inmotion-v10-v8-fast/?do=findComment&comment=174000 ). This Tiltback "Triggered by the output power of the wheel" would make no sense without knowing the output power (motor current and motor voltage, or battery voltage and battery current and current losses).

Now your post that inmotion reports 4 current sensors seem to be the last verification of this!  @Bobwheel did not verify this till now - is imo unique from inmotion. The "older" Gotway, KS, Ninebot wheels did not have this battery current sensor - maybe some newer models and they nowhere mentioned it (or i did not get the announcements)?

The "other" wheels always report high currents and ("insane") Wattages - the rumour was that the currents are by some factor wrong. Once i got from @zlymex measurements from the battery current together with the reported values from his ?Msuper v3s+? and slowly worked out how this battery voltage/current and motor voltage/current work together (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7549-current-demand-versus-battery-voltage/)

In https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7855-anatomy-of-an-overlean/ this is "analyzed" from a log from an KS16C overlean...

The numbers and thoughts make sense (at least to me ;) )- with this (imo great) inmotion approach to really measure also battery current maybe other manufacturers jump up to this and also give us this numbers for logging...

PS.: Also current spikes with ~90A reported from GW wheels at low speeds would make absolutely no sense to be battery current - the then needed even higher motor currents would not be possible for the used wires and mosfets...

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Struck said:

Wait, whaaat?

@palachzzz Thanks for your comments on battery / current / location topics

Sorry my tiltback on WheelLog is set for my Gotways (Mten3, MCM5 and ACM2).  :D  I don't ride KS14S much anymore so I don't change the tiltback on the wheelLog when I do.  Since KS14S has built in tiltback.  :cheers:

Edited by Mark Lee

@palachzzz As we see You active on the group - can you possibly re-think the possibility of adding communication with Ninebot?  I am expecting Z10 to arrive soon so I will be more than happy to be the alfa/beta tester..  I have rooted Galaxy Note 4 available for test purposes...  So far we do not know if communication with Z10 is the same as with E+ but this should be possible to confirm within next few days - Marty will get test unit of Z10 most likely this week, I am expecting Z10 to arrive in next two weeks...

12 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

@palachzzz As we see You active on the group - can you possibly re-think the possibility of adding communication with Ninebot?  I am expecting Z10 to arrive soon so I will be more than happy to be the alfa/beta tester..  I have rooted Galaxy Note 4 available for test purposes...  So far we do not know if communication with Z10 is the same as with E+ but this should be possible to confirm within next few days - Marty will get test unit of Z10 most likely this week, I am expecting Z10 to arrive in next two weeks...

Imo @palachzzzwrote before that he works by now on something like wheellog for ?android watches/android wear? and not anymore on wheellog for android...

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the speeds were wrong on all of my wheels (not sure about KingSong though). I kept thinking, "I know I'm going faster than ~17mph", and I finally did some tests yesterday to confirm.

Wow, odd, I don't think I'm experiencing this with 2.0.9. Did a wee bit of speed testing the other day, and I sure hope my velocity wasn't being underreported by 12 percent or so!

Spoiler

By the way, I am on vacation and suffering severe EUC withdrawals. It's sad, but I can't stop thinking, "how great would this road/path/beach/trail/whatever be on my EUC?"

One more thought for Wheellog developers: Might you be able to determine the make/model of each wheel by grepping its Bluetooth name? Glide2 or Glide3 certainly could be known to be Inmotion; there may be other strings that can be detected for wheel types like Inmotion/Solowheel that require special handling by the app (like the password prompt). Also, and just a thought, I'm sure Gotway has a database or spreadsheet that shows which model each of its serial numbers represents. If they could provide it (under NDA, not sure if that means a damn in China) then "model detection" could be a thing and also address many of the model-specific internal tweaks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, who_the said:

Wow, odd, I don't think I'm experiencing this with 2.0.9. Did a wee bit of speed testing the other day, and I sure hope my velocity wasn't being underreported by 12 percent or so!

Reveal hidden contents

By the way, I am on vacation and suffering severe EUC withdrawals. It's sad, but I can't stop thinking, "how great would this road/path/beach/trail/whatever be on my EUC?"

