2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Well EUCs are pretty much banned in Europe and are a grey area at best  in NA. Yes a handful of people ride them anyway risking fines and confiscation. 

Say what?

I live in Sweden, the land of blondes (used to be, lol) in northern Europe, planning to buy a mono. 

I know there are rules to classify electric bikes as "bikes" but from what i read self balancing vehicles are classified as bikes here, as long as they have a ringer (and reflexes, lights like a bike at night).

Certainly don't want to buy a1300$ machine to have da poh-lice snagging it for their Christmas event ?(even though i like the work they do, i dont like it THAT much ? )

• Like 3

My GT16 is 3km/h faster than the v10. And 2km/h slower than the z10. Cool-looking is not enough for $2,000

I need to have it all! And the 18L looks to fit-the-bill. It’s 8km/h faster. And (for safety) the lights are on the outside of the shell. Not inside. Seriously, I NEED to be visible.

I am an experienced rider. For fun, I ride aggressive. Brake hard. Now, leaning my weight on turns is natural to me.

If the Inmotion v10 pedal is 6.7” from the ground. How many inches from the ground is the Z10?

This looks dangerously low.

7A38C145-F09B-4C3E-B652-A3AD8508CF77.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Yikes.  Hopefully there's some camera angle explanation to account for what looks like dangerously low pedal height.  Not optimistic.  

Looks like I'm going to be waiting now for KS/Gotway/IM to adopt the wide tubeless tire design into one of their machines.  ?

They're going to adopt the wide/tubeless design, aren't they?  

4 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

Yikes.  Hopefully there's some camera angle explanation to account for what looks like dangerously low pedal height.  Not optimistic.  

Looks like I'm going to be waiting now for KS/Gotway/IM to adopt the wide tubeless tire design into one of their machines.  ?

They're going to adopt the wide/tubeless design, aren't they?  

That's a horrible picture for the comparison. You can clearly see that the bottom of both tires are not on the same plane. You can watch plenty of videos of the Z and the pedals seem to be at a typical height. The V10 is the outlier (a good outlier).

Although I would love the Z pedals to be higher, they seem inline with all the wheels that I currently own.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Seems possible that I may have mistaken the main benefit of the wide/tubeless tire.  I've been constantly saying that I think it will be a revolution in safety for EUCs, but maybe their thinking is that it will make it easier for beginners to learn how to use an EUC.  

The pedal height is the most concerning design compromise for me as a potential buyer.  The power hasn't been a worry for me, but I know it's the biggest concern for most.  It's only 8 volts less than the 18S and most riders don't feel that wheel is underpowered.  Jason said a lot of effort went into adapting the engine to operate on the lower voltage.  

*good to read that it is an optical illusion in that photo.  That was scary for a minute!  I figured there's no way something that dramatic can have snuck under our collective radar until now.  

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Speed: informed that there's a new internal Chinese reg that requires 20kph max, which is why the videos coming out of China are not quite heart pacing as one would like.

EU 1 - China 0, we beat them on regulation,  internal EU law will be 25km/h, yay ?.

I can hear our US counterpart rofl in the background ?.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jojo33 said:

If there is a fatal accident involving a Ninebot product in China (including high speed), the entire Ninebot management team will go to jail for life...? or worse, they can be executed...???:roflmao:

There is NOT any car (or motorcycle) maker limiting it's cars (or motorcycles) to the legal speed limits. Every day there is hundreds of thousands victims of the high speed, but I didn't hear a single manager jailed. Even the highly reputable cars (or motorcycles) (Lamborgini, Ferrari, Porsche - only to mention several) , are those with max speed several times the legal limit of the most of the counties. Really all of the countries, except Germany. 

Edited by Ch.Eng.62
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

There is NOT any car (or motorcycle) maker limiting it's cars (or motorcycles) to the legal speed limits. Every day there is hundreds of thousands victims of the high speed, but I didn't hear a single manager jailed. Even the highly reputable cars (or motorcycles) (Lamborgini, Ferrari, Porsche - only to mention several) , are those with max speed several times the legal limit of the most of the counties. Really all of the countries, except Germany. 

While i agree, a major difference is drivers are licensed for those vehicles.  So this reported regulation may be to try to circumvent potential licensing.  Another user suggested some where that Ninebot was the one behind this proposed regulation. Is it really current law... that seems to still be a question. 

If they ship it to NA with a 20km/h limit or try to uses their invasive app login location requirement to geofence thisvrestriction, they will lose a lot of money and customers for what could be a great wheel. 

One thing that is clear now is that it is best to wait for the production version and the associated App before making a decision.  Summer could be over by that time.  

5 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

In the Western world yes i agree, but i talk about ninebot in it's own country China, because it's true, ninebot with his app , dont give us the real speed, when we launch another running app with GPS in bicycle mode , always give a different speed and always it's lower than the speed from Ninebot app

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm glad that there is still a high-speed version coming. I was starting to get worried.

And wow, the thought of being able to test a preproduction model is extremely exciting :w00t2:  @houseofjob, please don't break it before I get it ;)

Welcome to the Big-Time Marty Backe!

qKPQS7J.gif

• Like 1

Let's see if I understand it. It turns out that the Z10 will come from the factory two versions, one that runs at 45kmh with 1800W, and another that is a garbage that goes to 20kmh and 800W but also called Z10. Is it like that? Because if so, the risk of being scammed is huge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PriestHood said:

My GT16 is 3km/h faster than the v10. And 2km/h slower than the z10. Cool-looking is not enough for $2,000

I need to have it all! And the 18L looks to fit-the-bill. It’s 8km/h faster. And (for safety) the lights are on the outside of the shell. Not inside. Seriously, I NEED to be visible.

I am an experienced rider. For fun, I ride aggressive. Brake hard. Now, leaning my weight on turns is natural to me.

If the Inmotion v10 pedal is 6.7” from the ground. How many inches from the ground is the Z10?

This looks dangerously low.

7A38C145-F09B-4C3E-B652-A3AD8508CF77.jpeg

It is because they didn't show at optional need to have accessory...attachable steringwheel only +1500$ to maximize profit. ?

No need to lean to turn.

Edited by Unventor

13 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Speed: informed that there's a new internal Chinese reg that requires 20kph max, which is why the videos coming out of China are not quite heart pacing as one would like.

@Jason McNeil, what exactly does this mean. Is the Z10  going to be locked to certain speeds based on country. Also, what about nominal power, we've seen it advertised at 800w nominal. 

Is the 1800w nominal power or max power number ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adel said:

@Jason McNeil, what exactly does this mean. Is the Z10  going to be locked to certain speeds based on country. Also, what about nominal power, we've seen it advertised at 800w nominal. 

Is the 1800w nominal power or max power number ?

Both of those questions are utterly and totally crucial for my interest in the Z10. Is the max speed of 45kph the real deal? Is the 1800W number the nominal continuous power figure?

• Like 1