One more thought for Wheellog developers: Might you be able to determine the make/model of each wheel by grepping its Bluetooth name? Glide2 or Glide3 certainly could be known to be Inmotion; there may be other strings that can be detected for wheel types like Inmotion/Solowheel that require special handling by the app (like the password prompt). Also, and just a thought, I'm sure Gotway has a database or spreadsheet that shows which model each of its serial numbers represents. If they could provide it (under NDA, not sure if that means a damn in China) then "model detection" could be a thing and also address many of the model-specific internal tweaks.

You enjoy higher speeds for sure. Maybe it's harder to notice a speed misreading  when you're riding at 30-mph ;)

It was mentioned that I may have had the MCM checkbox checked, although I can't imagine why I would have. I've yet to re-install the 2.0.9 version to test that theory.

59 minutes ago, who_the said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's not possible to determine the model for GW, model or serial number are not transmitted by Bluetooth. The only "security" is to have GotWay at the beginning of the BT module name...

Screenshot_20180710-194128_Gotway2.jpg

1 hour ago, Hansolo said:

It's not possible to determine the model for GW, model or serial number are not transmitted by Bluetooth. The only "security" is to have GotWay at the beginning of the BT module name...

Right. Which is why I suggested this:

I'm sure Gotway has a database or spreadsheet that shows which model each of its serial numbers represents. If they could provide it (under NDA, not sure if that means a damn in China) then "model detection" could be a thing and also address many of the model-specific internal tweaks.

A list (or hash) of serial numbers and each respective model it represents would solve this problem. If Gotway would be willing to provide it... Though clearly it would also need to be updated over time.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:19 PM, palachzzz said:
On 7/4/2018 at 12:49 PM, EUC GUY said:

Could the app be updated to 100v? 

Yes, it is easy

When can you update it to have support aswell for the 100v wheels? 

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Is there an "about" screen now? I allways find file name not to be very trustworthy and since a static about page should be the minor work, could we have it (unless already implemented ? )

One has the version nummer under the android app info and also imo somewhere shown in the app...

Edited by Chriull

3 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.11:
- Added Gotway 100v support (untested, @Lars Heeneman please test it)
- Inmotion V10F (tested) and V10 (untested) support, actually I added it previously for pre-release version of V10F, but in release version they changed model number in protocol (aka V14F :D)
- V10F speed unlock up to 45 km\h (but one guy reported that it is possible to set only 43 km\h, need more tests)

Note: all additions of @MacPara in version 2.0.9 are not included, I can't merge it because of a lot of braking changes.
WheelLog_16072018_2.0.11.apk

I was really hoping for KS18L support. Is it being considered for the future?

Hi,

I ophoto_2018-07-17_20-00-54.thumb.jpg.4b5038c2039c5b8b814a71622cf4714e.jpgwn a Huawei P20 and the clock on the top-left is wrapped on two lines.

I see from other screenshots it doesn't happen to other users.

Could be possible to fix this small issue ?

thank you

Fabio

29 minutes ago, fabio70mi said:

Hi,

I ophoto_2018-07-17_20-00-54.thumb.jpg.4b5038c2039c5b8b814a71622cf4714e.jpgwn a Huawei P20 and the clock on the top-left is wrapped on two lines.

I see from other screenshots it doesn't happen to other users.

Could be possible to fix this small issue ?

thank you

Fabio

I just managed to emulate this on my OnePlus 5T but only by turning the display size setting to maximum and the font size setting to maximum in the Android OS settings. These settings do not affect the other display values, just the time field. Do you have an unusually large font set on your phone? Maybe @palachzzz can untie this field from the font settings like all other fields.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I just managed to emulate this on my OnePlus 5T but only by turning the display size setting to maximum and the font size setting to maximum in the Android OS settings. These settings do not affect the other display values. Just the time. Do you have an unusally large font set on your phone? Maybe @palachzzz can untie this field from the font settings like all other fields.

U'r right, changing display font size from big to normal, it's ok.

Anyway it should be nice to have it fixed for any font size in Android settings.

• Upvote 1